Fin.

Heaven

          Jonghoon sat comfortably on the couch, reading a book and a small fluff ball of white fur named Melo slept soundly on his lap. His other pet dog, Kkoming, sat at the far end of the room and is busy munching on a squeaky bone toy. It was Friday night, and he was home alone. Jongjin had errands to do at Mouse Rabbit, while his parents went overseas for a vacation trip. He just finished his concert series and he was given days to rest before resuming his entire schedule line-up. He felt like he needed a cup of coffee, so he carefully placed the sleeping furball in its bed and headed to the kitchen. He filled a mug with the bitter black substance and was about to go back to the living room but he froze on his spot and listened intently to the sudden noise that disturb the quiet place. He forgot where he put his phone. Not really so typical of him, he is inseparable with his phone but he didn’t quite pinpoint what occurred to him that he can’t recall where he placed it. He placed his mug on the coffee table and went to search for his phone. It ceaselessly rung, the call must be really urgent, he thought. Was it one of their managers? Was it one of the members? He racked his brain on who could possibly call him at this hour, not that the members don’t give calls or messages but they would not bother him unless something has really happened.

          He went to his room and picked up all the scattered clothes on the floor. Kkoming must have knocked the hamper of clean clothes, so that must be the explanation for the mess. And then he saw light under his bed. He kneeled down and reached for his phone. The dog must felt so hyped playing with her squeaky stuff that his room appeared like it was devastated by a raging storm. His phone was still ringing when he picked it up. He checked who the caller was it was an unknown number. He was contemplating whether he should ignore the call or not. It might be a sasaeng fan, a hater, or someone who sells insurance thingy. The screen went black and then he put it on his pocket. It buzzed again, startling him a bit. He seriously needed to think about lessening his caffeine intake. He swiped his thumb on the screen and answered the call. The other line has a noisy background, people chattering, and a group of ahjussi that sounded like they had drowned themselves in a pool of alcohol. The person on the other line was saying something but he wasn’t quite able to catch what was said and the call was dropped. Maybe that was someone who got so drunk and dialed a wrong number.

          He settled himself back to the couch and continued reading the novel he was reading. Now, Kkoming was playing with his foot. He then scratched the fur ball’s tummy using his toes, which made the dog fall asleep afterwards. He was really engrossed with the novel when his phone pulled his attention away from the novel. It was the annoying caller earlier. He rolled his eyes and then picked up the call. He was about to say something rude but his eyes grew wide as he heard a familiar voice.

“Hyung~~”

“Is this a prank? You sounded like—“

“Hyung~~” The person on the other line cooed, and then ended in fits of drunken giggles. “Jongwoonie~~~”

“I am hanging up.” He said, his tone was flat.

“Hyung~~ Pick me up. I can’t go home.”

“Who the hell said that you should get so drunk? No. I am not your chaperon. I’ll hang up now. I am serious.”

“If you are serious, you already would have hung up.”

          Jonghoon wanted to smack his dongsaeng but his giggles sounded so annoyingly cute.

“Hyung~~ hmmm? Please? Please? Jongwoonie hyung~~~”

“Jonghoon.” He corrected the other.

“I don’t care. I liked Jongwoon better than Jonghoon.”

“This brat… I would really---“

“Hyung please~~ I’ll drop the call now and text you where I am~~”

          And the line went dead. Jongwoon swore he will kill his dongsaeng the moment he gets his hands on him. After a minute he received a text message. He got his hoodie, a cap and a mask. He headed outside and hailed a cab.

-xx-

 

          He arrived at the address indicated on the text message. He put his hoodie on and wore his mask before getting off from the cab. He said thanks to the ahjussi and handed the fare to him. People at this hour seemed to be so intoxicated with alcohol, no once recognized Jonghoon. Plus, he wasn’t wearing make-up. He walked with ease towards the place where he would find his dongsaeng. To his surprise, the store was already closed. He cursed under his breath and shoved his hands inside the pockets of his jacket. The words “will kill him” sounded like a mantra in his head. He narrowed his eyes, he’s not sure if he saw something on the lamppost not too far away from his spot. He walked closer towards the lamppost, there was a hunched figure leaning on the pole. He took a step closer and poked the other. The latter groaned and suddenly flashed a grin when he recognized Jonghoon.

“You insufferable brat.” Jonghoon muttered.

“You love me though~ you dearly love me Jongwoon~~”

          Jonghoon gave the other “are-you-really-out-of-your-mind?!” look and helped him to stand up.

“Jongwoon love me~~ He really does~~!” The latter said in a drunk, singsong tune.

“Shut up and be cooperative. You aren’t light you know.”

“You just can’t life me right away because you have baby hands like this~” He folded his hands and showed it to Jonghoon.

          Jonghoon stared at the sky and begged for help. This dongsaeng of his probably needed divine intervention.

“Hyung~~”

“What?! Help yourself you cheeky brat! Stand up!”

Hello angel You are like a painting, when I look to the sky I can only see you~~♫♪He sang and then looked up in the sky.

          Jonghoon shook his head. The younger must have drank too much that he can’t get up on his own feet. He managed to get his dongsaeng on his back but the younger was so damn heavy.

City street lights when the lights go out and the moon disappears, its still bright

Because you are the star that the sky dropped~♫♪

                As if on cue, the lights went out. Jongwoon rolled his eyes. This is really not happening, he thought. He got out his phone from his pocket and made it as his flashlight.

“Damn you Cho Kyuhyun. You owe me big time you idiot. GOD. WHY ARE YOU SO HEAVY?! ARE YOU DOING THIS ON PURPOSE?! WHY ME?!”

Hiding your wings behind your back~ Anyone can see that you are my only angel~ I can fly if I am with you~♫♪

“You are hopeless. You are even rapping. Wow great!”

          Kyuhyun wrapped his arms tighter on Jonghoon’s neck, tight enough but not to choke his hyung. Jongwoon muttered curses as he felt the younger’s breath on his neck. He is extremely ticklish and it really gave him goosebumps. He got more irritated because he also now reeks with alcohol.

The sky gave you everything~ And the world gave you to me~ I will keep you by my side so you cant run away to the sky~♫♪”

“Seriously?! Why are you singing this song? You are dead drunk.”

“I am not.”

“Yes you are Cho.”

“Believe me, I am not drunk.”

“You are screwed.”

“Perhaps~”

“It is as if you are singing a drunken confession.” Jonghoon laughed. “Silly brat.”

          Jonghoon hailed a cab. He carefully let Kyuhyun in and he was able to manage not to knock the younger’s head and let him have injuries. It is a fact that Jonghoon is careless, and it is a miracle when he finishes a day without being clumsy. They’ve arrived at the dorms and he muttered his sincerest apologies to the cab driver because the younger couldn’t keep his mouth shut. He kept on talking a kid and continued singing the same song he was singing when Jonghoon found him.

          Jonghoon wished that he have the other members so that he would not carry the maknae by himself but they were still out due their schedules. Perhaps destiny woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, he thought. Finally, they reached their floor. Jonghoon was able to put Kyuhyun on bed. He roamed around; looking for the younger’s clothes. He found the pajamas neatly folded on the maknae’s desk, Ryeowook must have finished doing laundry and wasn’t able to put them into their respective closets. He went out and got a basin and a towel then went back to Kyuhyun’s room. It took great effort to wash and make Kyuhyun wear fresh clothes because the maknae won’t stop rolling on the bed. The maknae would also occasionally poke Jonghoon’s philtrum.

“COULD YOU PLEASE STAY STILL AND COOPERATE WITH ME CHO KYUHYUN?!” He finally yelled at the younger.

          Kyuhyun did stop and he sat properly. Jonghoon put the pair of pajamas beside the younger and went out carrying the basin. When he came back, he saw the younger still sitting on the bed.

“Hyung~”

“What?” Jonghoon snapped.

“Help me with my pants. They are too tight. Can’t pull them off.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

          Jonghoon knelt in front of him and helped the younger with his pants.

“Your baby hands are helpful.”

          Jonghoon threw dagger looks at him. The younger just looked away and mumbled that he can now pull his pants by himself. Jonghoon stood up and went out of the room again. He went back holding a glass of water. He placed the glass on the bedside drawer and sat beside Kyuhyun, who is now fully dressed. The younger was hugging his knees close to his chest. He patted the younger’s hair and ruffled it.

“Sorry if hyung yelled at you earlier.”

          Kyuhyun shook his head and looked at Jonghoon.

“Are you sober now?”

          The younger just continued staring at Jonghoon.

“I am really sorry hmmmm? Get some sleep now. Hyung will stay until you fall asleep.”

          Kyuhyun didn’t budge and stayed on his position. His eyes were still fixed on Jonghoon. To convince the maknae, Jonghoon lay down on the bed and patted the space in front of him. Kyuhyun did the same and faced his hyung.

“Sleep~” Jonghoon mumbled. And he drifted into dreamland.

 

-xx-

 

          His hyung must have suffered so much because of him, Kyuhyun thought as he stared at Jonghoon. His hyung fell asleep right away as soon as he told the younger to sleep. Kyuhyun’s slender fingers brushed the fringes away from Jonghoon’s forehead. The younger shifted closer and pressed his lips gently on his hyung’s forehead. He held the older’s hand and laced their fingers together.

“It wasn’t a drunk confession hyung~ I am still sober. You are my angel hyung~ my own heaven here on earth~”