Final

National Geographic and Chill

 

 

“It’s okay, I’ve got it,” Sehun said softly, taking the last dinner dish from his boyfriend.

“But I wanted to help,” the shorter pouted back, his cheeks rounding slightly. Sehun smiled and rolled his eyes.
“Go put something on the TV. I’ll be over in a second,” he assured. After a moment of hesitation, “Joonmyeon, it’s almost done. I promise.”
 
Joonmyeon acquiesced with a cute smile and headed out to the living room. Sehun dried the last plate and put it in the cupboard while trying his best to suppress his smile. All the leftovers were put away, the dishes were done, and the kitchen was tidy. It had been a long week but now it was Friday night and there were no set obligations for either of them. At least, not for the next twelve hours. Sehun pulled down two wine glasses and searched the kitchen drawers for a corkscrew.
 
Tonight, Oh Sehun was getting laid. Even if it was the last goddamned thing he did.
 
It had been too long. Too. Long.
 
Joonmyeon had been leaving the apartment early every morning to get to campus and put in extra hours in his office. With finals in full swing, he had more student and faculty meetings than ever combined with endless papers to grade. Sehun himself had been staying out late almost every night, working hard in his studio for the upcoming spring fashion show. He often didn’t get home until well after midnight, only to crawl into bed and press a tired kiss to his, usually already asleep, boyfriend’s cheek before passing out cold. But finals were officially over now and Sehun had managed to schedule all of his meetings with the insufferable models they had hired for the show before five that evening. He had high hopes for tonight. The romantic dinner phase had already been completed and now it was time for a movie they could easily ignore in favor of other activities.
 
Sehun shuffled into the living room in his slippered feet, balancing the two glasses of red wine in his hands. He took a moment to pause beside the couch and admire his boyfriend. Joonmyeon was tucked into the corner of the light grey couch, a yellow and blue printed pillow cushioning his ribs against the arm. His slim fit black trousers rode up a little on the leg that he had crossed over the other, and his white v-neck was pulled taught over his shoulders and across his chest. He’d already discarded his ugly professor sweater (Sehun’s preferred way to refer to them) that he’d worn to work that day. Assumedly feeling eyes on him, Joonmyeon turned his head and smiled softly at Sehun, eyes scrunching slightly behind his black framed glasses.
 
“Wine?” Joonmyeon asked after Sehun handed his glass over and curled up beside him. “You hate wine.”
“I do not hate wine,” the blonde frowned. He swirled the deep red liquid around the glass in his hand. To be fair he didn’t love wine either.
“You sometimes drink white wine and that’s only at your posh fashion events. We both know that you don’t enjoy it, you just want to look sophisticated.”
“Hey! I’m sophisticated!” Sehun whined with a pout. It took all of three seconds of Joonmyeon’s smug look to realize how he’d sounded. “Whatever,” he mumbled.
The elder took a sip from the glass. “My favorite wine?” he eyed his boyfriend suspiciously. “What’s the occasion?”
“What occasion? I just wanted to do something nice for you. A nice dinner, a good glass of wine, and cuddling on the couch.”
“I made dinner,” Joonmyeon deadpanned.
“Of course you made dinner. You know what happened the last time I made dinner.”
“I think the smoke detector might remember a little more vividly than I do…”
“Shut up and drink your wine,” Sehun grumbled, sipping from his own glass. He barely suppressed the pinched look of disgust his face muscles begged to contort into.
Joonmyeon smiled, not fooled for one second by Sehun’s carefully schooled expression. “Thank you,” he murmured quietly. Sehun smiled one of his rare soft smiles back and averted his eyes to his lap almost shyly.
 
Joonmyeon hummed as he took another sip of his wine, relaxed even further into the couch, and turned back to the television. Sehun followed his gaze and had to hold in his groan of disappointment. Joonmyeon hadn’t put on a mindless film. He had put on the one channel that would undoubtedly hold the young professor’s attention raptly and indefinitely.
 
