Sooyoung and Yoona

Melting Ice [DISCONTINUED]

Sooyeon fidgeted on the hard bench in a park. Soojung was still goo-goo-gaa-gaa-ing as few butterflies passed her. Though the two were looking calm as ever, they didn’t feel it like that. Or maybe it was just Sooyeon whe felt that.

Right now, she was in a park, waiting for Teto who wanted to meet a Nobleman to sell the five golds.

She was actually distressed, after finding out she somehow travelled five hundred years to the future, and to find Teto was as calm as ever. She expected to have a stressed out Teto when she told her she was a Dragon Slayer, as Dragon Slayer magic was a very old magic. Dragons had nearly extinct at the beginning of the Great Battle, five hundred years ago, and now she encountered a girl, who no older than ten, and obviously clueless about history, who was a dragon slayer? Sooyeon felt slightly proud of Teto when Teto calmly smiled and asked her to go with her to a Nobleman on the city.

“She was supposed to be freak out, right Soojung-ah?” Soojung tilted her head in confusion, and Sooyeon sighed. Why on earth she asked opinion from the one year old baby? Soojung barely spoke words aside of pul (fool), imbecile and goo-gaa, though her telepathy communication with her older sister was something admirable.

Almost an hour she waited on the park in front of the Nobleman’s workplace. Children weren’t allowed to enter the building, as it was filled with many valuable things. Sooyeon snorted when she recalled the time the security glared at Teto just because she brought Sooyeon there. “As if I would break things,” she scoffed. “The only thing I willing to break is your ribs and your face!”

“HULLO!”

“AAHH!”

Soojung skilfully rolled on the grass after Sooyeon fell back in shock. The person who startled them whistled, admiring Soojung’s reflex.

“What a cool kid you have there, mate!” She said and offered her hand to the fallen Sooyeon. Her company laughed and carefully picked up Soojung who didn’t mind a bit.

“Soojung didn’t cry…” Sooyeon gaped and stood with the tall girl’s help. “Who are you two? Are you Slayers? Or magical creatures in disguise? Soojung never cries with both…”

The tall girl grinned. “We are mages, of course. But not Slayers. Are you a Chimera*? You speak like an old woman…”

Sooyeon narrowed her eyes to the tall girl. She felt familiar, somehow. “That’s rude!” She hissed, and took Soojung from the doe eyed girl.

“Well you speak in strange way,” the tall girl shrugged. “Like my great grandma. She reached 660 years old today. That oldie never dies, really.”

The doe eyed girl facepalmed. “Because she’s a Chimera, Sooyoung. Chimera lives nearly a millennia! And pay respect to your great grandma!” She scolded with disapproving glare.

“Oh shut up, Yoona!”

The two then bickered, leaving Sooyeon confused and curious as hell.

Didn’t Teto said she’s a Chimera? But Teto… Didn’t have that dialect, though**.

“Uh… Sooyoung-sshi?” Sooyoung, the tall girl snapped her head to Sooyeon quickly, feeling a bit strange at the old and formal honorific, that only used on West, not East.

“Yeah?”

“By any chance, is your mother is a woman on her thirty with Kasane Teto as name?” Sooyeon hoped she was right. If not, well, Sooyeon was an easily embarrassed person. Not to mention she was very young also.

Sooyoung scratched her nape. “Well my mom is 75 on her Chimera age, which means she’s 37… Her name is Moon Sohee… But yeah, her Chimera name is Kasane Teto. How’d you know?”

“Let’s just say I time travelled and found her as my saviour.” Sooyeon flatly said. And ended in another province, she added in mind.

“Cool.” Yoona grinned, not a single surprise visible on her face, unlike Sooyoung, who looked very surprised and about to faint. But Sooyeon was sure, she saw a brief look of sceptical look on the two’s eyes, although it was very brief.

They covered their scepticism by looking playful.

The doe eyed girl then looked at Soojung who looked at her with her big round eyes curiously. “She’s your sister, isn’t she? How come she looks like me?” She asked, a bit shyly.

“So that’s why she doesn’t cry…” Sooyeon muttered quietly. “Oh, can you after this take me to places? I basically your mother’s saviour too.”

Sooyoung scoffed. “We’re underage to do that and you can’t be my mother’s saviour unless… UNLESS… DID YOU BUY OUR FARM?!” Sooyeon winced at her voice. For the nth time, even when she was still new to dragon senses, she loathed sensitive hearing and smelling.

“And saved it from your evil uncle? Why yes.” She coolly replied.

“HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO LIVE THEN?!” Again, Jessica flinched.

“Relax, I’m a time traveller,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “I lived five hundred years ago. I don’t need something like farm as my home. You can live there as long as you live. Oh and can I meet your living ancestor?”

“Why?”

“No reason,” Sooyeon stated flatly. “I just feel I have to.”

“Huh.” Sooyoung then sat on the bench, patting the vacant seat beside her so Yoona would sit. Apparently the doe eyed mage was too shy to make any move. Sooyeon wondered why.

“But first we have to introduce ourselves first!” Sooyoung exclaimed and got up immediately, facing Sooyeon who sat beside Yoona. Sooyoung reached her hand. “I’m Choi Sooyoung. People call me shikshin—“

“Your mother did call you heavy eater.” Sooyeon cut off, unintentionally.

“—shut up. Will be six years old in two weeks—“

“You look older than me.”

“—will you please. I’m a normal human despite my mom is a Chimera. I’m a Star Mage like my father. Oh and I like Sunny.” She finished, her eyes sparkling as before.

Sooyeon turned to Yoona in confusion. “Why did she has to add ‘I like Sunny’ part?” she asked as she let go of Sooyoung’s hand.

“Because she wants Sunny for herself.” Yoona flatly said, ignoring continuous shouts of protest on her right ear. But when Sooyoung became annoying, Yoona glared at her whilst yelling, “Will you cut it off?!”

“I’m being rude, am I?” Yoona smiled to the dragon slayer, reaching her hand to offer handshake. “I’m Im Yoona. Same as her, shikshin. Copycat mage, means I could copy limitless magic, though short period of time.”

“Hmp. Show off.” Yoona glared at Sooyoung, who immediately shut up.

“I’m a bit younger than Sooyoung-unnie but we’re both born on 1990. Oh and I’m a Venusian descendant.” Sooyeon nodded slowly at the introduction, and chuckled when Sooyoung once again screamed “SHOW OFF” to Yoona’s face.

“That explains why you are very beautiful,” she said casually. Yoona blushed, not expecting any compliment coming from the dragon slayer.

“Hold there! We are underage and we haven’t properly introduced yet!”

Sooyeon had to roll her eyes due to Sooyoung’s childish antics. But well, they barely reached six and basically children themselves. “Very well,” She grumbled and shifted her seat so her body could face the two. “My name is Sooyeon Jung. I’m from Western part of Han’ei’s Main Land, and from there I gained Jessica as name. My parents, however, are from Eastern Han’ei. I was born on 1489, and I’m seven when I fell ‘asleep’ or time travelled. Technically I’m way older than you two combined.”

“OLD HA—“ Yoona had to hit Sooyoung square on her face with her elbow before the older shikshin was able to complete her sentence. “Continue,” Yoona said casually after Sooyeon paused to ask if Sooyoung was okay.

Apparently it was a hard hit.

(A/N: But not as painful as Seohyun’s elbow. Gihi)

“I’m a Dragon Slayer, but I won’t tell you my element. From now on, please refer me as Jessica.” Jessica finished it with a smile. The two nodded slowly, trying to process the new information to their mind.

“Wait, dragon slayer?” Sooyoung repeated. Jessica stared at her, then nodded her head, confused as the two began exchanging glance with look of disbelief.

“Um, what’s wrong with that?” She inquired, confused as she felt the two didn’t look sceptical like before. They exchanged glance again, and began murmuring about who should tell her. After a couple of fierce hushed arguing and ignoring Jessica’s inquire, Sooyoung decided to enlighten the so-called dragon slayer and  time traveller.

“Well,” she started off, it was visible she was struggling for words. “How do I say this? I think I remember an old article about one hundred sixty seven years ago that dragon slayer… who survived the Great Battle are driven out of Eastern Han’ei by King Jaebum.” Jessica gasped, but let Sooyoung to continue. “He said, from his close adviser, there was a huge threat for the dragon slayers called dragon hunters.”

Jessica nodded her head slowly, and now it was Yoona’s turn to explain the further details, as Sooyoung wasn’t a vivid explainer, as Yoona apologized in advance. “Dragon hunters are mages taught by an unknown people, designed to slay dragon slayers and dragons.”

“A newtype?” Jessica asked the classification. Newtype magic was a magic created originally by Scientist, after the 14th century. She asked solely because she never heard about it before.

“Newtype 19, but not a prototype anymore.” Yoona justified. Jessica nodded, impressed by the new magic development. Usually newtype magic took two centuries to become a ‘real magic’. “Interesting,” Yoona took that as a cue for further details. “So at late 1829, ALL of the dragon slayers were escorted to Mainland, after having a mass murdering on East Eastern Han’ei Province. But during the , a group of dragon hunters ambushed them and killed everyone, including all of the crew in sight.”

It took full five minutes to make the images of the horrifying tragedy to stop popping out on her mind.

 

“How about your sis? Surely you’ll introduce her to us.”

“Haha of course. She’s Krystal Jung, but she likes her original name, Soojung, better. Six years younger than me but still older than you both. She’s a dragon slayer, despite her age. She acquired the power by blood.”

Then Sooyoung and Yoona continued to talk about the recent development of Han’ei, being the two were such a pair of adventure seeker. Jessica listened to them with interest, and took a mental note to visit a place called ‘mall’ later when she’s older.

“…Oh and on a mountain… Ah! I forgot its name, but I’m sure it’s around Southwest. My grandma lives there, oh and there’s a large jade crystal! It formed like two kids, and despite that it sat on an old tree, the branch never breaks!” Sooyong enthused.

“Many elders said they are forest elves. Sentenced to crystalize themselves because they attacked innocent human…” Yoona said quietly. “No one know the real story though. They know it as legends. Scientists told us it’s from around 15th century.”

“Around my age then,” Jessica smiled gently. In instant the memories of playing with Taeyeon and Hyoyeon came to her. “Would you like to take me there, sometime?”

The two exchanged glance, shared a grin, and smiled to her. “You’re lucky!” Sooyoung chirped. “In two days we’ll be visiting my grandma!”


Review!

And sorry for the late update:)