Seoul Day

A Krystal Clear Lie

 

 

~~~ 

 

 

Kai groans as he hears his phone ring. He moves his hands along the bedside trying to feel the phone. ‘Where is my stupid phone?’ He thought. He finally opened his eyes to look around the bed and then look over the bed onto the ground. There, his phone sat, ringing. Kai groaned and reached to pick up his phone to answer the call.

 

“Hello?” He asks wearily.

“Jongin! You picked up! I’m in Seoul. Are you?” Kai stiffened and gets up from the voice.

“...Y-yeah… I am. Why? What’s up?”

“Can… Can we meet up? Again?”

Kai sighs, “Sure. Where?”

“Umm… How about… At..Congdu?”

Kai frowns. “Are we getting something to eat or..”

“Um are you hungry?”

“Well I just woke up.”

“Oh! Okay. Yeah. We can eat at Congdu too. Um… meet at 12?”

Kai pulled his phone away from his ear to look at the time on the phone.

 

 

11:15am

 

 

Kai put the phone back to his ears. “Yeah. Okay. Don’t be late.”

“I should be the one saying that to you Nini.”

Kai scoffed. “Don’t call me that,”

“Whatever. See you later.”

“Kay.” Kai hung up the phone and straightened his back, stretching.

 

 

He got up yawning, walking straight to the bathroom. He looks at himself in the mirror and looks at his hair. His hair was messy and his eyes were puffy. He needed a shower asap. He sighs as he walks out of the bathroom to grab a towel and walks back inside, stripping and turning on the shower. As soon as his body hits the hot warm water, he instantly blinks awake. He rubs his eyes so that he’s able to open his eyes.

 

 

After showering, he puts on his cosmetics in the bathroom and does his hair nicely, parted on the side.

 

 

When he comes out of the bathroom and looks at his phone it’s already 11:45.

 

 

“,” he curses out loud to himself. He quickly grabs a pair of ripped blue jeans, a black v-neck and a green bomber. He quickly grabs his phone, keys and sunglasses and puts on his shoes as he walks out of the house, locking it, and walking inside his car.

 

 

11:50am

 

 

Just on time. It doesn’t take Kai long to get to the restaurant. He arrives at Congdu at 12 sharp and he walks inside. He stands by the doorway as he looks around the room to find the person who called him.

He takes out his phone and was about to dial the number until he hears his name.

“Kai!”

The tall man turns around, eyes meeting the shorter. The shorter runs up to Kai and bro hugs him. The taller is taken back, but none the less, hugs the shorter back gently.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” The shorter says.

Kai frowns, “For what..?”

“Everything,”

Kai’s heart beats a little faster. “What do you mean? Is..is there something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh. um, no… I… I just have something to tell you.”

Kai’s heart doesn’t keep steady. The beat slowly increases. Kai breathes in and out slowly, trying to keep his heart at pace.

“You know Jessica? Jessica Jung?”

Kai frowns. ‘Isn’t she…’

 

 

The shorter sighs. “Jongin… I don’t know what to do.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo, slow down… What happened? In America?”

The shorter pouts and looks to the ground. He sighs before talking.

“My parents might make me marry her. And… I don’t want to. Otherwise they said they’d arrange a marriage for Byun Baekhyun instead...And I know that the Jungs, and the Byuns are successful.. But… Why me? I have an older brother! Just 5 years older!  Jongin, it’s not fair. Not when… I haven't got to spend time with you…”  Kyungsoo says sadly.

“Soo-ah… It’s okay. Today… you have the whole day to me. I promise that nothing will get in the way,” Kai says as he softly looks at the shorter. The shorter’s face looks down.

“That’s what you always say…”

Kai widens his eyes. “...Well if our day gets interrupted, then i’m going to keep spending time with you. No matter how long it takes.”

Kyungsoo looks back up to the taller with hope in his eyes. “Oh..Okay! Promise..?” Kyungsoo said as he sticks out his pinky. Kai smiles. “Promise,” he says as he pinky promises the shorter.

“Alright… Let’s go get a table. I’m hungry,” Kai says as he turns around and starts to walk. Kyungsoo nods and follows the taller to their table.  

“What drink would you like?” The waitress asked Kai.

“Just water,” he replied.

The waitress bit her lip and shyly looked at Kyungsoo, “And you?”

“I’ll get Coke,” Kyungsoo says. The waitress nods and shuffles to the back room to get their drinks. Kai observes the waitress. She’s a cute petite girl. About 5’2. Skinny, and has soft facial features. Long black hair with bangs… He didn’t miss when she blushed and shyly looked at Kyungsoo. He knows for sure that she has some sort of first crush at first sight.

