Byung Poong

Fruitless Love

Someone's POV:

     'Because what's worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?' I don't know but every thing about this quote makes me want to cry. It's been almost 7 heart-rending years since I started to have this ill-fated love to this girl. It all started when I'm always behind her literally....when I became her so-called 'byung-poong'. At first honestly I just sticked with her in order for me to have enough screen time. But I think that's the biggest mistake I have ever done in my whole freakin' life.

     One day I just woke up and found myself searching for those contagious laugh, captivating eye-smile, and the way her skin brushes to mine. Of course at first I kept on denying it.... I promise..I tried to overcome and just let this inconsiderate feelings mix with the polluted air but I can't. I've acknowledge that I, Park Hyomin, already completely fallen for the cute but sometimes annoying midget. I did almost everything to express my feelings for her I sang it, I say it and even did skinships. I don't know if she was playing dumb or she really doesn't seem to get it or worst she was infected by the infamous 'blank virus' that can make cats bark /lol/. Whenever I confessed to her she just laughed her head off that I'm afraid she became crazy. She reacted as if I just told her a very funny joke that can make a statue laugh, that it might be written in the Guiness Book of World Record. That's the thing...JOKE.. she thought it was all a goddamn joke ...if only she knew. Sure I love her laugh but that's not the thing I wanted to hear from her if only she knew.

     When she left the show my whole world crumbled into pieces. I just wanted to quit the show but I knew it's a selfish thing to do. So I tried my best to act normal but the thing is ...I wanted to hug her tight and tape her with me with a packing tape. I don't want her to leave...she's the reason why I somehow managed to survive and worst she was the reason I'm breathing. I knew it sounded weird and impossible but I wanted to think that even for the first time I can be the reason for her not to leave. But I knew it was a dumb idea.Maybe for others it was only a friendly letter but I knew and I hope she also knew that in every word there's something deeper. I did try my best to act as if everything is alright and I used all of the things I learned from her. And somehow I was able to managed. During our Japan episode I was really in cloud 9. Our skin brushed against each other, intertwined our fingers, hugged each other, rested our heads in each others shoulder and even slept together for real. My feels started to kill me and told me that maybe there was still a chance maybe because there was a time whom she was the one to initiate. But.....NO...I knew she just thought of me as her IY mate, her 'byung-poong', her dongsaeng and her bestfriend.....B-E-S-T-F-R-I-E-N-D. Probably after a year and months, Invincible Youth 2 was born. Sunny was the only original member of IY 1 who's able to took a role in the said variety show. In one episode I became a guest together with one of my co-IY member. Again I was so damn happy knowing that I would again be a part of the show that maked me from nothing to something atleast for a short time. However, we all knew the reason....I would see her again. Sure we saw each other sometimes in other shows or music banks but it's not the same. Upon I saw her I ran towards her and hugged her. She was so damn cute at that time with her short blonde hair. She looked like a cute little boy that you would want to snatch and put into your pocket. But reality striked me...I'm just her 'byung-poong'. As I reminisced all of those things I can't help but smile, a bitter one.To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. Honestly I know it's my fault if I didn't stick with her and become her byung poong maybe I won't fall for her. But I realize that's pretty lame because even if I didn't become her folding screen I will still fall for her without a doubt. She's an amazing and confidently beautiful person with a heart. I don'y get it why self-conceited people keeps on bashing her. She's near perfection but why people can't see it? are they blind? are they freakin jealous? She don't deserve all the hate. Those SHI... before I can even finish my curse our almighty manager interrupts. "Hyomin I have something important to tell you. I bet you will like it"