before Berlin, after Paris

Before Berlin, After Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
before Berlin, after Paris

It was a typical day in Paris, the capital city of France. Although it wasn't particularly sunny, the little amount of clouds up in the sky held no hints of pouring any droplets for the day, which was quite a good sign to most Parisians. Even so, it wasn't as if a good rainy day was a bad occurrence either, but sunny weather was most preferable.

To Yoochun, it was a perfect day as any to finally travel away from Paris and into another country. He had his fair share of Paris life; he indulged in the many delicacies and fine cuisine; he marvelled in the sights and sounds of Paris; and he met many locals as well as tourists, such as himself, along the way. It was time he ventured off into another unknown to once again dive himself into a pool of more adventure and self-discovery. The man had no plan whatsoever on where to go next, but on the previous night, he managed to narrow down his choices into two: Switzerland and Germany.

Yoochun couldn't make up his mind on where to go. On one hand, it would be nice to experience the many scenic attractions Switzerland had to offer, but that didn't mean Germany didn't have its own scenery to explore either. He heard many accounts of how breathtaking the Swiss Alps were, as well as how luxurious the city of Zurich was. It would definitely be great to experience those. On the other hand, Germany had a rich history, aside from its involvement in the Second World War. Apart from the famous Berlin Wall, the country had beautiful castles and museums to look at and explore in.

The downside to travelling to Switzerland was the fact that Yoochun's wallet would take quite the beating. Switzerland wasn't particularly cheap to get to at the moment, as much as it would be to stay at. Apart from that, the man was already towards the end of his independent trip before he had to return to South Korea, and at this point of his trip in Europe, he wasn't particularly full of cash. Perhaps Germany would be his next destination for now. A trip to Switzerland could come on another day.

With his mind set on Germany, Yoochun quickly searched online to find accommodation for the rest of his stay in the next country before he had to return to South Korea. Luckily, he was able to find some place cheap and homey, similar to his stay in France. He packed his things and left his homey accommodation with a heavy heart, but also with a determined and excited point of view. On his way to the train station, he was accompanied by the lovely couple he had the pleasure to meet, who also provided the accommodation he stayed at throughout his stay in Paris, France. He would definitely miss the both of them, as the young couple treated him nothing less than a close friend, as if they knew each other for years than a mere few weeks. They exchanged tales, jokes and hearty conversations, as well as took him to various places, famous and unknown. Yoochun could definitely say that his most favourite part would be his stay in France.

After his new friends helped him with getting a train ticket straight to Luxembourg, and a connecting train to Berlin, he bid them a sad goodbye. He didn't forget to use some of the new French words he had learned throughout his stay with them.

"Au revoir, Yoochun!" Louis called and waved after him as he made his way to the train platform, "Have a safe trip! Write letters!"

"I will!" Yoochun replied with a final wave and a smile as he added, "Au revoir, Louis! Nathan!"

"Farewell!" the other man with Louis, named Nathan, greeted with an arm looped around Louis' waist and his other arm waving in return. They watched as their South Korean friend disappeared amongst the crowd before turning around to head back home.

Meanwhile, Yoochun towed his luggage and backpack through the heavy crowd of Gare du Nord, one of Paris' six main train stations. Although his train ride wasn't due until another two hours, he decided he should have a look at the train platform where he would have to board his train, before ventur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter