Distrust

Agency

She woke up in the morning feeling very warm and comfortable so she snuggled up to the blankets, but the blankets moved. Hyun Jae realized there was something heavy on her and when her eyes focused she saw Hyun Joong laying on her bed with her legs tangled together with his. She tried to lift herself up, but he tightened his hold around her waist.

"Yah, Hyun Joong, wake up." She checked the clock. "It's already noon, wake up."

She shook him gently until he stirred, turning his head towards her eyes still closed. He took in a deep breath. "Of course it's late," he mumbled, "you kept me up all night."

"I did?" She didn't understand. All she could remember was falling asleep and having a nightmare. After that she slept peacefully. "Sorry."

"It's nothing to apologize for," he smirked, "I told you I don't bite much."

Hearing this made her heart stopped for a second and a look of confusion crossed her face. What was he talking about? she wondered.

"I know it was your first," he teasingly whispered in her ear.

Suddenly, she pushed him away. "What! What are you talking about?"

Hyun Jae watched as he rolled onto the floor. He stood up and scratched his head. "Yah, is this how you treat  a man the morning after?" Her eyes bulged making him lose his composure. He started to chuckle to himself and she realized he was just playing another game. "You should've seen your face. You don't remember what happened last night do you?"

She picked up the pillow she had been using and threw it at his gut. Then threw his pillow at his head too. He didn't bother dodging them and continued to laugh all the way to the bathroom.

She stood up and got dressed in a rush, ordered lunch and put in on her ear bud and mic.

"Morning," she heard Jaejoong yawn.

"Oppa are you still tired?"

"I'll be fine. I saw what happened last night and I couldn't sleep," he explained. As she was about to speak up another voice interrupted.

"Hyun Jae noona," Taemin interrupted, "boss needs to talk to you."

She opened her laptop saw that Leeteuk was impatiently tapping his nails on his desk. He was facing away from the screen when she heard his door open and heard Taemin speak. It was then she realized Leeteuk wasn't wearing his ear bud or mic. He looked down at his computer and noticed her staring back.

"Finally, you're awake," he said as he heard Taemin leave his office, "I saw what happened last night. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine boss. Nothing I can't handled." She smiled confidently knowing she couldn't pretend to have forgotten about last night when it came to him.

However, his expression remained the same. "If you need to return to headquarters you can. The mission isn't far along." His eyes were sharp and his lips were pressed together so tightly his dimple showed.

"I can handle it, boss. I'll be-"

Hyun Jae was interrupted by his phone. He looked at the name and picked it up. "I'm putting you on speaker so Hyun Jae can hear as well."

"'Kay boss." It was Heechul. "Well I decoded the conversations Hyun Jae and Eunhyuk gave me. I found two things. The suspect is definitely the group's only connection to the seller, Mr. Stewart, so in a way he is leading the group to him. The second thing is, and sorry I can't be more specific on this, but the group is suppose to arrive soon. All they had decided was that the suspect should arrive first."

"Why can't you be more specific?" Leeteuk wondered and furrowed his brows.

"Because they weren't specific themselves. They are suppose to arrive after the suspect, but there's no details on when, only that they wouldn't arrive two weeks late or else the group would be cut out of the deal. I guess they thought it wasn't too safe to talk in detail despite using a code."

Leeteuk sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Hyun Joong you got all that too?"

"Yes." His voice unexpectedly came from right behind Hyun Jae causing her to almost jump if it wasn't for the fact that even her reflexes had reflexes.

"Good. Warn the others," Leeteuk ordered as he opened his drawr and put on his mic, "Keep an eye out for suspicious people around the suspect. I'll be questioning Mr. Stewart to see if he knows anything else."

The screen went blank. Hyun Joong assembled everyone on the mission with his mic and filled them in while Hyun Jae got dressed. There was a knock at the door, room service. When she opened it she eyed the table of food hungrily and didn't notice the hotel staff who brought the meal inside until she was about to tip him.

"Jung Min?" She looked him up and down in his hotel uniform and quirky glasses that had a built in camera.

"So," he smiled widely "how is the new couple today?"

"We're fine," Hyun Joong dully answered as he opened the top of one of the dishes.

"I woke up this morning and Hyung Joon was gawking at his laptop," Jung Min winked atHyun Jae, "I went to check his screen and to my surprise I saw you two in bed together, not that I mind, that means I won the bet."

"It was nothing," she began to say. "Wait, what bet?"

He brushed off her question and scoffed. "Nothing, sure. You know, I can look up what happened."

"Good, then go do that," Hyun Joong said picking at the plate of chicken. "It was really nothing. She just had a nightmare and couldn't sleep alone."

"Oh that old trick." Jung min laughed and nudged her before leaving the room.

Hyun Joong stopped moving that instant. "Was that all a trick?" He clenched his jaw.

"No," she replied sitting with a plate of food.

He grabbed her chin and stared her down, glaring an inch away from her face. "If I find out it was-"

"It wasn't a trick." Jaejoong's voice intervened sounding angry.

"How can you be sure? She was always good at hiding things and sneaking around." He moved away and sat on the other end of the sofa.

"She wouldn't pretend to have a nightmare, hyung. What would be the point in that?"

"I would like to know too." He crossed his arms. "If it was a nightmare, what happened?"

His question made her face burned red. "It was about that night. I was shot and I saw Jaejoong go after the man. I told him not to go, but he didn't liste then I heard more shots."

"It's okay, you don't have to worry about me," Jaejoong tried to comfort her.

"That's all you saw?" Hyun Joong didn't look directly at her. She wondered if he was trying to make her feel guilty about what happened to him. Maybe he was trying to get her to confess about his silly idea that she tried to kill him.

"That's all I saw," she lied. What else could you say? That it started out with her and Jaejoong kissing on the bed? It was none of his business anyway, she thought. "We should focus on the mission." With that, she wiped her face with a napkin and stood up. In the bathroom was her deep brown wig and a light blue button up dress. Changing and wearing blue contacts she made her way towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" Hyun Joong questioned.

"I'm going to tail the wife. She could be a part of the group." She remembered something and walked past him to grab her purse before leaving the room.

In the lobby Hyun Jae spotted the wife walk out and down the street. In an inconspicuous manner, she followed behind not actually looking at the woman. She ducked into a boutique and Hyun Jae went in shortly after. Inside, a saleswoman was convincing her to buy the overpriced clothes on the mannequin in the store window.

Back in the hotel room, Hyung Joon stood by the window as he saw her duck into a store. He narrowed his eyes and began scowling just thinking of how he had to deal with her for the sake of the mission.

He suspected she lied about the dream. Why? Because he had been on surveillance during the mission where her nightmare took place. He had watched their room when the man entered, but before he could do anything Jaejoong and Hyun Jae had stumbled in. He'd thought they'd notice the man, but neither if them even hinted at knowing of an intruder. When Hyun Joong spoke there was no noise. He realized they weren't using their ear buds that night.

He had been the only one awake at the time and saw everything. It shocked him. He couldn't move. Seeing Jaejoong all over her. She didn't even try to stop him. Hyun Joong had gone crazy that night. He remembered trashing his room and breaking everything he touched. Hyung Joon had woken up from the commotion and grabbed the laptop before his leader could throw it at the wall. Young Saeng tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't listen. His team had never seen him act in such a way. No one had. By the time they watched the feed she had already been shot and the team didn't see what had really driven their leader mad.

Hyun Joong knew about her past. He had assumed she was a good person, but after seeing her behave that way with Jaejoong, even though they didn't go far or anything, he distrusted her. He never told Leeteuk, knowing perfectly well how their boss would react both on the inside and the outside. Leeteuk's father had made it an essential rule during his time as head officer that no one may have any unprofessional relationship with another officer no matter what team it was. Of course, even Leeteuk broke the rule once, but Hyun Joong knew it was best not to tell him anyway.

"Suspect's wife is innocent," Hyun Jae announced as she removed her wig and heels.

Hyun Joong looked at the clock and realized he'd been beating himself up for the past hour. "How do you know?"

"I found her and started an innocent chat. She's innocent. Probably doesn't even know what her husband is up to." She plopped into the sofa and rubbed her feet. "Boss?"

"I heard," Leeteuk answered through the ear bud, "Stewart doesn't know the group members at all. He knows nothing about them either, only that the buyer wasn't working alone."

"Boss, we have company." It was Kyujong. "Hyung Joon spotted a couple in contact with the suspect and I followed him to the airport where he picked up another couple. They are heading back to the hotel."

"And the game begins," Hyun Joong mumbled to himself.

"What if the group turns out to be too big for just two teams," she added.

"If we need to, I'll send another team," Leeteuk assured them.

"But not team Super Junior," she said "after the incident in the alley in New York they could be recognized more easily."

"If it becomes necessary then I'd have no other choice." Boss sighed. "We'll just wait and see."

"Oh, before I forget." She looked at Hyun Joong with a victorious grin. "We have a party to go to tonight."

"Yah! How come they get to have fun on a mission," Jonghyun whined. They heard some noise and then he was complaining about being kicked. Everyone guessed Onew was trying to keep him in line after the last time Jonghyun used a mission as and excuse to socialize.

"Hyun Jae, you know the rules," Leeteuk firmly reminded her.

"Yes, but it isn't for fun. The suspect's wife invited us to a club with them. Since they are arriving so soon we might as well start getting closer to them already."

Leeteuk just sighed and stayed silent for a minute examining the options and the consequences. "Just be friendly. Team SS501 keep watch over the hotel in case any more of the group arrives. Team DBSK follow them to the club."

"Yes boss," both teams answered obediently.

"This should be fun," Junsu  cheerfully spoke up.