“National Geographic?” Sehun said with barely contained loathing.
“It’s a fascinating documentary on the Maori people,” Joonmyeon responded enthusiastically. “I’ve never studied them; what a great culture. Did you know tattoos are a core component of their culture? They’re specific to the person being tattooed and they leave grooves on the skin instead of being flat like tattoos we would see every day,” he continued. His eyes stayed trained on the screen intently, soaking in the new information. After a moment he commented softly, “It’s really beautiful.”
 
While Sehun agreed that the traditions were certainly interesting, an educational culture lesson hadn’t quite been on his itinerary for the evening. He had to do his best to tear his boyfriend away from the pull of knowledge.
 
“Couldn’t we watch something a little more…” Sehun searched for the right word, “mindless? It’s been a long few weeks for both of us. I thought we could just watch something on Netflix and… chill.” There may or may not have been a specific inflection on the last word but he’d never admit it.
“We are chilling,” Joonmyeon frowned. Sehun couldn’t help the soft laugh that escaped him at seeing his tightly laced college professor of a boyfriend say the word chilling with so much emotion.
“No, you’re learning. Tonight is supposed to be about spending time together and not using our brains.”
Joonmyeon considered his boyfriend for a moment and sighed. “Alright I suppose I could record this and watch it later. We could put on a movie instead.”
“Thank you,” Sehun said with relief at the thought of his plan moving forward until-
“Star Wars!” the brunette declared happily.
“Oh my God,” his head fell forward in disbelief. Sehun put his wine glass down on the coffee table (on a coaster, thank you very much) and got up onto his knees. He leaned forward, crowding Joonmyeon into the couch’s corner and looked at his face intently. “Hyung, I’m just going to say it. You’re supposed to pay attention to me tonight. A lot of attention.”
 
Sehun looked into Joonmyeon’s eyes meaningfully and bit his lip. After surveying the other for a moment, a look of realization came over the young professor’s face and he let out a soft “oh.” Sehun hummed in satisfaction at his message finally – finally – being understood and leaned forward to kiss his very dumb boyfriend.
 
One kiss turned into two which turned into Joonmyeon sliding down into a slouch and Sehun perching on his thighs, brushing his long fingers through Joonmyeon’s neatly combed locks. A soft breath left Joonmyeon’s mouth as Sehun kissed his way from his mouth across to his ear. He took a moment to on the lobe.
 
Then, sweetly, Sehun whispered, “If you spill your wine on my couch, I will murder you.”
 
A strangled laugh escaped Joonmyeon and he shifted to place his wine glass onto a coaster sitting on the coffee table. With both his hands free he was able to cup Sehun’s face and run his own, smaller fingers through the blonde locks. Sehun slid his hands down Joonmyeon’s front, toyed with the hem of his white tee before his hands continued their journey back up, this time under the soft fabric. He felt the shudder of muscles as he passed over them, the quick rise of a chest as his thumb brushing a ripped a gasp from the elder.
 
Sehun pulled back and took a moment to truly admire the sight before him. He loved few things as much as he loved taking apart his prim and proper boyfriend; messing up that perfectly combed and parted hair, causing a red flush to bloom on those cheeks, kissing those pink lips until they were a pretty burgundy. And he knew Joonmyeon took pleasure in the same things – deconstructing the carefully assembled, handsome visage Sehun presented every day to the fashion world he worked in.
 
Joonmyeon’s fingers were just starting to tug on the button of Sehun’s expensive black jeans when a floorboard creaking caused the couple to pull apart quickly.
 
