Let's Meet

Off Camera

Jungkook

If the first year in university is supposed to be the easiest, Jungkook is worried about what the following years have in store for him. It’s only his first year—hell, his first semester, and he’s already stressed out to the max.

Jungkook is thankful to be living in the modern world with Instagram and twitter, and his rapidly growing follower base. When he’s stressed about school and projects, he’ll post something. His fans respond. It makes him smile, and it relieves a lot of his worries.

With midterms right around the corner, Jungkook is only stressing more. He has big midterm projects that are due by the end of the week, and there’s still exams to study for on top of that.

He grabs his phone, and he types out a tweet, complaining about having too much work to do.

It only take a couple of minutes before his phone pings with a respond from twitter user, @leewoozi. Jungkook knows him. Well, he doesn’t know him, but he follows Woozi, real name Lee Jihoon, as well. They’ve been mutuals for a while, Jihoon having been Jungkook’s first follower on Instagram when he started posting his photography earlier that year.

Jihoon liked and commented and gave real feedback on all of Jungkook’s photos, and he was the first one to compliment him on his selfies when he started posting them as well.

Jungkook would have been a little more suspicious about this particular fan, but by viewing his social media pages, he learned that Woozi was actually a Youtuber, and he was really freaking cute.

Smiling, Jungkook sets his phone back down as he continues getting ready for class.

His first class of the day is probably his favorite class of all. Introduction to digital photography.

 

Seokjin

“And you’re supposed to be working,” Namjoon says when Seokjin slips his phone back under the counter. He’s referring to the comment Seokjin just posted on Jungkook’s Instagram. “Not worrying about what the kids are doing.”

Seokjin smiles when he sees Namjoon’s phone light up in his hand, and he knows that it’s Hoseok telling him to get his back to the studio so they can work on recording. “Yeah, well, you need to be getting back to work, so you have no right to tell me what to do.” He tells the younger one.

He watches Namjoon type out a reply to his best friend, and he looks back up at Seokjin. “I don’t want to,” He whines, sounding like a small child. “All Hoseok has been doing is nagging at me. It’s so annoying.”

Kim Namjoon, better known to the world by his stage name of Rap Monster, is the love of Seokjin’s life. Everyone who knows him for his music, brains, and Instagram imagine him to be some romantic, mature individual. Seokjin knows better, but it’s this child-like side of him that Seokjin loves the most.

He leans over the counter and presses a kiss to Namjoon’s lips because, well, screw being professional and all.

“Go,” He says. “It’ll be over before you know it, and I’ll have dinner ready when you get home.”

“I hope we’re done before you even have time to get dinner ready,” Namjoon says, and he grabs his keys before leaving from the cafe.

An idea comes to his mind, and his phone right back into his hands. He looks through his photos for an old selfie Namjoon had taken on his phone.

 

Taehyung

“Jimin-ah! Jimin-ah!” Taehyung calls from outside of his best friend’s apartment, phone in hand. “Open the door!”

He has to make this sound more urgent than what it really is to get Jimin to let him in.

The door comes open, and Jimin has his camera in his hand. Well, this is perfect content for his vlog channel to show just how spontaneous his and Taehyung’s friendship can be.

What do you want?” Jimin demands. “You act like there’s a Charizard—”

“Better.” Taehyung says, pushing past Jimin. He walks down the hall, directly to Jimin’s bedroom until he finds the little Pokemon sitting on his bed. “Vulpix.”

“Are you serious?” Jimin asks, and he turns the camera to face Taehyung. “So, yeah guys. This weird is my best friend. Does anyone want to apply to take his place?”

If Jimin actually keeps that part in the video when he uploads, he’ll have a ton of people responding, saying how much they would love to take Taehyung’s place as his best friend. Taehyung would be jealous, but—

“I’m just kidding,” Jimin says as he turns the camera back to himself. “He’s irreplaceable.”

“I got it!” Taehyung cheers, and he shows Jimin his phone to prove it.

Jimin turns the camera back to Taehyung, getting the phone screen in the shot. “Congratulations,” Jimin practically sings. “Aren’t you supposed to be going to work.”

Taehyung has to post the picture to Instagram to show his followers that he finally caught the Pokemon he had been going for the whole time, and he found it in his best friend’s apartment.

“Seokjin hyung will understand.” Taehyung says.

“Or he won’t excuse you at all. He’s been looking for a Vulpix, too, you know.” Jimin says back, and he turns off the camera.

“Hey, you’re making a video,” Taehyung says, ruffling Jimin’s hair despite knowing how much the smaller one hates when he does that. “Don’t let me stop you. I’ve got to get to work.”

“You’re the one who randomly showed up for a Vulpix.” Jimin mumbles as Taehyung leaves his room.

“And it was worth it, Jimin.” Taehyung calls back, assuring Jimin that, even if he’s late, he doesn’t regret his decision.

 

Jihoon

“So,” Jihoon says, expectant as Yoongi’s earphones come off. He bounces on the balls of his feet, excited to have finally have a solid song to submit to the show. “What do you think?”

“It’s good.” Yoongi tells him. “But—” of course there’s a but. “—do you have an instrumental version?”

“Yeah,” Jihoon says. He grabs his keychain where he has a few things other than keys attached to it. “On my flash drive.” As he says that, his phone pings with a notification. “Why?” He asks as he pulls his phone out of his pocket. His intention is to silence it, but he sees that it’s a snapchat from Jungkook.

“I was just thinking it’d be better if you sang it live.” Yoongi tells him.

“Hold on,” Jihoon says, and he sits down to open the message.

“What is it?” Yoongi asks, his interest spiked when he sees the worried expression on Jihoon’s face.

“He wants me to message him.” Jihoon says.

He has been following Jungkook since he first started his Instagram over the summer. In fact, he was Jungkook’s first follower on Instagram. Eventually, Jungkook followed him back and subscribed to his Youtube channel as well. The two had been talking on various platforms, but they hadn’t met in person yet. And Jungkook had never been so direct like he was in this message.

“So message him.” Yoongi says as if it’s that simple.

“I can’t just message him,” Jihoon whines. “I don’t even know what to say…”

“Just ask him what he wants. He’s the one who told you to message,” Yoongi suggests. “So he probably knows what he wants to say.”

Jihoon freezes.

“What?” Yoongi asks.

“He wants to meet.” Jihoon says.

“Tell him yes.” Yoongi says.

“But—”

“No arguments.” Yoongi cuts him off before he can even refuse. “I’ve been trying to get you two together for a while, but one of you is always busy when the other isn’t. Tell him yes. This is your only chance.”

“He’s coming here,” Jihoon says, dropping his phone on the table. “What do I do?”

“Wait.” Yoongi says. “In the mean time, let me get that instrumental from your drive so I’ll have it ready when you come back.”