Finally

Finally

The sun rose, letting its rays enter Kyungsoo’s bedroom through his window. With the brightness and warm feeling he opened his eyes. He lifted his hand up to his face trying to cover the blinding view. His slender fingers failed to protect his pale, milky face from the rays so he groaned as he rolled all the way to the end of his bed. Reaching the end, he managed to lift himself up to a sitting position and let his legs dangle off his bed. “Well, time to go to school” he said to himself as he got up.

As Kyungsoo made his way to the bathroom, his hand ruffled his silky, dark hair. He stopped in front of the mirror staring at his own reflection. Kyungsoo wasn’t the handsome type of guy but there was something about his looks that seemed interesting. His skin was pale and flawless. His eyes were big and round almost in a puppy looking way with thick eyebrows. His head was topped with messy, short, black hair. As his eyes dropped down his face observing everything about his face on the reflection he stopped at his plump lips. They were dry. Kyungsoo’s hand reached over to a basket he kept next to the sink and pulled out a lip balm. He applied it onto his lips and smiled widely.

After fifteen minutes, he got out of the shower, made his way to his night stand and grabbed his phone. His thumb glided across his phone’s screen to unlock it and revealed the time. The screen showed 7:55 a.m. His eyes grew bigger than what they actually were. “I’m going to be late,” he said sounding a little surprised as he dropped his phone on his bed. His feet rushed to his closet and he grabbed his uniform. He quickly dressed himself up. OO High School’s uniform consisted of a white shirt with a navy blue collar topped with a yellow jacket. Kyungsoo didn’t like the color combination but he had gotten used to it. He buttoned up his jacket, threw his backpack over his left shoulder and rushed out his house.

Usually, he’d walk at his own pace but this morning he ran all the way to school since he was never late and didn’t want to today. He stopped at the front gate. He placed his hands on his thighs, lowering his body to try to catch his breath. He jumped at a light slap on his back followed by a “Hey Kyungsoo!” He turned to the side just to find a smiling Chanyeol with his famous smile printed across his face.

Chanyeol was known at school for being a dork. He was a little taller than Kyungsoo. Wait, who am I lying to? He was noticeably a lot taller than him or maybe Kyungsoo was just shorter than Chanyeol and most of his classmates. They had been best friends since kindergarten. What connected these two was that Kyungsoo had matured over time but Chanyeol stayed a kid, a six feet tall kid and he’d never fail to make Kyungsoo smile whenever he was feeling down.

“Why are you breathing like that?” Chanyeol asked worried

“B-because I just ran here from my house. I’m glad I made it on time,” Kyungsoo managed to reply within breaths

“Um, you know…you’re actually early by like an hour or so,” Chanyeol laughed covering his mouth from Kyungsoo’s view. 

As soon as Chanyeol finished, his hand reached into his pants’ pocket and took out his phone to check the time. His phone read 8:00 a.m. which was fifteen minutes before school started. He turned his phone over to show Chanyeol, so close to his face it reached his nose. Chanyeol looked puzzled. He reached into his pocket and took out his phone. His long, slender finger glided over the screen and the time said 7:05 a.m. then turned his over to show Kyungsoo. He didn’t believe he was this early to school and why was did his phone have the wrong time.

Kyungsoo looked around and spotted someone with their phone out. The guy was standing just a few feet away from where Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were. His back was turned so Kyungsoo had no idea who the guy was. All he could really see was his hair. He had longish, dark brown hair. “It looks soft,“ he thought to himself.

Once he reached the guy, he lightly tapped on his shoulder to grab his attention. The guy turned around making Kyungsoo’s jaw drop. The guy was no other than Jongin. He had been Kyungsoo’s crush since fourth grade.

In Kyungsoo’s head it seemed like Jongin turned his head in slow motion revealing his tanned skin. Jongin smiled as he turned around then when he saw it was Kyungsoo his smiled disappeared and he just looked straight into his dark round eyes, shocked. “Crap,” Kyungsoo mumbled between his lips

“What was that?” Jongin asked furrowing his eyebrows

“Oh, nothing really. I just wanted to ask you something,” Kyungsoo nervously explained

“What’s that something about?” Jongin immediately asked him sounding excited

“I just wanted to know if…”Kyungsoo started

“If…” Jongin repeated after him almost sounding if he was expecting to hear something

“…if you could tell me the time.” Kyungsoo continued

“Huh!? The time?” Exclaimed Jongin and Kyungsoo nodded

He looked at the time on this phone and said, “7:10.”

Kyungsoo said thank you and turned around quickly and lowered his head trying to cover his blushing face.

“You know, it’s still early. What are you doing?” Jongin asked as Kyungsoo turned around

“Who? Me? Nothing just got confused with the time,” Kyungsoo spoke as fast as he could with his back towards Jongin.

Jongin smiled and walked around Kyungsoo and stood in front of him. Kyungsoo’s eyes were looking at the ground but they got blocked with a pair of shoes. He slowly looked up and saw a smiling Jongin staring back at him. He nervously dropped his head down to the ground once more.

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that Jongin was standing right in front of him. He has never been this close to him. He would always admire him from afar.

Jongin lowered his head down to Kyungsoo’s level and asked, “Then would you mind coming with me for a moment?”

Without getting a response from the shorter male Jongin grabbed his hand and led him to a tree away from the rest of the students. Jongin’s touch felt calming in a protective way which made his face even redder than what it was before. He let go of his hand, turned to face him and grabbed his shoulders. Head still shyly hung down.

Jongin spoke, “Kyungsoo, I brought you here because…” he looked down at Kyungsoo.

Jongin’s hands went form the shorter’s shoulders to cupping his face. His hands felt warm against Kyungsoo’s skin. They slowly lifted Kyungsoo’s face and Kyungsoo opened his eyes. He found Jongin looking at him with warm, kind eyes. “…because…”

Jongin continued but stopped once again. He couldn’t seem to find the right words to describe how he felt about Kyungsoo. He had always liked him ever since he had transferred schools. Kyungsoo was the student who was given the task of showing Jongin around campus. The entire tour around the school, Jongin couldn’t keep his eyes off of the kid. It was love at first sight. He had tried confessing to him before but things never worked out or he couldn’t find the words like today.

“I don’t want to ruin this so I’ll just show you,” Jongin said before pressing his lips against Kyungsoo’s.

Kyungsoo froze. “What!? What is this?”

Kyungsoo thought to himself. He was confused. Never in his life had he thought his all-time crush would confess to him. He let his feelings speak for themselves and relaxed his shoulders and slowly closed his eyes.

They parted and opened their eyes at the same time. “I’m sorry,” Jongin apologized about what he had just done.

“It’s okay. Now I know you feel the same way I do,” Kyungsoo said as his head found Jongin’s chest.

Jongin hugged him resting his head on the shorter’s head, “Finally” they both whispered at the same time.

The next day they arrived to school hand in hand. People were taking on the side as they looked at Kyungsoo and Jongin smiling to each other.

“Whoa there! When did this happen?” Chanyeol rushed to the smiling couple.

“Mind your own business,” Jongin teasingly said while messing up Chanyeol’s hair then kissed Kyugnsoo’s head.

“Fine! I’ll just take him away from you,” Chanyeol replied grabbing Kyungsoo’s arm

“Not going to happen. Why don’t you focus on your little dirty secret?” Jongin teasingly said pointing to a group of students

“Ah, right. Wait! How do you-Kyungsoo! You’re going to pay for this” Chanyeol ran over to Baekhyun.