Chapter 3 — Mind-truck!

Opposites Attract 2 — Mind-Truck!

 

The two panicked. Once they would get caught, it’s chaos for everyone.

Himchan looked up with his natural puppy eyes and Sungjong looked away, deciding to go. The older was surprised when he saw it was his sister.

“I knew I would find you here.” She said, her eyes drifting to Sungjong. She was curious at whom he was but she ignored it.

Himchan cleared his throat and raised his brow, “What is it?”

Jinah handed him his phone, “Yongguk called. He said it was urgent and wouldn’t stop bugging me to get you so… here. Go talk to him and lose your habit of forgetting your phone!” she scolded and Himchan took off without a word.

Jinah turned her gaze at Sungjong and her curiosity meter went up by the minute. She sighed, “Yah.” She called impolitely, not caring if he was older or what not. But let’s be truthful, Jinah’s not an idiot.

Sungjong shook his head and was going to fly off when Jinah got a hold of his collar, “I know who you are.” She said.

The boy’s eyes widened and he continued to panic, “A-Arasso. T-Then what else are you doing here?” he tried acting tough but he still won’t face her.

“Look at me.” Jinah sighed.

Sungjong cleared his throat and looked at her, “Tell everyone then! Go tell that idiot Yongguk and his idiotic bullies.” He said, finally with courage. But inside, he was still panicking. ‘WHAT HAVE I DONE?!’ he yelled to himself, since he did call the bullies idiots.

Jinah rolled her eyes as her inside laughed at his name call, ‘HAHAHAHA! I agree with that.’ But outside, she stayed calm, “Look. I know you and Himchan are secret friends and it’s been since the day we became neighbors. And when Himchan became a freshman, which would mean you wouldn’t have to see him in the same middle school, you still didn’t stop being friends. So when he turned into a bully and you attended High school with him, why would you still stop being friends with him?”

See? She’s not an idiot. Once a smarticle, always a smarticle.

Sungjong sighed, agreeing with what she said, “Right. Wow, you are smart.” He said, smiling.

Jinah rolled her eyes, “Seems like I wasted my saliva on you.” She walked away.

Sungjong blinked, “No you didn’t! I heard what you said perfectly!” he yelled out to her. He then grunted when she continued walking as if she didn’t hear him at all, “Stubborn.”

--

Jinah was out to the streets as she was going towards the market. Little did she know that Sungjong was going in too. As she was browsing in the cereal section and was reaching for the Lucky Charms, someone’s hands got over her. She scoffed and slid her hand away, glaring at the person. She was surprised when it was Sungjong.

“What are you doing here?”

Sungjong drifted his look away, “Umma wanted me to buy some groceries.”

Jinah looked away as well. It was the same for her. Both their mothers wanted them to buy some groceries. But that was clearly natural for their mothers to do.

The girl quickly took the cereal box and walked away to another section. Sungjong watched her from the corners of his eyes only to end them up with rolling them.

After finishing, they met up in the same cashier line. The two were completely annoyed and decided to split up. Jinah came to number 3 while Sungjong was in 9. They thought that would stop there? Nope. Once they were out, they met just outside the market.

Jinah grunted, he certainly wasn’t following her but… why is faith being like this? “Stop following me.” She stated

Sungjong groaned back, “Huh. Smarty pants do have secrets.” He said back, implying that Jinah’s intentions were wrong.

Jinah walked away to the other side while Sungjong turned to his left, which was the opposite way. But he figured it would be the longest way back to his house since Jinah took the other way, which was where their residences were. But who was she to make him do things anyway? Who cares about this chase? Sungjong would want to get out of it in no time so he went to where she was walking.

Jinah saw him in the corner of her eyes and scoffed, “Yah!”

“This is where my house is located as well, you know.”

Jinah sighed and decided to ignore it. Only she was so annoyed so she continued walking to the road first.

Sungjong watched as his eyes grew bigger. The lights were still green and it was certainly dangerous for her to already cross! Suddenly there was a long beep.

Sungjong turned his head to left and gasped. There was a truck and Jinah stopped in the middle of the road. “KIM JINAH!” he yelled, running over to push her out of the way but it was too late.

CRASH!