04 youth

saviors

My brother was visiting home when I got there and immediately picked up on my bad vibes. He had been my closest friend, my deepest confidante for my entire life.

Thankfully, he was smart enough not to reveal my y mood to my snooty nosey mother and simply beamed once I walked in the door and ran over to smother me in a bigass hug. "My dear tiny Minah, it is I, your handsome older brother returned from the war."

"Go back." I muttered, desperately squirming in an attempt to liberate myself.

He leaned down to whisper in my ear. "We will talk about your feelings as soon as we can get rid of Mom."

I groaned mentally. I hadn't seen the guy in months, but he was still so damn attuned to my emotions. And he wanted to talk about it. Ladies, he is single and good looking, as we share the same genes.

"Mom," he whipped around, releasing me as quickly as I had been captured by that giant. "Can you go and buy some deokkbeokki? I am feeling like enjoying some traditional Korean food tonight."

"On what planet is deokkbeokki considered 'traditional'?" my mom groaned, rubbing her forehead. I suddenly pitied her, as she had to suddenly deal with my dramatic brother and me, in a y state after having broken the bond of friendship between me and my only friend.

"Mom, please." my irritating, yet wonderful brother pleaded. "I just got back from school and am soooo hungry and it's also Minah's favorite too... pleaaaase?"

"Ugh, you annoying brat, fine." that poor unfortunate soul consented, trudging towards the door where her car keys hung on a hook. "But in this traffic, it'll be at least half an hour. I hope your deokkbeokki is cold."

Ah, my mother. So very much an adult. So very much me in spirit.

The second her car pulled out of the driveway, my brother pulled me to sit beside him. "Spill the tea, ."


My brother hummed, after I finished my tale. "So pretty much, you and your boyfriend are having a fight?"

"For the thousandth time, you fool, Jongin is not my boyfriend. My soul is reserved for Taemin of SHINee, alright?" I puffed out my cheeks. If you're an only child, you may not know this, but older brothers - maybe brothers in general, I'm not sure as I only have an older one - are really pestlike.

He shrugged, waving his hand carelessly. "Whatever, whatever. Your boyfriend, your best friend, same difference. Either way, you and this Jongin guy are having a lover's spat?"

Ignoring the wording, I nodded. "Pretty much yeah."

"Well, dump him. You don't need his weak , you have a strong older brother like me to protect you from boys-"

I punched him in the side. "Knock it off."

He laughed, punching me back. "Minah, seriously. If this guy is bothering you, I bet I'm taller than him. I bet I could kick his . Is this guy even athletic?"

"He dances." I replied, dryly.

My brother, the that he is, cackled. "Even better! Minah, I'll get him for you, really, I will."

"Please don't. His thighs are built like rocks." I groaned. Any help that I thought my brother was going to be, he certainly was not. "And shouldn't you give better advice than threatening violence?"

"My nickname in high school was sister complex, Minah, of course not." he simply laughed louder. I rolled my eyes. This kid was seriously no help.

"You helped me out absolutely 0%." I informed him, jabbing him in the side with two fingers. He choked and I grinned. "But, your pain put me in a good mood. Thanks."

"Hey, I also technically am getting you deokkbeokki so that should be some sort of cred for me." he pointed out, cradling his side where I had hit him.

"Whatever, you punk."


Council, in the realm of the twelve children, one of them has became sloppy with his powers. A human girl suspects him. He will be exposed soon for what he is and what he can do.

They have already fought, Council, an argument that is. He will destroy her with his rage. The humans will face destruction. Already, Council, the humans fear what they cannot understand.

Council, they will reconcile. Peace. A lack of understanding and a lack of trust can be overcome with the admittance of the truth. The humans can be forgiven and can atone for their sins. The child and the girl will be the first example of peace among differing creatures.

The boy is weak, Council, he will strike and kill the girl, only attracting more attention to his abilities. The humans will destroy him. And the others will see the death of an unnatural being and become afraid. And fear breeds hatred.

Do not fret. Peace will be restored for this realm yet. The girl... she holds hope.