P R O L O G U E

The Not So Perfect Guide to Highschool Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two boys panted, out of breath due to the anger and frustrations pent up inside. They stared at each other wordlessly, waiting for either one of them to break the thickening tension. It was unlike Chan to be so upset, angry and quiet - oh the things that only Vernon could do to him.

Vernon cautiously took a step forward, he couldn't explain what he was feeling. His mind was going crazy, all he wants to do was to hug the younger boy and apologise repeatedly. Taking in Chan's appearance, Vernon felt a pang of guilt hit him - Chan, for once, looks vulnerable, scared and lost. Chan, who usually looked as if he was ready to bounce off all the walls and spread rainbows across the world, looked so broken.

"Chan, I-"

"I don't want to hear it, hyung." Chan casted his gaze on the ground. "I'll just go since my presence is too much for you."

Chan hurriedly grabbed his bag and rushed out, forcing himself to contain the tears that was going to burst out any moment. He felt like a fool to even think that he could try to ease his way into Vernon's heart. He felt even more so thinking that he could have meant something to Vernon, even if he was just a mere acquaintance.

"Wait, Chan!" Vernon jogged after the younger boy, just in time to capture his arm before he exited through the door. "Look, that's not what I meant."

Chan felt like dying at that moment - not because of how hurt he was, but mainly because he was still such a fool for Vernon an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter