One

Moving Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was the first week of August and currently sunny and hot out. That didn’t exactly help Chanyeol, who was dragging in about 30 boxes one by one from his car by himself up to his dorm. His attire didn’t help either. The black cable-knit sweater clinging to his arms and flat stomach, and his grey skinnies clinging to every part of his legs. He took off his beanie perched atop his head and threw it in one of his boxes. Based on his dark clothes and quiet personality, he can come off as weird and unapproachable.

 

     It’s not like he hasn’t been through a lot. He is a new freshman in college coming from a bad break-up with a guy he really loved, a homophobic and abusive father, and a dead mother. But he still has feelings, they just don’t show until he can trust the person- which isn’t easy for him.

 

    He gets judged and ridiculed, but his biggest critiques come from his four year older sister Yoo-ra. Even though he has taken beatings for her wrongdoings, she can never stop her snarky comments towards him or the judging looks after everything he does. Now she is a news anchor, and he’s stuck in college with no friends, no money, and no job.

 

     As Chanyeol carries his last box up the two flights of stairs, he gives a loud grunt- this box is the largest and heaviest of the lot. He finally makes it up the stairs and down his hall to his dorm 2K, located on the end of the hall. He lays his last box down along with the others that are already stacked outside of the door. He takes out his oddly shaped hexagonal key and inserts it into the lock. The key has a weird maze design carved intricately into it and the other side bears the words SM Dorms in bold cursive handwriting. Chanyeol doesn’t even know what his roommates looks like, or what his name is. He twists the key in the lock and pushes open the door.

 

     The soft drum of music reaches his ears. Sounds of a fast korean pop track, but he can’t point what it is exactly. He personally likes that genre as well, gives his life something interesting watching the idols run across the stage wearing bright outfits. His favorite band is Girls Generation who used to go to this college in the girl section of SM Dorms. At least this roommate of his will have something in common with him.

 

The music is blaring loudly so the boy  on the bed closest to the window does not even acknowledge Chanyeol, for he probably does not even hear him. Chanyeol just continues to pack away his stuff. He can hear the other’s stomach growl and the boy gets up from his bed.

 

    Finally acknowledging Chanyeol with a slight head nod, he walks to his desk, and pulls out one of the drawers to  grab a box of chocolate Pocky. He opens the packet, sticks one in his mouth and proceeds back to his bed with said box in hands. He has slim brown eyes and long scruffy rainbow dyed hair.  His face looks to be in a permanent scowl. After a period of silence, the only sound is Chanyeol’s drawers opening and closing as he puts his things away, Chanyeol sits on his bed playing with his phone.

 

    The boy speaks up and says, “What’s your name?”, to which Chanyeol gives a glorified “What? Oh sorry, Chanyeol. Full name Park Chanyeol.”

 

    “Sehun. Oh Sehun.” The boy-Sehun says after Chanyeol.

 

    “Nice to meet you.”

 

    “You too.”, and with that Sehun slumps back down into his bed and curls up to fall asleep.

 

    Noticing that Sehun was now asleep, Chanyeol went back his phone to play a little before turning it off and putting it on his bedside table. He too decided to take a quick nap.

 

     Chanyeol woke up five hours later at six pm to a note on the door of the dorm, presumably Sehun, and read it. The note had been a quickly scribbled few words of “Went to cafeteria for dinner, join when you wake up!” Chanyeol walked into the bathroom and changed his skinny jeans and sweater into a loose hoodie and sweatpants. He fixed his wild curly red hair and walked out of the bathroom. He quickly grabbed his phone and room key and locked the door before shoving said items into his pockets and walking out.

 

    Chanyeol started out of the dorms and onto the campus. His cousin had previously gone to school here and told him that not only was the food free, it was actually pretty good. He was willing to test this theory because it wasn’t like he had enough money to eat out at a cafe much less a McDonald's. Chanyeol was a foodie, not one to post it on instagram or twitter, but one to enjoy food til the last bite. His cousin is an extreme foodie- he does post on instagram- so, good food for him was, well, good food.

 

    Chanyeol would be lying if he said that the food was not on his mind when picking colleges. But, he also chose Seoul National University because it had an amazing law program and Chanyeol had always wanted to go into law and become a lawyer. He has always wanted to be a lawyer so that he can help people, and because school time is five to ten years - a long time away from his family is an extreme plus.

 

    Chanyeol pushed open the double swinging doors to the large white building with the word cafeteria spelled out in bold black letters over the doorway. He walked over to the buffet style food line with many others students who also had dyed hair, but had on brighter clothes than he. He grabbed a bowl of fried rice, a pair of chopsticks, and a bottle of water and walked to a table in the corner with no other people and sat.

 

    As Chanyeol started eating, he felt eyes on him and looked up, only to find two tables over his new roommate Sehun. Sehun was waving at him vividly and he waved back. Sehun’s wave then turned into a come here signal, but Chanyeol just returned it with a shake of his head symbolizing a no and began to eat again looking down.

 

    Sehun apparently wouldn’t take no for an answer, so in turn he bid a “Be right back” to his friends and went over to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was still looking down at his food when Sehun walked over and tapped his shoulder. Sehun picked up Chanyeol’s tray and carried it over to the prior’s table and then went back to drag Chanyeol by the wrist while the latter tried to break free. He forced Chanyeol to stand in front of his friends to introduce himself.

 

    “....U-Uh..my name is Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol said in front of the table of eleven while rubbing the back of his neck.

 

    “Okay, well everyone introduce yourselves!” sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter