One Fine Day

One Fine Day

You jumped out of the car after getting a great parking spot. You stood there, staring at the scenery before you of the beautiful, sparkling, blue ocean. Finally, the beach day you've been looking forward to for the past few months has come. You quickly grabbed your bag and other things and headed onto the sand to find a good spot to lay out. After walking around a good ten minutes, you found a spot that pleased you with its visually pleasing aesthetics, as if you were staring at a photo someone took. 

You laid out your towel, set up your beach umbrella, and sat down. You shrugged and sighed with a feeling of contentness. Today was just turning out to be an even better day than you anticipated. You lathered on a healthy amount of sunscreen all over your body, removed your cover-up, and laid down, pulling out the book you brought with you.

After reading five long chapters, you decided it was time to go for a cool-down in the water. The summer sun was blazing at full heat during the peak of the afternoon. You stood up and brushed off some of the sand that blew onto you by the gentle breeze, courtesy of the ocean itself. After examining your bikini to make sure all the straps were tied tightly and the bottoms were doing their duty to show off your toned lower half, you briskly walked to the water. 

Upon reaching the edge of the shore, you breathed in the salty smell and let out a breath of pure joy, smiling. You looked around to see you were mostly alone besides the few families with their young children playing a little bit away from where you were standing. Glad that you wouldn't be bothered by anyone, you took a few steps and winced a little as the cold water touched your feet. Slowly, you inched your way further and further into the cold yet soothing water and finally dunked your head under the water.

You came up for air and moved your wet hair out of your face. You started to swim around while the waves gently rocked you here and there. The waves started playfully with you as if gently splashing water at your face. You body-surfed a couple of waves and kept going back for more. You reminisced about how much you missed the beach. 

Just then, a bigger wave was starting to form. You noticed it and decided you wanted to body-surf this one last wave, as if it were your final triumph, before retiring back to your book. You swam deeper in and followed the curve of the forming wave. It was slowly starting to curl and you were moving along with, feeling as if you were flying. However, the wave was bigger than you interpreted, and the crash slammed you hard against the sand. Winded, you could only lay there, not aware of the big wave following the one you were riding. The wave crashed over you and you got caught up in it, feeling the impact as if someone threw you on the ground. 

The water was suffocating you as it enveloped you and brought you in with the tide. The waves seemed to be creating a net over you, making you unable to escape its underwater trap. "This is it," you thought, "this is where I drown and die. Such a lame way to die really..." 

At that moment, a body appeared and you felt yourself being lifted up. The moment you reached the surface, you started gasping for air, for you now truly appreciated what breathing meant. You were guided out of the water and as you tried to walk towards your things, you passed out from lack of oxygen.

You woke up on your towel moments later only to see a person hovering over you. Your eyes adjusted on the figure above only to make out the shape of a boy. Not just some boy, but an extremely handsome and kind looking boy. You stared at the face of this handsome boy with all of his handsome features, only to become embarrased when you locked eyes and he smiled. 

You quickly sat up and cleared your throat. "Uhm, hi uhh...can I help you?" you timidly asked. Still smiling, the boy replied, "You were drowning earlier from the riptide the waves created and then you passed out when I brought you out of the water. I carried you over here figuring these were your things and have been watching over you to make sure you're okay. Are you okay?"

A little flustered that the boy just said he saved your life, carried you to safety, and has been watching over you, you mustered out, "O-oh! Thank y-you...um I'm sorry if I troubled you. I didn't mean to...drown...?" Mentally facepalming at what you said, the boy chuckled softly at your flushed face and embarrased words. 

"Well, I'm glad you're okay. My name is Cha Eunwoo. It's nice to meet you," he gently replied. A small smile creeping on your face, you replied, "Thank you. My name is _______. It's nice to meet you too. Thank you again for saving my life..." Eunwoo smiled brightly and said, "Anytime," to which flutters appeared in your stomach.

Trying to keep conversation with this attractive new boy who just saved your life, you asked, "So what brings you to the beach today?" He made a small shrug and said, "Just a feeling. I wasn't planning on it but for some reason, I suddenly got the urge to come today. That was a good choice considering I was able to meet you."

Blinking dumbly at his last sentence, you replied, "O-oh I see! W-well I'm glad I was able to meet you too! Otherwise, I would probably be dead by now ahahaha..." Eunwoo only smiled and chuckled while you were very obviously flustered with a blush hinting at your cheeks. Clearing your throat, you continued, "I've been waiting for this day for months now, to come to the beach and just relax. It's all I could think about for the past few days."

Looking at you space out with a blissful smile on your lips, Eunwoo couldn't help but think to himself "Today is a great day." He quickly scanned you and noticed you were wearing just your bikini and he thought that it really suited you. "She's so pretty and cute. How did I get so lucky to meet her?"

You and Eunwoo talked for a while, and as the sun went down, he invited you to get dinner with him. You smiled and accepted because you were really interested in him, and he was really interested in you.

After putting your things away in your car, you walked to a nearby restaurant that wasn't seafood, because one of the topics brought up was how cruel it seemed to eat seafood next to the sea. It was a small diner that had a cozy atmosphere as you both walked in. You both ordered your food and continued your conversations, smiling, laughing and eating the food once it came out. 

There was a feeling of bliss that you had never felt before, and you thought that the reason must be because of the beautiful human being sitting in front of you. He was smiling and laughing at all your dumb jokes to which he replied with more dumb jokes that made you smile and laugh. You were both very taken by each other even though you only met that day. 

After you both finished eating, you offered to give him a ride home since he took the bus here to the beach. At first, he politely declined, but you insisted which made him accept. The drive home was just as pleasant as the moments sitting on the sand and eating dinner together at the diner. You both had many common interests and had a plethora of topics to talk about. Even when there was a lull, it was a comfortable one that suggested refreshment to start anew.

As you dropped him off, you walked him up to his door, mostly because you just wanted to stay around him and continue talking to him. When he was putting his key into the door, you slightly pouted because you didn't want him to go. He noticed and thought of just how cute you were at that moment, and that he wouldn't mind seeing you pout like that again as long as it meant you didn't want to see him go. He also didn't want to go, so he suggested you exchange numbers.

After doing so, you both stood awkwardly in silence since neither of you wanted to leave. As you turned to him to try and say something, he gently cupped your face with his hands and gave you a kiss. It was short, but definitely sweet and sent you on cloud nine. All you could do was blink dumbly and after you realized what happened, your face started burning as the heat rose to your cheeks and a rosy blush appeared. Flustered, you hurriedly said goodnight and drove home.

Eunwoo could only smile after his triumph, trying to ignore the millions of butterflies in his stomach, as his roommates greeted him once he walked inside.

As soon as you got home, you went straight to shower and laid in your bed. After thinking about all the events that happened, all you could was smile and think "This was one fine day."