Safe in my arms

Completely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]"...It's safe right here in my arms."[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

New city, new house, new school...the same old things. Due to Mingyu’s parents occupations, they moved around a lot and for that very reason, Mingyu always kept to himself because what was the point of creating bonds when they were bound to break?

 

It’s an unfamiliar city when Mingyu looks out the passing scenery from the window of the car. The skyscrapers seem as if heaven was not far from reach and the ocean breeze unfolds a new world, as if this city would bring many changes. For an unbeknownst reason, Mingyu feels like this is a new beginning to the chapter of his life.

 

The neighborhood they’ve moved into isn’t too bad. The neighbors were quite welcoming, offering to help with the packages and even presenting warm gifts as well as snacks and desserts. His mother was delighted, receiving it with much care and his father, too, was already absorbed in a conversation with the middle aged men who came over for greetings. Meanwhile, Mingyu kept busy with unloading the huge boxes and placing them on the asphalt.

 

“Would you like some help?”

 

It’s a soft voice, endearing and sweet. When Mingyu turns around, he’s almost taken back. He hadn’t been sure if this person was a male or female at first but after a second glance, he’s assured. The boy looks around his age and when he comes a little closer, Mingyu notices the height difference between the two of them.

 

“My name is Jeonghan, I live in the house across from yours.”

 

Mingyu had never seen someone so pure. Jeonghan’s doe eyes are like stars when he smiles. Time seems to stand still and the world suddenly stops spinning when their eyes are locked. Like a scene from a movie, Mingyu doesn’t utter a coherent word, he merely stands before Jeonghan and gazes at him as if he were the beauty of a flower. On the other hand, Jeonghan is just staring at Mingyu with a baffled expression, his blonde locks being by the wind.

 

“So...what’s your name?” Jeonghan asks hesitantly. For a moment, he had thought the taller boy was angry.

 

“Mingyu.”

 

It’s a one word response, something Jeonghan is used to. Jeonghan quickly nods and picks up a box, hurrying inside the house without another word which caused Mingyu to become puzzled but Mingyu does not probe further because the kiss marks on Jeonghan’s skin were evident.

 

The following morning is Mingyu’s first day at his new school. The principal had welcomed him with a bright smile, assigning him with another student, Hong Jisoo, a cheerful boy who resembled a kitten, as a guidance. Jisoo never stops talking on the way to class but Mingyu didn’t seem to mind, he’d rather others talk so he didn’t have to. As soon as they arrive in the room, everyone is silenced as Mingyu makes an appearance. It’s really not unusual, Mingyu is a quiet person but he didn’t know the influence he had on others. The male and female students were completely awestruck, some filled with envy and some filled with admiration.

 

“Please briefly introduce yourself.” The teacher, an old man in glasses who smiled warmly, gently placed hands on Mingyu’s shoulder and brought him to the front of class. Everyone’s eyes are glued on him when he turns his back, taking the marker from his teacher’s hand to write his own name on the board. As he introduces himself, his classmates are paying close attention and when he finishes, they clap and whistle loudly as if he were making some kind of political speech. Even as he walks through the narrow aisle to get to his seat, they are gazing at him with desperate eyes that beg for his regards.

 

Mingyu hates when people make a big fuss, he dislikes crowds and noises, that’s why he was satisfied that the seat beside him was empty. The teacher, who Mingyu learns is Mr. Lee, begins class with a boring lecture. Everyone has their textbooks out and they take turns reading aloud while taking notes from time to time. Mingyu has not acquired any textbook materials yet so it gives him a reason to doze off. He’s got one side of his earphone on, and music lightly plays in his left ear as he rests on his arms, staring at the distant scenery behind white curtains where cherry blossoms fall in slow motion. What a dull city, after all.

 

A creaking sound gathers everyone’s attention, and to Mingyu’s surprise, Jeonghan makes a late  appearance, the classroom door slowly opens to reveal the beautiful male who is no longer smiling the honest smile from yesterday. Mingyu could not fathom, rather than a school uniform, Jeonghan wore his gym clothes to class and his long hair was damp yet it was not raining outside.

 

“Sorry for being late.” Jeonghan mumbles, his eyes downcast and Mr. Lee understandingly asks him to take a seat. It appears the seat besides Mingyu was not vacant, he just hadn’t noticed the nasty writings on the desk. Jeonghan looks at Mingyu in shock then progresses to erasing the ugly handwriting. . . Easy . Mingyu turns away and ignores the pretty boy’s actions. It’s none of his business, Mingyu isn’t the type to probe in other people’s issues, it’s too troublesome.

 

Jeonghan digs in his school bag in an intense manner but in the end, he doesn’t take anything out. Mingyu is really an easy going type of guy and he doesn’t want to get involved, especially with someone who had a boyfriend, it’s obvious because Jeonghan’s milky neck was covered with purple love bites but it was clear someone had stolen Jeonghan’s textbooks although Mingyu hadn't intend to peek. Mr. Lee is also a douchebag for allowing that idiot student whose nametag read Park Jimin pick on Jeonghan to read next. Mingyu could see how hesitant Jeonghan became, he frantically looked around but surely, no one gave a damn. It’s plain to see, they were all mocking the beautiful male. Mingyu wondered what Jeonghan had done to piss them all off, yet, he couldn’t hold back either.