 

“The waitress likes you,” Kai blankly said. Kyungsoo widened his eyes. “Huh?”

 

“She blushed at you and acted so shy around you. Just watch her when she comes back. Maybe say her name or something,” Kai snickered.

“Haha. You’re delusional. She’s probably doing that because of you,” Kyungsoo scoffs.

They both laugh. “No. Trust me. I watched her. Her small reactions to you are funny. I don’t think i’m her type,” Kai concludes.

Kyungsoo sighs. “Whatever you say, man. But if she hits on me, i’m sorry, but i’m technically taken because of my stupid marriage arrangements,” Kyungsoo sighs.

“Hey, chill. You’ll be fine. Trust me. Anyways… why are your parents setting an arrangement?” Kai frowns.

The man in front of him sighs. “They want to either connect to the Byuns or the Jungs… I don’t know. Sometimes I hate being the heir of the Do family.”

Kai purses his lips. “Well all of our families are really successful. I would question why our parents wouldn’t try to connect companies together. In fact, my dad is trying to connect the Kims to the Jungs.”

Kyungsoo widens his eyes again (for what felt like the 50th time for Kai). But before Kyungsoo could say anything the waitress appeared with their drinks.

Kyungsoo took the time to actually look at the girl, and to him, he would be lying if he didn’t say that she fits to his liking. She was indeed cute, but he didn’t really seem to be attracted to her. He noticed that she shyly avoided eyes at him and kept blushing whenever they made eye contact. Kai was right. That girl did have some crush on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo mentally smiles. ‘Cute’, he thought.

 

“Kyungsoo, what do you want to eat?” Kyungsoo looks up at his best friend. He notes the ‘I told you’ smile and mentally roles his eyes at Kai.

“Umm, I think i’ll take the lettuce and tomato salad with fried slices of lotus… and the yellow corvina fish set,” Kyungsoo planned.

The waitress shyly nods and repeats the list of ordered food.

“Yup, thanks..”Kai said. Kyungsoo looks at her name tag. “Thanks, Katie.” The waitress shyly smiles and quickly walks away.

 

“Yup! She likes me…” Kyungsoo said. Kai smiles. “Told you. Anyways, she’s cute. Not my style though. But doesn’t she fit your style?” Kai deadpanned.

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. “I was here to spend time with my best friend. Not trying to find some girl or guy with my best friend.” Kai shrugs in response.

Kyungsoo continues, “I mean, yeah she’s my type, but i’m not really feelin’ it right now. I’m still working on my feelings. I know I confessed a long time ago, but it’ll take time because I still see you a lot.”

Kai nods, “Yeah, I understand. It’s okay.” Kyungsoo nods, acknowledging what the taller man said. “Anyways, you were talking about your dad trying to connect the Kims to the Jungs?”

Kai’s lightbulb popped up and he opens his mouth to rant. “Oh yeah! Um.. this is a secret though. You can’t say anything about this at all… Um.. My dad has been wanting to get connections to the Jungs but haven’t been able to… So basically my dad is making me exploit their daughter Krystal Jung,” Kai said as he whispered the last two sentences. “And she’s a stubborn girl. I’ve already had so much troubles from her and she’s so freaking annoying, you don’t understand,” he said irritatedly.

“Really??? That would be weird. But… If you’re suppose to exploit her… doesn’t that mean that you’ll end up marrying her too? That would be weird because I might marry her sister,” Kyungsoo laughed. Kai slightly frowns. ‘Jessica Jung is her sister? My dad meant Krystal right..? Not Jessica?’ Kai thought. “Jessica is in the states right now?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo nodded. “Yup. And my family met both the Byuns and Jungs. It’s unfair. Baekhyun is really annoying and Jessica is sweet and all… But she’s not my type and I think it’d be hard to be with her.” Kyungsoo says.

Kai perks his lips and looked into space thinking. “Yeah, I know what you mean… The Jungs have two daughters?” Kyungsoo nods. “Oh. Well you’re lucky you got Jessica. Krystal is so… stubborn and annoying, I don’t know why my dad set me up with her,”

Kyungsoo frowns, “How so?”

Kai sighs annoyedly. Just thinking about her made him annoyed.

The waitress comes back with food before Kai can start again,”I’ll be right back with your food…” The waitress shyly said to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nods in response and politely nods. The waitress comes back a minute later with Kyungsoo’s food. “Enjoy your meal,” the waitress says as she bows her head. “Thanks,” Kai and Kyungsoo say at the same time as the waitress walks away.

Kai sighs returning back to the topic of Krystal. “Anyways, the thing for Krystal..for one, she doesn’t buy anything, she only looks. She’s stubborn, and she’s so sarcastic sometimes that it gets annoying.”

Kyungsoo stifles a laugh. “Sounds like a girl version of you.” Kai frowns deeper.

“Don’t even compare her to me! That just gives me another reason to not like her. Similar people don’t go together. If you’ve forgotten, there’s a saying that ‘opposites attract’...” Kai says as he stuffs food in his mouth. Kyungsoo shrugs in response and puts a spoonful of food in his mouth. Kai pouts, “...Am I like that?”

Kyungsoo looks at Kai and shrugs again while swallowing the food in his mouth. “You’re stubborn… you can be annoying… you nag sometimes… you always try to prove your point no matter what….. But you’re a smart man. You didn’t grow up to be apart of the Kim heir for nothing. You know you’re talented too… singing, dancing, rapping… I can only do one of those things. But I think that’s what kind of makes you cocky. You have talents to show off.” Kyungsoo says. Kai stuffs another spoon of food in his mouth before speaking.

 

 

“Okay… you’re right… but i’m talking about my personality. Not my talents and my reputation… You make it sound like I have a bad personality,” Kai says dejectedly.

 

 

“Well you do have a cocky personality, but that’s because you have a lot of things to live for and you can show off. In some time you’ll be the CEO of the Kim Corporation, or maybe a professional dancer, or performer. Don’t get me wrong though. I’m not trying to make you look bad. I haven’t gotten to the good qualities of you. Although you’re cocky and all, you’re also very sweet. You’re charming, you’re polite, you’re surprisingly nice… You’re loyal and always stick to your words… and you’re caring to the close people around you… I think it’s good that you’re father put you up with Krystal…” Kai makes a disgusted face after hearing her name. “No, I mean that it’s good for you to find someone similar to you. Next time, find out her passions or something. Maybe she likes the same things as you. You’ll find yourself in that experience.” Kai sighs in response. He eats again and swallowed before speaking.

 

“I guess you’re right… i’ll give her a go I guess.” Kai says.

“But! You have to be nicer to her,” Kyungsoo says. Kai frowns.

“What? Nicer? You’re crazy. She’s the one who threw an attitude to me,” Kai says as he rolls his eyes and take a bite into his food.

“Are you sure you weren’t the one who started it? Because usually situations like yours only happen when one person starts with an attitude… And I think you’re more likely to start,” Kyungsoo said. Kai sits and flashes back to the moment he met her at the pastry shop.

 

 

“I’m sorr-” She was cut off by Kai’s loud sigh.

“Yah. Aren’t you going to buy anything? I’ve been standing in line behind you for a long time and have somewhere to be.” Kai watched annoyedly at the stranger as she raised an eyebrow.

 

 

Kai widened his eyes and stares at Kyungsoo, and then pouts and shamefully stuffs his mouth with food.

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, “So I was right, you were the person who started it and she just returned your attitude back.”

Kai pouts and looks to Kyungsoo. “Shut up, hyung.”

Kyungsoo smiles. “Well, go talk to her and start anew. You can’t let your dad down, remember? Say sorry and try to get to know her. Girls usually give second chances, so go and restart anew later,” Kyungsoo finished. Kai slowly nods as he continues to eat.

 

From this point on, they chatted and ate for another 20 minutes and then paid for their bill.

 

 

 

 

 

They both walked out the restaurant with full stomachs.

“Where to?” Kyungsoo asks.

“There’s an import show starting in half an hour from now…” Kai suggested.

“Okay,” Kyungsoo agreed.

 

They walked into the white Lexus and left the parking lot, into the highway.

With songs blasting, they don’t speak throughout the car-ride until they arrive at the import show.

When they arrive, they take time to fix themselves. Kai finishes before Kyungsoo does and waits. He watches as Kyungsoo fixes his red hair. Kyungsoo put his hair up revealing his forehead. Kai looks at Kyungsoo’s outfit to find him tight black pants, a white v-neck and Concord Jordans.

‘Hm… not bad shortie.’ Kai thought.

“Your style has changed,” Kai said.

Kyungsoo finishes his hair and looks to Kai.

“I know. When I left to America, I decided to start anew and care for my looks. Now I understand how you feel,” Kyungsoo chuckles.

Kai scoffs. “Well, we best go in right now, before the show starts.” Kyungsoo nods as he and Kai walk into the building.

They saw a bunch cars and import models. Kyungsoo and Kai ended up taking pictures with some import models.

 

 

By the time they were done with the Import Show, they were talking about the many cars that were there. The duo weren’t that amazed, but some cars did leave an impression on them. Because they were heirs of big companies, they would be able to buy the cars wanted, so the show wasn’t much of surprise.

