Learning a lesson

Freedom at Stake

Saturday

Onew walked into his room after a long shower, and decided to watched TV to hopefully kill his brain cells for at least a few hours. He sighted as he threw himself on his bed. "This is the third time this week..." he whispered under his breath "Damn it Key leave me alone" Jinki got comfortable on his bed, closed his eyes, and fell asleep within minutes.
 

Sunday
His eyes fluttered open, hours later, when his brain registered the fact that someone was knocking on his bedroom door.
"Yeah?" He looked around sleepily and barely registered that sunshine was leaking from the window thru the curtains.
"Jinki, one of your friends is here"
"Which one?" he looked at his clock which read 9:08 in the morning
"Kibum"
"Please let him in mom" added Onew with a groan as he stood up to open his bedroom door.
"Okay" He heard his mom walk away from the door and a minute later, Kim Kibum was standing on the doorway with a frown.
"So I heard it didn't go well with HyunA?"
"Of course it didn't. Were you really expecting it to go well? She's completely crazy! The waitress smiled at me for paying and HyunA almost slapped me"

Key walked into the room and took a seat on the bed. "I didn't think she was that crazy... I don't know them all that well. What can I do?"
"Stop setting me up with blind dates?" Onew said, hope evident in his voice.
"No" answered Key with an annoyed look. The older boy sighted. "I just have to set you up with someone else"
"But I don't want you to set me up with anyone. Work on your love life, not mine. You wouldn't let yourself be set up so why-"
"Fine."
"W-what?"
"Set me up with somebody"
Onew was statled but he had an idea almost immediately. "Okay but there is a condition..." Onew was going to fight for his freedom.
"Which one?"
"If you don't like your date or it goes horrible, you have to stop setting me up on those blind dates for the rest of my life"
"What if it goes well?"
Onew looked at Key with disbelief. "I'll let you set me up with as many dates as you want for a month"
Key smiled at him. "Deal. Just tell me when, where and what time."
"Okay" answered Onew with a smile. There was no way he was going to lose. He needed his freedom back.



Monday
"Gaining my freedom is proving to be tougher than I thought if would be" mumbled Onew as he stared at the chalkboard that was at the front of the classroom. His teacher was late. "It has to be someone that is completely different from Kibum..." He added as he tried to figure out who would be a horrible date for the younger boy. "He likes to shop... That rules out-" The teacher walked in at that moment giving him an idea. He ripped a piece of paper from his notebook with a mischievous smile. He scribbled "would you help me with something?" before folding the paper and passing it to the person next to him as he whispered the name of the intended recipient.


Friday
Onew grinned as he waited for Key. He texted Kibum right after school so that they could meet so that he could give the younger man the details on his date. He had been waiting for what felt like an eternity until Key walked through the door.


"So you got me a date?" asked Key as he sat down.
"Yup. Here are all the details" answered Onew as he handed Key a note.
"Okay. Now can we order something? I'm starving"
Onew nodded as he called the waitress over and both placed their order. They ate their food peaceful.

-----Flashback----
He wanted to show his gratitude to Jonghyun for helping him out and he figured that the best way was by a guitar, a very expensive guitar which he would buy the younger after he heard the horrible date Key had been on. Getting Jonghyun to agreed to the date had been hard. He begged the shorter male to help him for 4 days straight but the younger male refused without even hearing the details. After so much begging, Onew had been surprised when Jonghyun had given in only to be looked at like he was crazy when he told the younger that the date was suppose to go horribly for Key. The younger male refused after hearing the details and that's when Onew had to bring his secret weapon out.

"I'll buy you that guitar that you have been saving for"
"..." Jonghyun stared at Onew for a second before pouting. "You are a horrible hyung. It's not fair. I'm saving up for that guitar"
"Please?"
"Who is the date with?"
"Remember my friend Key?"
Jonghyun's eyes widen and bit his lower lips gently "Yeah"
"Well him"
A surprised look passed through the shorter male's features "Forget the guitar hyung. I'll go on the date" The older male grinned, he could almost taste his freedom.
----------

 

Saturday


His nerves were getting the best of him and were causing Onew to lose sleep over this. He had convinced Jonghyun Thursday and today, Saturday, was the day of the date. Jinki had only slept for 2 hours last night and now he was just pacing from side to side in his room hoping to calm down.

From what he knew, Jonghyun was in the process of picking Key up. He tripped on the rug that decorated his room as he tried to reach for his cellphone when it rang. It was a picture message from Key with the "proof" of the date. Jonghyun and Key were both showing peace signs while displaying very small smiles on their faces. He closed his phone and laid down on his bed. Now, he just had to wait; he hated waiting...

 

Sunday
His eyes shot open immediately searching for the alarm clock that was on the nightstand. When he realized that it was 9:10 in the morning, he got up and checked his phone. There were no messages or missed calls. Frowning, he opened the phone and typed in a message before sending it. His response came about 5 minutes later as his phone started to ring when he stepped outside the restroom after brushing his teeth.

"We finished the date around 12 or so. I was tired so just went straight to sleep"
 Onew read the text once more before a smile broke out. He typed back "Okay. What time can you meet me today?"
 "I'm tired... Wanna sleep"
 "Jonghyun..."
 "… Fine. How about in an hour? Is it gonna take long? The usual restaurant?"
 "Okay and it won't take long" Jinki answered as he hurried to leave but almost forgot the money for the guitar.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let's go" Onew said at he stopped in front of the table where Jonghyun was sitting.
"Where?"
"To buy you that guitar"
Jonghyun's eyes showed happiness and confusion "What? Why??"
Onew answered with a smile "For helping me"
Jonghyun's brown eyes shined with understanding "I told you to forget the guitar, I-"
"But you saved me from so many unwanted dates."
"Jinki, I am interested in Key"
The older's smile fell and his eyes widen "What?"
"Ever since you introduced us, I have wanted to get to know him" added Jonghyun with what seemed to be a very faint blush and a huge grin
"So?"
"Yesterday's date went really-"
"Well" Key said as he slid into the chair next to Jonghyun with a small smile.
Onew's eyes widen even more as Key pulled out a folder from a bag that he was holding and handed it to him.
"Here is all the information, date, time and place of all your dates within the next 2 weeks. I will give you the others later"
Jinki couldn't snap out of his shock. "You mean-"
"That you are interrupting our second date" added Jonghyun as he glanced at Key for a second.

"Besides your own date starts in about 10 minutes" added Key before turning to Jonghyun and placing a peck on the older's cheek as a greeting. Onew looked at Jonghyun for a second before his eyes settled on Key and lastly on the folder that Kibum had given him. Hesitantly, he opened it, and his eyes scanned over the first 10 pages and it made him wonder just how many girls did Key know...

He looked up and was about to protest but that died in his throat as he took in the sight before him. Key was saying something to Jonghyun as the older of the two had the younger's hand in his lap as he played with the slim, pale fingers. A trace of a content smile on both of their lips. A few moments later someone stopped next to Onew and Key was the first to acknowledge the person.

 

“Hi Juri noona”
The woman answered with a smile and a “Hi”
“Here is your date noona. You can call him Onew” added Key as he pointed to a now very stiff Onew.
Jinki turned to look at her and his eyes filled with terror “K-Key?”
Jonghyun stood up and directed a “we should get going” to Kibum who nodded. The younger male stood up as well as he said “have fun” to just follow Jonghyun out of the restaurant a second later. 
 
“You are really cute...” the woman next to him whispered making Onew shiver “Let's go.” She said as she took his hand and dragged the younger male to the destination of their date.
 
 
 

The inspiration for this story was this picture and this video. The whole "Onew Forever Alone" got to me. Please read and comment. I need more friends on Tumblr and Facebook... Don't ask me how Key knows Jung Juri in this story... If any of you want to read my other stories, click here!

 

Photobucket