 

“Can I read?” Mingyu suddenly interjects, stirring confusion within the giggling students who grew silent all at once. Everyone’s eyes are just on him for a moment, no one speaks nor does anyone move.

 

“O-Of course.” Jimin replies after a short pause, lending his own book to Mingyu who never spares Jeonghan a look.

 

The entire time, Jeonghan is erasing the markings on his desk as the strands of his hair drips and drops while Mingyu pretends to scribble notes when in actuality, he was stealing glances at the pretty male. As the bell rings, Mingyu moves at a sluggish pace yet in comparison, Jeonghan gathered his things fastly and hurried out the door without a single look back.

 

Around lunchtime, there’s an annoying flock of people who follow Mingyu around, urging him to sit at their table so when he sees Jisoo, he grasps the smaller boy and takes him to an unoccupied table so those fools would stop calling out for him. Jisoo only laughs when he realizes the meaning behind Mingyu’s abrupt actions.

 

“It’s your first day, how can you be this popular already?.” Jisoo remarks as he pulls a chair and sets down his tray of food. Mingyu smugs but he doesn’t say anything in return.

 

Soon, a couple of boys join their table and Jisoo introduces the male students as his friends. There’s Boo Seungkwan, a noisy boy who talks at a high volume and another, Lee Seokmin who is about as noisy, a class clown or in other words, a jokester who’s got a smile as radiant as sun rays. The both of them have that love and hate relationship, making fun of each other and continuously arguing but it’s obvious they had a crush on each other. Then there was Kwon Soonyoung, the passionate dance club leader and his cousin, Lee chan who is like his doppleganger. It’s obvious they cared for each other a lot, especially since Chan mimics everything Soonyoung does, even now, they are indulging the exact plate of food.

 

The group of boys have a non stop conversation while munching on their food while Mingyu examines the vast area, half listening and half nodding towards Seungkwan’s questions. He ponders where Jeonghan had disappeared to? Was he not eating lunch with everyone else?--Mingyu suddenly breaks his thoughts, why is he thinking about Jeonghan?

 

“Hey…”

 

Everyone is silenced by Mingyu’s voice and they all give him the contact he asks for.

 

“Jeonghan...why are people picking on him?”

 

Mingyu is simply curious. He tells himself that excuse over and over again, even when Jisoo and the rest of them are gaping at him.

 

“Oh.” Jisoo begins, he’s smiling tenderly like usual. “People seem to have different opinions about Jeonghan.”

 

Mingyu concludes how kind Jisoo is, he tries his best not to badmouth Jeonghan in any way. Apparently, Jeonghan had been sleeping around. Rumours say he’s slept with half of the boys at this school and some of them had girlfriends or boyfriends so Jeonghan ended up being called a ‘homewrecker.’ It started with some girls gossiping behind his back, locking him up in the girls bathroom and pouring buckets of water over his head. It was cruel, Jisoo mentioned, because Jeonghan was kept in the girls bathroom, no one was ever able to find him. Then, there were the boys who claimed Jeonghan was a ‘’ and began to steal and hide his things. They would call him names and write nasty things about him. Sometimes, they’d even bring their boyfriends around and taunt Jeonghan about his ‘bed techniques.’

 

“The things people do to him are really mean.” Seungkwan adds, picking up a piece of fried chicken with his chopsticks. “But you know, he shouldn’t have slept with people who have boyfriends or girlfriends. I mean, I know he’s pretty and he can score any boy he wants but--”

 

“Seungkwan.” Jisoo interjects, frowning at his friend. “He might not have known.”

 

Mingyu doesn’t know why he wanted to punch Seungkwan if Jisoo hadn’t stopped his blabbering. Fortunately, another boy approaches their table and Mingyu can actually keep his mind away from his own thoughts running wild about Jeonghan. It turns out this very person is Jisoo’s boyfriend, Choi Seungcheol, captain of the basketball team who have already won several trophies. Seungcheol seems like a good guy, when he arrives, he takes the seat besides Jisoo and grasps his small hand immediately. Jisoo has the brightest smile when Seungcheol leans over to smooch his cheek.

 

Mingyu doesn’t run into Jeonghan since. His classes pass by slowly and he reacts to everything in a sluggish manner, giving simple replies to Seungkwan who shares physical education class with him. Soonyoung who is also in the same class, is calling out for Mingyu as he runs around the soccer field as if he were on fire but Mingyu simply waves back at him. This is his last class so when the bell rings and the students are excused, Mingyu is quick to change back into his uniform so he can leave. His intention was to leave, to go home, eat a snack and maybe take a nap but on the way, a strange sight comes to view. It’s Jeonghan--locking lips with some male student whose back looks oddly familiar.

 

There’s a huge cherry blossom tree in front of Mingyu and since it’d be awkward to interrupt, he stays behind, concealing himself and watches the scene. Mingyu was not the person meant to discover this...it’s Jeonghan embracing Seungcheol who attacks his neck with kis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter