Epilogue

72 Hours

Doojoon was all suited up because it was a special day.

Today was the day his exhibit formally opens to the public.

"Mr. Yoon, you are known to be a great influencer in the field of Finance so everyone was surprised when you announced the opening of this exhibit, what made you want to open this to the public?" A reporter asked.

"Because someone once told me that I can do it if I wanted to. I owe her all of this actually."

“Mr.Yoon, we would like to know why the title of this exhibit is 72 Hours?”

“When I met my wife for the first time, we ended up spending 72 hours together. These photos were all taken during that time, the best 72 hours of my life.” He smiled.

 

He was greeting his guests when someone special caught his eye. He went over and gave the special lady a hug.

“I’ve been waiting for you, Eomoni.” The old lady resembled Nana a lot.

“She would have been so happy to see this, Doojoon.” She had tears in her eyes.

“I know, it’s a shame she couldn’t be here with us.” He held her hand tight.

“She knew this was going to happen, that’s why she left me this.” She handed him a piece of paper.

 

My dearest Doojoon,

If you’re reading this, then you must have opened an exhibit but I’m probably not there anymore. I want you to know that I am very proud of you and I’m sure the photos look amazing. My love, I hope you are doing well even if I am not there. I never told you this before but I think I was meant to meet you because I was sick. I couldn’t leave because I have yet to love this way before. Thank you for being that person to me. Thank you for not listening to me. For loving me, even when I told you not to. For marrying me, even if I couldn’t walk down the aisle. And for completing the life I thought I was ready to leave behind. I love you, Doojoon. I’ll always love you, in this life and the next.

 

Love,

Your Jinah

 

Doojoon had tears rolling down his cheek. “I love you, Jinah. In this life and the next.”

 


Author's corner:

I revisited my abandoned fics and found one that was DoojoonxNana and decided to make a one-shot out of it instead. This kept me from writing my current fic The King's Choice haha Sorry about that, but I hope you enjoy this one.