END

All I Ask

“Let’s break up.”

Taeyeon wasn’t surprised at his sudden words. She knew that their relationship would be ending soon. She just didn’t expect it to be this soon.

For a moment, there was silence as Taeyeon tried to find something to say. She loves him a lot that the thoughts of having to be without him hurts. She knew exactly why he wants to break up. She’s someone who never really likes to share things with anyone-not even him.

He got mad at her a few weeks ago after finding out that she was once married to a friend of his, Choi Seunghyun, a few years ago. She knows that she should’ve told him about it but she didn’t think it was important. Seunghyun was her past-someone she tried to forget because he was a mistake, and Jiyong was her present and future. But Jiyong thinks it was mean of her for not telling him anything about it. Their argument lasted for hours. Jiyong was sure she keeps a lot of other secrets from him and wanted her to tell him everything. But she insisted that she told him everything-all except her marriage to Seunghyun.

Ever since that day, Jiyong grew cold and Taeyeon knew that this was coming. He’s lost his trust in her after that day, she realized. But the reason why she keeps secret from him or anyone is because she didn’t want them to be burdened by it. 

After a few minutes, she opened to say something but nothing came out. She calmed herself down before taking a deep breath.

“Yeah,” she sighed. “Then, if this is my last day with you, can we please pretend like we’re alright? Act like we are a happy couple and go to places where lovers would go.”

“What are you saying?” Jiyong was not sure he understood.

“Don’t get me wrong. I understand that you want us to break up but please... just for today, I want us to have a perfect ending,” she had sounded desperate but really, she didn’t want any more arguement with Jiyong. She just wants them to leave only with good memories. “Otherwise, we both know how this will go down. It’ll just end bitterly after a huge argument between us again. I don’t want that.”

Jiyong seemed to be deep in thoughts, unsure whether he should say yes or not to her request. He love her a lot that the thoughts of her keeping secrets angered him a lot. He wants to know everything about her-good and bad. But she doesn’t seem like she wants to share her secrets with him anytime soon and he couldn’t wait that long. He wants reassurance-that she trust him fully and will tell him everything. It’s why he wants to breakup, he doesn’t see the point of them continuing as a couple when she didn’t even put effort into the relationship. He knows that she keeps secret because she didn’t want people to be worried about her. But he is her boyfriend, damn it! He told her he was going to marry her but she still keeps secret from him?

“Alright. Just for today, I’ll pretend that we’re alright,” Jiyong finally agreed after much thinking. He quickly put on a smile on his face.

Despite his smile, she knew that he was faking it. It was clearly shown through his eyes-they speak to her.

“But-“

“No, I don’t need your honesty. Let’s just not talk anymore about what happened if we are going to do this, Jiyong,” Taeyeon said as she shut her eyes in frustration. He nodded silently as he offered his hand for her to take. She gladly took his hand before they walked out of the cafe.

He took a deep breath and told himself to forget everything that’s happened. “Where do you want to go, baby girl?”

“Should we go watch a movie?” she replied cutely. He nodded while giving her a huge smle as he lead her to his car. He helped her get into the passenger’s seat before getting to the driver’s seat. He quickly drove away towards the movie theater, with one hand on the steering wheel while the other was intertwined with Taeyeon’s. He squeezed her hand tightly, as if telling her that everything was going to be alright.

They picked a movie that Jiyong’s been dying to see for weeks now. Taeyeon could care less about what movie they are going to watch, as long as they watched it together. He bought popcorns and some drinks before they walked into the theater and the movie started playing.

It was halfway through the movie when Jiyong realized that Taeyeon was sleep. Her head was resting on his shoulder. He forgot about the movie for awhile and focused on Taeyeon’s sleeping face. The sound of her steady breathing was the only thing he heard despite the loud noises coming from the movie. He sighed before focusing back on the movie.

“Baby, wake up. The movie’s ended,” he her cheek gently to wake her up.

Taeyeon opened her eyes quickly and flashed him an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry that I fell asleep. I stayed up late last night to finish an assignement.”

“It’s alright. So, where do you want to go next?” Jiyong asked as he helped her up from her seat. He circled his arm around her waist protectively as they walked out of the cinema. Anyone who sees them would think they are alright and that they are in their early stage of a relationship. Some even blatantly stared at them with envy. If only they knew.

“Let’s go get ice cream?” he suggested. Taeyeon has always loved ice cream, it never fail to brighten her up.

“Yes! Let’s go!” her face lit up in excitement. He chuckled before ruffling her hair and pulled her to where the ice cream stand is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost midnight when she received a text from her roommate, Tiffany, asking her where she was and when she would be coming home. She sighed. She was happy and she hoped time would stop so she could always be with Jiyong. But she knew, it’s time to finally let go. He’s agreed to spend the whole day together with her. Holding her hands and do what lovers do just like the old days. But it’s coming to an end. Taeyeon dreaded this but she cheered herself on. She told herself to act strong, at least until she got home.

He stopped the car as soon as they arrived in front of her apartment building and pulled the hand-brake. He leaned his head on the back of his seat.

“This is it, then?” he asked.

“Yeah. Thanks for today, I enjoyed it,” she said as she reached out for his hands. She won’t ask for forgiveness because she knows that what she’s done couldn’t be easily forgiven. “I’m going then.”

She was about to open the door when she felt his hand around her wrist. He stopped her form stepping out of the car and leaned in closer. He put his arm on the back of her head and leaned in. Then, she felt his warm lips crashing against hers and couldn’t help it but to kiss him back. She closed her eyes and hoped that he could understand whatever she was feeling through the kiss.

They pulled away moments later, breathless. It was beautiful yet painful at the same time.

“I hope you’d be happy. I’m going now. Once again, thank you for everything,” was the last thing she said before walking out of the car. She didn’t dare to look back and ran as quickly as posisble into the building as soon as she closed the car door.

By the time she reached her shared apartment, tears were already falling from her eyes. Tiffany, who was watching a drama on TV, quickly turned the TV off and pulled her best friend into a hug. Tiffany patted Taeyeon’s back softly while cooing her to let it all out. Soon enough, Taeyeon was sobbing in her best friend’s arms.

“I’m guessing, it’s over then?” Tiffany asked after Taeyeon calmed down a bit. Taeyeon weakly nodded. Tiffany went to the kitchen to make a cup of hot chocolate for Taeyeon.

“I won’t tell you ‘I told you so’ becuase you know I was right,” Tiffany said from the kitchen. Taeyeon sat on the sofa with her knees on her chest as she waited for Tiffany to come back.

“He’s the best damn thing that ever happened to you. I thought he was the one for you,” Tiffany said again as she walked back with a cup of hot chocolate and handed it to the blonde girl.

Taeyeon thought so too. She always thought that Jiyong was the one. He’s always understand her better than anyone. When things are bad, she always run to him and he would always know the best ways to cheer her up. It’s gone now, where should she run to now?

I hope this story isn't as y as I think it is.

I hope you enoyed it!

Please do comment down below so I can improve and be a better fanfiction writer!

Thank you dear fellow Royalist Dreamer!

I'll see you soon on my other stories!