 

 

 

 

It was about 4 when they decided to go out to get ice cream at a place called Sobok. When they walked inside the ice cream shop, there were 3 girls who went up to Kai and Kyungsoo asking for pictures and autographs. Kyungsoo and Kai smiled and let the girls take pictures and autographed a belonging of each girl. When they were done, the 3 girls bowed their heads and left the ice cream shop.

 

Kyungsoo walked towards the cashier bowing his head and then looking down at the ice cream and pastries in a glass counter. The cashier frowned. “Hyung! How could you not recognise me!”

Kyungsoo looked at the cashier for a couple seconds before he recognised one of his favorite dongsaengs. Kyungsoo gasps as he sees a -hurt Sehun and hears a Kai snickering behind him. Kyungsoo turns to Kai making a hitting gesture making Kai flinch while laughing quietly.

 

“Yah! Aegi! Why didn’t you say anything to me? And when did you dye your hair platinum blonde? ...And when did you grow so tall?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

“I dyed it recently. Like about a month ago. And hyung, i’m taller than you now! Haha!” Sehun teased. Kyungsoo scoffed and shook his head while walking behind the counter. Kyungsoo and Kai pulled Sehun into a hug.

 

“Hyung, when did you get here?” Sehun asks as he grabs paper ice cream cups for Kyungsoo and Kai.

“I just got hear two days ago, and then called Kai to hang out since it’s been awhile. I didn’t know you’d be here too though. If you were, I would’ve texted you too. I thought you were still staying in China until you were 21,” Kyungsoo says as he leans over the counter and watches as Sehun scoops out 2 scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream in one cup and cotton candy wonderland in another. Sehun puts the cups on the counter, handing the mint chocolate chip ice cream to Kyungsoo and the cotton candy wonderland to Jongin. As he turns around to go get plastic spoons, he says, “Oh. About that, I changed my mind and wanted to go to college here instead, so I left at last year. I’ve only been in the college for one year but I met a chinese transfer named Luhan! He’s really cute. He dances like me and can sing too!” Sehun exclaims as he brings the spoons over to the two.

 

Kai tilts his head. He’s heard the name Luhan before… but where? Too bad for Kyungsoo, Kai already made a comment before he could. Kai remembered! When he took that girl to go eat, the waiter's name was Luhan! And the boy was pretty handsome too. He had that flower boy look that probably any girl would fall for. “Does Luhan work at a restaurant?” Kai asks.

 

Sehun wanders his eyes to try and remember Luhan’s job. After some time he finally gives a response to Kai. “Oh! yeah, he does! He works at HEMLAGAT (헴라갓). I’m surprised that he even got a job there. That restaurant is for high class and only hire people who are really really good at their job there and really good lookin一oh. Oh wait...He told me once that he was a waiter for his aunt’s restaurant for 3 years… and his looks are very flower-boy like… Hmm. I never thought he would still be working as a waiter after being abroad,” Sehun says as he gets off the counter. Sehun’s words leave Kai’s mouth open in a small shock that he’s met the same boy who one of his childhood friends has been raving about.

 

“I’ve met him,” Kai says. Both Kyungsoo and Sehun turn to him in curiosity and shock.

“Huh?? How?” Kyungsoo asks. Kai shrugs. “When I took Krystal out to eat, he was our waiter.”

 

Both Kyungsoo and Sehun say “oh” at the same time. Suddenly the bell rings at the front door, signaling that a customer was here. Kyungsoo and Kai move away from the front counter to let the person order their dessert. The two go behind counters to help Sehun work.

 

They all work until it was night shift. By then, it was around 9 pm. They said their goodbyes and hugged, then parted ways.

 

Kai and Kyungsoo get into the car and Kai turns on the engine. He sighs. “See? I didn’t leave you hanging.” Kyungsoo chuckles. “I guess not. Thank you for today, Jongin,” Kyungsoo says. Kai pulls out of the driveway and drives to his house down in Seoul.

 

Kai prepares the guest room for Kyungsoo to sleep and then he goes to his own room to settle down. He sighs. ‘Maybe I should give Krystal a chance. I don’t know what her interest are or what makes her happy…’ Kai thought as sleep started to consume him.

 

 


 

Hello! I'm so sorry that it's been awhile since I updated, but school had me really caught up with things and i'm about to finish school in two days, so I had time to finish this chapter.

The waitress that liked Kyungsoo is Katie Chen/Chen Katie. She is a Taiwanese actress. She starred in Bromance so that's why I know her!

Here's a picture of her:

-sooshi_luvs