“Daddy?” a small voice floated across the room from the now open door to their daughter’s bedroom. Sehun straightened quickly. He slid back onto his own cushion and both men sat upright.
“Hey, peanut. What’s wrong?” Sehun asked soothingly as the girl drew nearer, dragging her Star Wars stuffed Rey doll behind her along the way.
“I had a bad dream,” the little girl pouted, turning large almond eyes from one father to the other.
“Oh, Soojungie,” Joonmyeon sighed and reached over to run cool fingers over her cheek. “Do you want Papa to read you a story?” The little girl shook her head quickly.
“I want Daddy.”
Sehun smiled gently. “Go back to bed. I’ll be there in a minute, okay?”
 
They watched her trot away, pig tails bouncing. Once she was out of sight Sehun let out a soft groan and buried his face into Joonmyeon’s neck.
 
“I’m sorry, baby, but she wants her Daddy not her Papa,” Joonmyeon smiled and he could barely keep the amusement from his voice.
“Even when I was just the nanny she always liked me better.”
“Hey!” Joonmyeon pinched his side sharply and Sehun pulled away with a giggle. He leaned back in and placed a kiss where Joonmyeon’s neck met his shoulder before leaving a soft bite there.
“Drink your red wine. Your heart is going to need it for what I have planned for you.”
“I’m only seven years older than you,” he grumbled despite the shiver that ran down his back.
“Bedroom, ten minutes,” Sehun warned before heading into Soojung’s room.
 
The pink and green butterfly nightlight was already lit so Sehun used its soft glow to cross the room to his daughter’s bed. He settled on the edge and took in the young girl with her floral comforter pulled up to her chin.
 
“You okay, peanut?” the blonde asked softly. Soojung shook her head and gazed back with rounded eyes. “Do you want to tell Daddy what your bad dream was about?”
Instead of answering Soojung took a deep breath and pulled her Rey doll closer. “Daddy do you love me and Papa?”
“Sweetie…” Sehun flinched a little, taken aback at such a ridiculous question. “Of course I do. What’s wrong?”
“In my dream… Papa asked you to stay and you said no. You aren’t going to leave us are you, Daddy?” her little lips trembled and Sehun thought for a second that he saw tears in her eyes. His mind strayed to the little girl’s mother for a moment, a woman who had been long gone before he came into the picture – a woman who, from what Sehun had been told, Soojung probably couldn’t even remember.
“No, Soojungie. I want to stay with you and Papa for a very, very long time.”
“So if Papa asked you to stay with us forever you would say yes?” she pressed.
“Yes, I would,” Sehun answered immediately and knew in his heart those words were true.
“You promise?” Soojung asked with feeling. The corner of Sehun’s mouth lifted a bit at that.
“Pinky promise.”
“Okay. I believe you, Daddy,” she said approvingly and snuggled into her pillows further, seemingly satisfied with the conversation.
“Alright. Go to sleep, sweetie. We have a big day at the river planned for tomorrow; you need your rest.”
“Okay, Daddy,” Soojung sighed.
“Is there anything else you need me to do?” the blond asked, pulling the colorful comforter up to tuck around the little girl’s shoulders.
“Yeah,” she murmured, already halfway to dreamland judging by the breathiness in her little voice. “Say yes to Papa tomorrow.”
 
Sehun froze completely, falling into a stunned silence. By the time he had gathered his wits, Soojung was sound asleep and he didn’t want to wake her. He crept from her room softly and pulled the door closed behind him, leaning his back against it the second the latch caught. Taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly, Sehun’s eyes landed on his own bedroom door of the past three years. He could hear Joonmyeon moving around inside and his heart jumped slightly in his chest; he felt like he was flying for a second. He slinked across the room with a barely suppressed grin, turning off the lights as he went.
 
Hopefully Joonmyeon was ready for a long night.




------------
lol hi everyone! i genuinely went into this just planning on writing a little making out with natgeo in the background but im a sappy so THIS HAPPENED!! suhologist and i talk a lot about nanny/fashion student!sehun and single dad/professor!suho and it's her BIRTHDAY TODAY so i had to do something special! i know i should be writing halfling but at least it's something... >_>    Happy Birthday, suhologist!!