No time for revelations

No time for the living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The camp was quiet, the dark of night surrounding the camp so only the warm light of the small fires placed around were illuminating the small space. It had been just over a week since Changkyun had returned with Yoonho and he was still being treated like a baby. Whenever he tried to help out around the camp he was told to sit down and rest and he was starting to get sick of it.

'This is a load of , they are letting Yoonho help out, so why can't I?' C​​hangkyun thought angrily as he lay on his side, his back facing the opening of the tent. He had been sleeping in Kihyun's tent, much to his displeasure, he didn't want to stay with him, he didn't before the world turned to and he certainly didn't now it had​. He was so immersed in his own thoughts that he didn't hear the sound of someone opening his tent until they were inside tapping him on the shoulder. Turning slightly he saw the smiling face of Hoseok the older boy looking at him with a warm smile. "Hey kid, I heard you are getting tired of sitting around, we can't have that now, can we?" the older boy asked.

Changkyun sat up so he could at the boy fully, turning to face him he raised his eyebrows in silent question. "Yeah, of course I don't want to just sit here". He almost squeaked in surprise when the older boy suddenly clapped his hands together. "That's the spirit! I heard you have a friend still missing, I wanted to go into that town and look for supplies, from what I've heard when talking to Yoonho their seems to be no shortage of them there".  

Changkyun nodded wearily, still not believing that he was allowed to help out, leaving the camp no less. "Yoonho was right, most of the town seemed to have had some sort of suicide pact so most of the houses and shops are pretty much untouched".

"Great, get ready then we'll leave in an hour".

"But what about Kihyun?" Changkyun asked, suspicious of how he would be allowed with Kihyun constantly prowling around.

"Don't worry about him kiddo, I can handle Kihyun so you just focus on getting yourself dressed. I've put together a small pack for you, including weapons so you don't have to worry about that either". Changkyun scowled but didn't comment on what the other had called him, he nodded and watched as the older boy stood and ducked out of the tent, closing it behind him.

The young brunette huffed but then found a small smile growing on his face at the thought of going out and looking for Seokwon. Slowly he started to get dressed, being mindful of the bandages wrapped around his waste. After he had finished getting ready he exited the tent, walking directly into Kihyun who was waiting outside for him. The older boy steadied him before quickly releasing him. "I've talked to Hoseok already, he told me about taking you with him to the next town over to look for your friend" Kihyun sighed but continued. "I agreed but Yoonho and Jooheon are going with the two of you". Changkyun shrugged, not minding the additions to the trip.

The older boy reached forward, hands gripping lightly on each of his brothers arms. Looking up, Changkyun met the pleading eyes of Kihyun. "Please Kyun, Please take care of yourself. I don't know what I would do if I lost you again, it's happened too many times already". There was a stunned silence, the younger boy caught up in the moment as he almost answered the older boy. Before he could his brain gave him the angry reminder that the older boy wasn't a friend, he was a foe. Changkyun shook the hands of him before glaring at the older boy. "Don't act like you care, you didn't lose me before you left me, there's a difference" Kihyun felt himself freeze at the sentence, he could only stand and watch as the younger boy turned and walked away from him.

A large hand came and rested on Kihyun's shoulder, he didn't bother turning fully aware of who it was. "Why don't you just tell him the truth? It'll be easier if he can understand you?" Kihyun turned to the bear leader, the older man offering him a small smile. "I will but so far I can't even speak to him long enough to tell him, plus he's not wrong I did leave him no matter what the reason for it, I left him in that place to fend for himself". Hyunwoo pulled the boy in for a hug, trying to shield him from the worries even if only for a minute. "He'll understand, you were doing it for him. You just never got the chance to save him before, but now you do so don't waste it". The oldest boy spoke gently, a tone so full of emotion that if the other boys heard it they wouldn't even believe it to be true.

Kihyun pulled back, reaching forward he placed his hand on the others cheek and it gently. "Thank you, Hyunwoo"

"I'm sorry to break up this very intimate and heart-warming moment" both boys turned to see Minhyuk standing a few steps away wiggling his eyebrows "but I thought I should let you know they are about to leave". The boy spoke happily as he pointed towards the other end of the camp, most likely in the rough direction the small group was leaving from. Hyunwoo nodded and thanked the energetic boy who turned and walked away, a small bounce in his steps. "We should go and see them off". Kihyun nodded but a frown was drew on his cute features. Hyunwoo his arm in comfort as he turned them in the direction they needed to go. "They'll be fine, Hoseok and Jooheon are with them". He said with certainty, Kihyun nodded and silently hoped he was right as they both made their way to the edge of the camp.

When they arrived they saw the small group was already standing by and ready to go. Hyunwoo moved forward, ignoring Minhyuk who sat teasing a groaning Jooheon. "How long do you think you'll be?" he asked Hoseok as the other boys continued to mess around. Hoseok thought for a moment "probably a day, if what they said is true we should be able to barricade our selves inside one of the houses for the night and come back tomorrow with more supplies and hopefully Seokwon". Hyunwoo nodded and patted his shoulder before moving back to Kihyun.

Hyunwoo looked around at all of the boy, then raised his voice slightly so that every member of the camp could hear him. "They will help out now and be back tomorrow, as soon as they leave get back into camp rotor to continue our shifts". He turned to speak to the small group leaving to speak t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter