Gasoline

Gasoline

Lee Hongbin, an heir to Lee Global Trade, was found in front of a storm drain, passed out. A bottle of expensive, celebratory champagne was found beside him. The contents are presumed to have been poured out.

Lee Jaehwan, the primary heir, gave no answer as to why his brother behaved this way. He only arrived to take his brother home.

Stock values have fallen slightly for LGT. Most holds are waiting to see if the younger son can turn his life around before selling.



 

“What were you thinking?!” Jaehwan screams, looking at Hongbin. Hongbin swirls a glass of whiskey around, watching Jaehwan pace in from of their living room television.

“It was our anniversary,” Hongbin mutters, voice quiet. He takes a drink, rubbing the outside of the glass with his thumb after. The burn does nothing, he is much too numb.

“Which one this time?! The time he made you brownies? Or the time you his for the first time?” Jaehwan snaps, as Hongbin looks up at him.

“The day he first kissed me. Our one hundred day,” he whispers, sighing after. Jaehwan looks down at him, frowning deeply.

“You did that?” He asks, crossing his arms. “Of course, you did. You always do childish things.”

Hongbin grips his glass, slamming it down on the table. Shards scatter across the wood, as Hongbin curls his hand into a fist. He is numb to the pain, as his hand bleeds over the glass.

“He loved it when I remembered,” he whispers, opening his hand. Loose pieces fall onto the table.

“ing hell,” Jaehwan curses, looking at the glass. “You are a child. If you weren't the heir to the inventor half of the company, you would be so ed.”

“I don't want it. You keep me hired. I'd rather work on my own projects,” Hongbin explains, standing up slowly.

Project. You can't make him come back, Hongbin,” Jaehwan says, walking around to him. He grabs Hongbin's shoulders, shaking him. “Hakyeon is dead. Get that through your head.”

“I'm going to my workshop,” Hongbin whispers, pushing off Jaehwan's shoulders.

“Fix your hand,” Jaehwan mutters, as Hongbin walks away from him.



 

“Ravi! How's the coloring coming along?” Hongbin asks, sitting down in front of a deck full of computers.

“Seventy percent done. My scans show that you've been injured.”

“That's good. Good progress. How's my code look?”

“Sir. I suggest you fix your hand,” Ravi speaks, his audio floating through the speakers around the room.

“Fine,” Hongbin mutters, walking over to grab a small first aid kit. He returns, sitting down again. “Now, my code?”

“No faults are detected,” Ravi answers, as Hongbin opens up the container.

“Damn skin. Open the blueprints to model N,” Hongbin says, grabbing teasers, and pulling out the glass. He wraps the wound, ignoring the bleeding and the glass on the deck.

A humanoid shape appears before him. Hongbin smiles weakly, turning it around with a small touch. “Is the memory chip ready?”

“Everything you requested has been imputed,” Ravi answers. Hongbin nods once, zooming into the face on his blueprint. He smiles at the face before him.

“Soon, my love. Soon, you'll be back to me,” Hongbin whispers, stepping away. “I plan to upgrade my own things today. Prepare the machine.”

“Yes sir,” Ravi speaks, fading with a small burst of static. Hongbin sighs, closing the kit. He stands, walking over to a small platform. He pulls off his white dress shirt, letting it drop to the floor.

Hongbin lays down, the cold seeping into his skin. He closes his eyes, smiling weakly. “I'm almost there. I almost have him again.”



 

Hongbin opens his eyes. The smell of bitter coffee hits him, as he sits him.

“Good morning sleepyhead. You fell asleep in your workshop again.”

Hongbin smiles instantly and brightly. “I'm sorry, Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon smiles back, brighter than his white pajamas. He holds out a mug to Hongbin, who takes it easily.

“I'm sure you'll make it up to me,” Hakyeon suggests, winking after. Hongbin laughs, leaning forward to kiss his lips.

“I will. I love you too much to do something to lose you,” he whispers, drinking from his mug. Hakyeon nods, scooting closer to Hongbin. He nuzzles into Hongbin's bare chest, drinking from his own mug after.

“I love you too,” Hakyeon whispers.

One of Hongbin's hands comes up and plays with Hakyeon's hair. He smiles contently, feeling his love for Hakyeon seep into him. He nuzzles against Hakyeon's head, inhaling his strawberry scent. He places a soft kiss on Hakyeon's crown.

“I don't want to ever leave here,” Hongbin speaks, sipping his coffee after.

“Why’s that?” Hakyeon asks, tilting his head back to look up at him. Hongbin moves down, kissing him at the odd angle.

“Because you're here. I love to be where you are,” Hongbin explains. Hakyeon laughs, turning around to face him, attempting to not spill coffee over the white sheets. He straddles Hongbin's hips, pushing his hand to the wall between the windows of their bedroom.

Sunlight covers Hakyeon, making him brighter than before. Hongbin smiles, thinking he looks like the angel he is. Hakyeon moves down, kissing at Hongbin's lips. He pulls back, fixing his hair. Hongbin takes his mug, setting it on a side table. He pulls Hakyeon back to him, wrapping his arms around him. He kisses Hakyeon's lips, closing his eyes, gently parting the sweet lips with his tongue.

Hakyeon's tongue darts out, brushing against Hongbin's own. Hongbin smiles, pulling on Hakyeon's tongue. He reaches up, grabbing Hakyeon's hair, pulling him closer. Hakyeon gasps, before Hongbin pushes his own into Hakyeon's mouth. His tongue flicks, as he at Hakyeon's lips.

Hakyeon pulls back, panting slightly. Hongbin opens his eyes, panting just as heavily. They lock eyes, and a smile creeps onto Hakyeon's face.

“I wish I didn't have to work,” Hakyeon whispers, as his smile drops.

“Then don't. I can provide for both of us,” Hongbin whispers, grabbing Hakyeon's hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

“I know you can. But I'd go mad staying home all day,” Hakyeon says, kissing Hongbin's cheek. Hakyeon stands from the bed, sunlight still covering him. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” Hongbin whispers, watching Hakyeon walk to the doorway. Hakyeon looks back, smiling at him, as his body fades to dust, blowing away in the windless room.



 

Hongbin awakens to find the mechanical arm above him raising up. He sits up, before crying out. Tears leak out from his eyes. He clutches onto his chest, releasing loud sounds.

“Sir?” Ravi’s voice calls out. Hongbin sniffles, pulling his legs up.

“What is the paint at?” He asks, voice cracking and small.

“Ninety percent sir. Would you like me to summon your brother?” Ravi asks, as Hongbin’s tears roll down.

“Upload the coding into the machine. Tell me when everything is completed,” Hongbin whispers, gasping out for air after.

“Sir, your lungs were altered today. Please refrain from intense breathing until your body adjusts,” Ravi voices, before sparking out. Hongbin attempts to breathe slowly, a dull whirl reaching his ears. He gulps, before falling back again. He runs his fingers through his hair, finding it slick with sweat.

“Ravi, tell me that this will be worth it,” Hongbin says, closing his eyes only to see Hakyeon's smiling face.



 

Hongbin stands in the corner of a gala. His latest design is to be put on the market within a week's time. He swirls a small glass of champagne around in his hand. Jaehwan spoke with the staff, and he's allowed one alcoholic drink tonight.

“Are you hiding, too?”

Hongbin looks up at the soft voice. He sips from his drink, forcing a smile.

“Hello Mr. Jung. Your metals worked excellent for my plans,” Hongbin speaks, straightening his back.

“I've told you that it's Taekwoon,” he replies, drinking from his own glass.

“I know,” Hongbin whispers, drinking from his own again. Taekwoon nods once, before moving closer.

“I have something new,” he says, stopping in front of Hongbin. His tailored suit fits tightly over his muscles. Hongbin scoffs, rolling his eyes.

“I pay in cash, not ual favors,” he snaps, as Taekwoon shrugs.

“Your loss. Now, it's a rare material. Banned in most places,” Taekwoon explains, smiling at him. He pulls out his earring, handing it over to Hongbin. “It's great for circuitry.”

Hongbin looks down at it. He rubs the silver metal, and nods once.

“Thank you, but know I can't be bought either,” he explains, as Taekwoon turns.

“You've said. Doesn't stop me from trying. Have fun,” Taekwoon speaks, before joining the masses again.

Hongbin slips the earring into his pocket. He finishes his drink in one shot. He looks at Jaehwan, scoffing at the blond in a suit on his arm. He sets his glass down on a table, before leaving the gala’s main room. He pulls out his phone, rubbing at the image of Hakyeon on the screen. He sighs, before leaving the building completely to return back home.



 

Hongbin's jacket lays over a chair. He stands in front of a computer screen. He rolls the earring in his hands, before stepping away from the screen. He steps around a table, as the percentage increases on the screen. He steps forward, exhaling deeply.

He walks to the machine in front of him. Cords extend out from the back and arms. Hongbin smiles weakly, before grabbing the left ear. He pushes the earring in, before cupping the cheek.

“Soon,” Hongbin whispers, rubbing the smooth skin. He kisses the forehead, adjusting the stark white pants. He rubs the hips, before sliding his hands up back to the cheek.

The eyes shoot open, glowing bright blue. The computer dings off behind Hongbin. Hongbin chokes on a gasp, before pulling him closer. Tears start to slide down his face, before he hugs onto the body.

“It worked. Hakyeon, it worked,” he whispers, nuzzling in closer. “Ravi! Remotely upload the memories.”

“Of course sir,” Ravi speaks. Hongbin pulls back, looking at the eyes. Dark blue slips in, slowly filling up. Hongbin smiles, starting to pull out the cords. He closes the rich skin, before sliding a matching white shirt on over Hakyeon.

“You're beautiful,” Hongbin whispers, smiling brightly. Hakyeon blinks once, the dark blue fading away, leaving the lighter blue.

“Hongbin?”

He looks up, smiling wider at the soft familiar voice.

“Yeah?”

“I died,” Hakyeon speaks, as Hongbin helps him down. Hongbin cups Hakyeon's cheek, rubbing back and forth.

“I know, and I brought you back,” he speaks, pulling Hakyeon closer. He slumps his head down onto Hakyeon's. “I just needed you so much.”

“Hongbin,” Hakyeon whispers, as Hongbin's thumb travels under his lips.

“I need you now. I'll deal with the rest later,” Hongbin speaks, before moving down to kiss Hakyeon. Hakyeon kisses back, grabbing onto Hongbin's shoulders. He whimpers, pulling back. “What?”

“Something in my forearm,” Hakyeon says, holding it out. Hongbin grabs onto it, pushing the sleeve up, frowning in concern. He pushes on two spots in the elbow, and the arm slides out. Hongbin kisses Hakyeon's cheek, before walking to a work table.

He sets the arm down, before slowly opening it up. Hakyeon walks to him, wrapping his one arm around him. He nuzzles into Hongbin's back, and Hongbin smiles instantly.

“It's good to have you back, Hakyeon.”

“I know.”



 

Hongbin opens his eyes. He finds Hakyeon laying beside him. He cups his cheek, rubbing it. He curls in closer, nuzzling Hakyeon's head.

Hakyeon flickers his eyes open, the bright blue shining with the sunlight. “What are you doing?”

“Loving you,” Hongbin answers. Hakyeon smiles weakly, curling into Hongbin's bare chest, closing his eyes. Hongbin plays with Hakyeon's hair, smiling at him.

“I suppose I have to stay in the house,” Hakyeon whispers, frowning slightly.

“I'm sorry, but yes,” Hongbin whispers back, as Hakyeon sighs weakly.

“That's unfortunate,” Hakyeon whispers, as a door slams open. Hongbin looks up, gently pushing Hakyeon down.

“Jaehwan?”

“What is that?” Jaehwan asks, stepping closer. Hongbin sits up, pushing Hakyeon behind him. “Hongbin. Tell me.”

Hakyeon nuzzles into Hongbin's back, “it's okay.”

Hongbin moves to the side, grabbing Hakyeon's hand. He looks up at Jaehwan, watching the shock appear on his face. He rubs Hakyeon's hand, as Jaehwan tilts his head.

“Hongbin,” Jaehwan starts, surprisingly calm. “What is that?”

“My project,” Hongbin answers, as stepping out of his bed.

“This isn't good,” Jaehwan says, rubbing his head. “Why would you do this?”

“Because I love him,” Hongbin answers, walking over to him.

“You need to grieve, and allow yourself to get over him,” Jaehwan counters, groaning after. “Look, do you have plans which aren't him?”

“A few. Why?” Hongbin asks, crossing his arms.

“Meeting in an hour. Get ready. Leave that,” Jaehwan answers, turning away. Hongbin curls his hands into fists, growling slightly. Hakyeon grabs onto one of Hongbin's fists, gently uncurling his hand to grab it.

“He doesn't understand,” Hakyeon whispers, pulling him down. Hongbin sighs, sitting back on his bed.

“I know. I know,” he speaks, kissing Hakyeon's lips. “I'll be back.”

“Good,” Hakyeon whispers, kissing him back.



 

Hongbin opens his front door. It falls off its hinges. He runs inside, finding his living room a mess of broken glass and splintered wood.

“Hakyeon?” He calls out, stepping slowly into the room.

“H-Hongb-bin?” Hakyeon calls out from a different room. Hongbin sprints, following the voice. He wanders into their kitchen, only to find Hakyeon on the floor. His face is clawed out revealing the intricate metalwork underneath. He looks up, as his neck ticks.

“H-Help?” Hakyeon speaks weakly. Hongbin moves closer to him, gently pressing the side of his forehead.

“I'm going to shut you down and fix you,” Hongbin whispers, leaning forward to kiss Hakyeon's good cheek. Hakyeon's blue eyes dull, and Hongbin scoops his arms under Hakyeon. He picks him up, before carrying him down to his workshop.

“Ravi, bring out spare parts, and contact Jaehwan and tell him that my house was broken into,” Hongbin says, laying Hongbin down on his table.

“Of course, sir,” Ravi answers, as Hongbin starts disassembling Hakyeon's face.

“Bring up the security feed,” Hongbin speaks, as he walks over to grab spare parts of previous designs. He pulls off the shredded metal and slips in the replacement parts.

“Sir. It appears that the feed was jammed,” Ravi informs, as Hongbin looks up. The panels show static, and Hongbin frowns.

“Rewind them until there is something shown,” Hongbin commands, returning to fix Hakyeon's face. He slides the different cover over the work, hiding it from the world.

“It appears to be when you returned from your gala night, sir,” Ravi speaks, as Hongbin looks down at Hakyeon. He pushes the ears forward.

“Are they live now?” Hongbin asks, pulling down a cord, and plugging it into Hakyeon's neck.

“Yes sir,” Ravi replies, and Hongbin sighs.

“It was the earring. Taekwoon gave it to me,” Hongbin says, watching Hakyeon's eyes flicker open. Hakyeon sits up slowly, before nuzzling into Hongbin's chest.

“My old friend. Before I had you. Taekwoon,” Hakyeon whispers, as Hongbin wraps his arms around him.

“I know. Your earring was from him,” Hongbin whispers back, rubbing Hakyeon slowly.

“No. He was the one who came here,” Hakyeon explains, looking up at him. Hongbin curls his hands into a fist, pulling away from Hakyeon.

“What?” Hongbin gasps, looking down at him. Hakyeon nods once, and Hongbin grabs onto Hakyeon's arms. “This isn't going to go well.”



 

Hongbin sits on his bed. His hands are interlaced with Hakyeon's. They kiss lazily, before there is a knock at the door. Hongbin looks up, scowling instantly.

“Hongbin, you know my connection at the police who I called?” Jaehwan speaks, pulling off his tie.

“What about your lover?” Hongbin asks, as Hakyeon nuzzles into Hongbin's nape.

Jaehwan blushes, before coughing. “Look. He reached out. Something about a small piece of illegal metal. Just be safe.”

“I will,” Hongbin says, looking back at Hakyeon.

“Can I talk to you alone Hongbin?” Jaehwan asks, leaving the room. Hongbin sighs, and walks out to him. Jaehwan lays his tie around his neck.

“What do you want?”

“I think you should disassemble him.”

“What?”

“This doesn't feel safe. Taekwoon attacked him, so he claims,” Jaehwan says, as there is a knock at the door. “I'll get it. Get him down.”

“Fine,” Hongbin speaks, as Jaehwan turns on his heel. The door opens by Jaehwan's hand, and three suits stand in front of the door. Hongbin’s eyes widen, and he takes off to the bedroom. Hakyeon looks up at him, as Hongbin grabs his hand.

“We need to move,” Hongbin speaks, yanking him up.

“Why?” Hakyeon asks, looking up at him. The door opens, revealing the suits.

“Grab them.”

Hongbin pulls Hakyeon closer, attempting to protect him. They run, one detaining Hakyeon and another Hongbin. The leader pulls out a small box, rubbing the long needle. Hongbin struggles, as the needle is stabbed into Hakyeon's neck. Hakyeon's eyes flash a darker blue.

“Taekwoon was right. Illegal metals and circuitry,” the leader says. Hongbin growls at the mention of Taekwoon's name. He pushes his detainer off, his own eyes shining blue, his own coding triggering. The needle is pulled out by the time Hongbin shoves off the other two. He punches them, dazing them enough to grab Hakyeon.

He runs down to his workshop, dragging Hakyeon behind him. “Ravi! Shut it down! Engage disassembly protocols!”

“Are you sure about this, sir?” Ravi asks, as he pulls Hakyeon to his table.

“I'm sure. Send work designs in progress to Jaehwan. I'll miss you, Ravi,” Hongbin confirms, laying down with Hakyeon.

“I'll miss you too sir,” Ravi replies, as an arm descends over the pair.

“Hongbin?”

“Yeah?”

“I'm scared.”

Hongbin grabs onto Hakyeon's hand, pulling it toward him. His dark blue eyes lock onto Hakyeon's bright blue ones.

“I love you. I just wish not of this would have happened,” Hongbin whispers, moving forward to kiss Hakyeon's lips. Hakyeon smiles, lacing his fingers with Hongbin's.

“I love you, too.”



 

Jaehwan watches the equipment from Hongbin’s workshop be removed by the suits. A hand rests on his shoulder, and he turns weakly.

“Hey Sanghyuk,” he greets, as a red heart is pulled out.

“Hey Jaehwan. How are you feeling?” He whispers, pulling Jaehwan closer.

“I don't know. Hongbin is gone forever. I know who did it, and he'll be praised. Hongbin just wanted to be happy,” Jaehwan says, blinking away tears. Sanghyuk plays with his hair. Jaehwan nuzzles into his chest, before looking across the room.

Taekwoon leans against a wall, smirking at the work being down. Jaehwan curls his hands into fists on Sanghyuk's chest.

“I want him to pay,” he whispers. Sanghyuk smiles weakly.

“I know, but make a plan first. You can't just go in blind,” he suggests, as Jaehwan looks up at Sanghyuk.

“One day, I'll get him?”

“One day, you will.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I should be working on updates and such. I swear I am but I have this here too. I hope you like it. The song hits home for me. The video edit helped a lot. Support that channel. Until the next~ (-<) <3 ^_^