In my Eyes as per Jungkook

In Between Worlds

Yoongi proposed earlier that week that the whole gang should hit the Han River for a short excursion. And so that Saturday late afternoon heading to the evening they left for the the outing. As they weren't so keen on getting all burnt up, they thougt that evenings are the best time to roam around.

Jimin was fooling around with Taehyung, each of them acting out a certain parody.

T: I know that you are a highschool graduate, and you probably know what this means. So hurry up and sign your thumbprint-

J: Are you going to splash water on me?

T: (acting out drinking water) A..ani...

J: Let me see. Omo, your scale is smaller than I thought. Or is this a monthly payment?

T: (feigning annoyance) Are you kidding me? Are you saying that what I'm paying you is not enough? You have messed with me; I'm a very sensitive person! You are a beggar to the bone, but don't you have pride to hide that? If you need more money, just get lost! Or ask for more and then get lost!

(Jimin runs out of scene)

Hoseok, who was watching this the whole time, laughed while clapping his hands. Yoongi just smirked at the whole scene.

"Waaaaawww, I could watch that parody over a thousand times and still laugh!" Hoseok commented while drying the tears off his eyes.

"I know, right? Jimin beamed, his eyes smiling like the afternoon sun.

And it was in this scenario that Jungkook had accidentally captured Jimin's image: The sun was at Jimin's back, the stray sun rays glimpsed through his hair strands that were swayed by the afternoon breeze. His body was twisted a few degrees from the center of his body, so it looked like his head leaned over to the left side.

Whoa, beautiful! Jungkook thought. And he didn't realize that while his heart was beating wildly, he was in a daze while ogling  at Jimin.

Taehyung, meanwhile, stood in front of a gawking Jungkook, passing a hand over his friend's face.

"He is dead," Taehyung muttered to himself as he pinched Jungkook's nose.

A scream reverberated the air. Namjoon and Jin, who were originally looking at girls longingly, turned their heads toward Jungkook's direction.

"WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?" Jungkook screamed as he nursed his nose, tears stinging his eyes.

Taehyung mischievously smiled while his eyes showed malice in them. "You were taken by Jiminie, weren't you?"

The heat that formed in the maknae's stomach rose up to his cheeks until they turned red.

"I wasn't!" Jungkook hotly contested as he stomped away and started taking pictures of a girl and her Shiba Inu.

"Oh, I bet you were," Taehyung smiled again as Jimin approached him.

"What about me? I heard my name mentioned somewhere around here."

Jimin's friend laughed. "Oh, it's nothing. It'll be interesting to note, though, that someone was actually taken by your handsomeness."

And Taehyung skipped over to play with a teenager who looked at him like he was crazy.

***

Jungkook kept eying Namjoon to see that his hyung wasn't interested in something he might be doing. Smiling to himself as he inserted his SD card into the adaptor of his laptop, Jungkook stealthily browsed through the pictures he had captured earlier. 

He stopped at Jimin's picture. Tracing the lad's face and lips made the maknae's heart skip a beat again. He didn't know why he suddenly felt that way to Jimin, though he found his hyung annoying.

A sudden flashback of waves..

Jungkook, startled, darted his eyes back to Namjoon, who suddenly looked at him, quite puzzled.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" Namjoon asked.

"A...ani..."

"Well, you about gave me a heart attack there, Jungkook-ah. But you looked rather pale. Are you all right?"

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and blinked his eyes. "Yeah. I... I'm fine, hyung."

What was that about? The maknae asked himself, perplexed.

***

Jimin raised his eyebrows as he looked at Taehyung looking at him with a knowing smirk.

"What are you doing, Taehyungie?"

Taehyung inched closer and smiled even more, his eyes narrowing in a teasing mock. 

"Someone's taken by you, Jiminie!!!!"

Jimin's mouth opened, quite confused. "Someone liked me? Who? Jungkookie?"

But Taehyung just scrunched his nose as he gave a teasing look.

"I won't tell~~~~."

"Please tell me it's Jungkook-"

A hand reaching out to him, asking for help...

"Jiminie, gwaenchanha?" Both Hoseok and Taehyung suddenly asked when Jimin spaced out after a few seconds.

Jimin then widened his eyes, looked to his roommates, and shook his head.

"I...I don't know...I..."

What was that about?