//1

Tomorrow I'll love you again

Tomorrow – I’ll love you again

The rain drizzled on the front porch of the Do family’s house. Once a cheery red roof in the sunshine now looks a bloodshot red under grey clouds. A drenched lanky figure stood before the front door, hands about to reach out to knock the door but pulled back at the last moment. Reach out, pull back, reach out, pull back. The rain continued, and so did he. Up in the confines of his room, a boy was burrowed underneath a heap of blankets, watching the lanky figure from his window with wide eyes. Tears seem never-ending, as he keeps chanting, “No, no, no, no, no …”

He was saying no, but his heart was saying otherwise.

Why is my heart so stupid?

The next day, as Kyungsoo got ready to go to school, he found an unconscious lanky boy lying at his doorstep. Signing to himself, he muttered “What am I supposed to do with you, Chanyeol-ah”

He ended up missing classes that day as he dragged Chanyeol up to his room and took care of him as he was currently running a fever. Looking at Chanyeol’s lashes  fluttering every now and then, his smiling lips that is turned to a frown, his weathered face coated in sweat, twitching eyebrows and nose.

Why did I fall for him? The answer is so obvious, because Kyungsoo loves Chanyeol. Threading his fingers through Chanyeol’s hair, he smiled.

Evening rays illuminated the room in a warm glow as Chanyeol’s eyes opened lazily before taking in his surroundings, smiling as he recognizes the black room, he shifted his gaze to the sleeping boy seated at the side of the bed, his neck at an awkward angle. Silly boy, why didn’t he just lay down next to me? Chanyeol thought for a moment, before he remembered the reason why he stood in the rain at his doorstep yesterday. A pang of guilt penetrated his heart and Chanyeol whispered, “Kyungsoo, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you can only be my constant.” Leaving the words hanging in the air, Chanyeol got up and moved around the room with ease as he has been here many times before.

Little did he know that Kyungsoo had already woken up and heard his words. Letting a single tear fall, his heart wrenched in pain as he whispered back, “I don’t want to be your constant. I want to be your only. Can’t I?”

After lying in bed for a while more, enjoying this peaceful moment like the calm before the storm, he finally got out and walked down. At the kitchen, he could hear voices and guessed that it was his mom and Chanyeol. He signed as he knew an act was about to ensue.

“Hi mom.”

“Oh, hi son. Look at how sweet your boyfriend is, helping me out in the kitchen although when he is here, the cookies are rapidly disappearing.” Kyungsoo looked fondly at the scene of his mother and Chanyeol chuckling together. Sidling up to Chanyeol, Kyungsoo smiled as he replied, “I guess Chanyeol has to get going mom. Later I’ll be back to help after seeing him out.”

Chanyeol wanted to question Kyungsoo’s words but before he could do so, he was pulled by his arm. “W—hat? H-eyy! I’m no—t bus—y! Wa—it “ Before he knew it he was being dragged to the door as the hand on his arm was replaced by cold air coming in through the open door.

“Go Chanyeol.  This is not the first time. First, it’s with Kris. Then Baekhyun. I thought you would stop there when you promised me that time would be the last time. But then you had to go and have it with Jongin. Am I not enough? Am I really that lacking that you had to find others to fill your needs? I can’t do this anymore Chanyeol, even love has its limit. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, shame on us. Please, please, return my heart to me. Don’t be so greedy. My heart is battered, but it still lies in your hands. Bye Chanyeol. I don’t wish for it to come to this, but this is goodbye.” Tears steadily stream down Kyungsoo’s face as he reached up to pull Chanyeol down for their last kiss. It was so sweet, yet so bitter. Like their love.

Chanyeol knew he was wrong. But he could not help it. He could not resist the thrill. And he could not return Kyungsoo’s heart as he did not have the heart to(haha bcos his heart is with Kyungsoo) But if there was one last thing he could still, it was to leave.  And so he left.

Bye Kyungsoo, I guess this is really goodbye. I’m sorry. Maybe tomorrow I’ll love you again.

Looking at Chanyeol’s retreating back, Kyungsoo whispered, “For all that you have done, I still love you, and when tomorrow comes, I’ll love you again.”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol tis is like the longest fic of mine,haha i still haven pass the 1000 word count yet but working towards it yeahhhhh