Where are you now?

Faded
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hiiii!
Before you start, this is the song I listened to while writing this. This isn't the original but I LOVE this cover.
I love how he really looked like he was screaming out his feelings.
I don't know how to explain it but yeah, hahaha.
Anyways, hope you enjoy! :D


--------------------------------------------

“Annyeong, Kim Hanbin! It’s about time you’re up, you’ve been asleep for a long time now, you know? It’s boring sitting here watching you sleep,” the girl sat on her bed as she observed the boy, Kim Hanbin, who was now finally waking up from his coma, “these past few days, it’s like, you’re conscious cause your eyes would open but you’re also unconscious cause you would never respond.”

“W-Where am I?” his arm slowly rose to cover his eyes from the shine of the sunlight shooting through the window. The girl stood up, grabbed her IV stand, and walked towards the window, closing the blinds and blocking out the sun for the boy, “thought you’d ask, you’re in the hospital. I didn’t ask but it was something about a car hit you or something like that. I’m Hayi, Lee Hayi. My room was the only empty one that’s why you’re here with me,” she went back to sit on her bed.

“How long-“

“About a month? I don’t know, I stopped counting since you wouldn’t wake up. But now that you’re up, we can chat!”

“Ugh, you sure talk a lot,” he mumbled and rubbed his eyes, before the nurses came in and did a check up on him. His parents also came in with the nurse.

“Your therapy session will be at 4 later this evening, if you need anything, just give us a ring,” the nurse left the room after explaining Hanbin’s situation to him. Being in a coma for a month long, Hanbin now has to stay a few more weeks for therapy for his body to fully recover. To everyone's surprise though, he didn't have as much damage to him as expected although the accident caused him to be in a coma for a whole month; all he came out with was a fractured leg. “Hanbin-ah, me and your father has to go back to work, I’m sorry we can’t stay but I promise we’ll come here as soon as possible if anything happens, okay?” his mother and father kissed his head before heading out also.

“They didn’t come here that much while you were in a coma for a whole month, you sure they’re your parents?” Hayi stared at Hanbin’s parents as they leave, “they didn’t seem to care as much,” she mumbles under her breath.

“How does this work again?” Hanbin stared at the buttons on the side of his bed rail, changing the subject for he didn’t want to talk about his bad relationship with his parents.

“Ah! Up arrow is to make your bed sit up and down arrow is to make your bed in a sleeping position,” she then pointed to all the buttons and explained each one. “Since you’re going to be here for a few more weeks, let’s be friends,” she gave him a big smile. And then her smile faded, her eyes landing on his legs. “Are you feeling okay though?”

“What do you mean?” he turned to look at her, oblivious of the reason to her question.

“I mean, a lot of people would panic after waking up from their coma and finding a big cast on their leg but you’re so,” she paused a bit and turned her attention back to him instead of his leg, “you’re so calm.”

Hanbin let out a sigh and shrug, “I’ll live, I mean, it’s not like me panicking will fix it. Why are you here?” Hanbin asked, finally getting his bed into position as he turns his head towards Hayi. “Same too, I got into a car accident, and since I’ve woke up, I’ve been stuck here ever since cause my parents never came for me. It’s been a month, never once did they come for me. Yah, if it’s one thing I can advise you on, it’s-“

“Don’t trust adults,” Hanbin finished her sentence and smiled.

“How?” she looked at him, surprised that they had the same thing in mind.

“Honestly, me and my parents don’t have a good relationship. I’ve learned not to trust or rely on them much. I guess you must not have a good relationship with your parents too.”

“Wahh, we must have a decent amount of things in common,” Hayi’s eyes shined in excitement, “what else is there about you?”

And then slowly, they began to bond; sharing the things they love, sharing the things they hate, sharing all the things they have done, and sharing all the things they want to do. Although they shared opposite opinions on some things, they still got along just fine. Sharing laughter together, the hours that were supposed to be long and dreading turned into short but memorable moments. After chatting for a long while, it was finally time for Hanbin’s therapy session. And while Hanbin was away for therapy,

Please log in to read the full chapter