Back

Back

AN: Hi everybody! Here's to show my love for these two. If you haven't watched them on WGM, you have to! I love them. Go watch them ;) and enjoy this.


 

Sungjae finally saw her again. He sought for her the minute they arrived at the venue. The sight of her made his heart clench. It was different when he saw So Hyun earlier, he approached her and was happy to see her, to talk to her again. He liked So Hyun and haven’t seen her for a long time as well. But it wasn’t the same feeling when he saw Joy again. His Sooyoung. It was like he was drowning all this time, and her presence made him resurface. It felt like being able to breathe again.

 

He was standing on the edge, his body ached for her. To hold her in his arms again. Seeing her yet not being able to be the one beside her. Seeing her but not being able to hold her hand, to make her laugh, to tell her she’s beautiful at the moment. He couldn’t do it now, no matter how much he wished. He was not her virtual husband anymore. He was out of reasons to be able to do any of those.

 

Yet he couldn’t control himself for seeking her out, his body from going near her each time he found her. His eyes always aware of her. He was also aware of how she was trying so hard to be casual around him. No, don’t ignore me, Joy-ah. Soo-young-ah. He stretched out his hand to her arm but didn’t reach her. His fingers grasped empty air as his hand fell. He looked at his hand, remembering what it felt when hers was tucked safely on them.

 

Just like that, memories of her flashed by his eyes – how she’d laugh at his antiques, how she’d cling on his arm adorably, how she’d playfully. He suddenly wished he’d responded to her properly and not be worried their fans would not accept it. He wished he could’ve shown her more of how he appreciated her. Her beauty that was inside and out. He misses her. He does terribly.

 

-

 

Red Velvet was at the backstage when BTOB’s song started playing. From only hearing Remember That instrumental, Joy already felt her heart contract. A familiar feeling she hadn’t felt for weeks. She didn’t know she was holding her breath for him until she exhaled once she heard his voice. It was a long breath she had let go as she watched his face on screen.

 

“Are you going to start crying whenever you hear me sing?” he had joked around then, making her laugh and cry at the same time on their last day. She thought he was exaggerating based on her state then, but she never dismissed the idea it was possible. Looking back on that memory made her embarrassed of how she was bawling so much though, missing him even before they had part. But now hearing him, she let out a short laugh as she felt her eyes well, her heart swell. She was still that bawling girl who was missing him.

 

She was aware he approached her earlier, but she panicked and walked off away from him. She was scared. She was scared of her feelings, of her eyes bawling as soon as he speaks to her. She tried to prepare herself facing him on this event a lot of times. Her feelings should be kept intact. It was a constant reminder to herself. She had already bared so much of her feelings when she cried her heart out on their last day. She’d always bared so much for him when they filmed together but she knew now that it was over, she had to stop, she was now aware of what it might cause them. So she walked away from him.

 

But now seeing him, hearing him again - they were singing It’s Okay now- she wondered, whether it mattered so much. Because right now, all she wanted was to be tucked safely on his arms as he sang, it was the place she cried for so much. She cried for it greatly because she didn’t want to step out from it. She felt stupid for feeling the slightest fear earlier. Walking away from him was the last thing she wanted to do.

 

-

 

Sungjae’s eyes are looking again. He sighed, wondering what was wrong with him. All he wanted to see is her, Joy smiling. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked to see Changsub raising his eyebrows at him.

 

He was caught again by his friend. Sungjae shook his head, “I have to go to her, Hyung.” He tried to explain to the older guy.

 

Changsub stared hard at him before letting out a laugh, “Who said I was against it?” He tousled Sungjae’s hair. “Let’s go.”

 

“That’s why I love you, Hyung!” Sungjae smirked and they made a plan.

 

Sungjae looked out for Changsub once the latter reached the other side. After a few more steps, Changsub noticed he had secured a place near Red Velvet. He closed his hand in a fist, grinning to himself. “Gotcha.” He looked to find Sungjae towering over others and he motioned him to come closer. Sungjae casually crossed the stage towards them almost immediately. “Our maknae is so bold now.” Changsub chuckled to himself as he led Sungjae closer to Red Velvet.

 

Sungjae saw her again, she was finally there, a few steps before him. He held his breath, his eyes travelling along her bare skin. She was showing too much skin, his lips thinned out. The husband in him wasn’t quite approving of this. But he remembered he wasn’t her husband anymore. But he wanted to be, wanted to be someone to her.

 

Just in time, Joy whipped her head as he and Changsub approached. Their eyes met. Her lips parted as they held their gaze. He wanted those lips. He wanted them close to him. As if she heard his thoughts, Joy almost took a step towards him but was called out to keep walking. So they kept walking. Both of them.

 

He kept close to her. It was enough, he told himself. For now, just being able to be this close to her and feel her presence. He would take anything. His hands were kept on his sides, restrained from grabbing her arm and turning her to him.

 

His eyes kept on landing on her back, her hair, her shoulder, her hands. Distraction. He needed some distraction. So he ran to the center of the stage and fooled around as Changsub and Joy went first. He saw her glance at him from the corner of his eyes.

 

-

 

Joy felt her heart hammer as she felt his presence. He was finally there. The feeling of safety washed over her with just his presence. All he needed to do was stand close to her and she was overwhelmed by her feelings all over again. She wanted to turn around each step she took farther away from him. Strong restraint kept her at bay. He was in an interview with So Hyun earlier, she remembered. She wished she could be as casual as So Hyun was with him, she wished she didn’t always feel her heart beating so fast whenever he was around.

 

She breathed a sigh as she continued walking, she saw him zoom past beside them. A laughter passed by her lips as she saw him playing around at the side. Oh, she missed him playing together with her.

 

-

 

Sungjae ran past the crowd backstage as soon as he can, searching for Changsub and spotting him but he was alone. “Hyung,”

 

Changsub patted his back, shaking his head feeling regretful for his friend, “They had to leave.”

 

his lips and trying to process this, Sungjae nodded his head. He reminded himself to breathe. He couldn’t. “Alright. Seeing her was enough.” He said, more to himself. His fists clenched as he started walking. “Tell the others, I’ll… I’ll just get some air.”

 

“Hey, where?”

 

“You know where.”

 

Changsub nodded, holding his smile as he turned around. “Sorry, man.” He held out peace signs on his both hands.

 

-

 

Sungjae stood by the overlooking rooftop he and Joy stayed at back then after they rode the Ferris wheel. It was a safe haven for him for the past month. It was a calming place for him. Along with memories of her. His hand landed on top of the railing as he was deep in thought. He remembered the memory of them there, wearing school uniforms and playing around as they always had then. Clicking his tongue, he rest his head on top of the back of his hand, groaning. He was really at a bad luck today.

 

It was his one chance of talking to her again. He had to see her. Ever since they separated from the show, everything he did unconsciously became associated with her. He thought of her every time. Whenever he does things that they have done together, he thought of her, missing her. Whenever he was going to do things they haven’t, he thought of her, wanting to do those new things with her.

 

He was hopeless.

 

“Oppa.”

 

Her voice, always a ghost on his ears.

 

“Oppa.”

 

He was really hopeless.

 

Sungjae slowly lifted his head, his hands falling on his sides as he turned around. There she was. Joy. His Joy. His joy. She was smiling at him. It was her gummy smile that reached her eyes. It was that smile he wanted to keep for himself. Sungjae was left speechless he took the sight of her in.

 

“So you always come here, Oppa?” She bit her smile down as she took one careful step towards him.

 

-

 

Sungjae reached a hand to rub the back of his head, bashful. He looked at her through his bangs.

 

That made Joy stop on her tracks, her heart skipped a beat. He was beautiful. Everything about him was. He also took a step towards her, holding a smile. Joy stayed on her place as he took the final step towards her, her eyes took all of him in.

 

A small smile played on Joy’s vulnerable lips as she looked up at him, relishing this silent moment between them. Her eyes traced his features. He was finally here before her. Finally. Finally. “Finally.” She whispered.

 

His hand in turn, reached out to remove a stray strand from her face, his fingers lingering on her cheeks before he reached down to her own fingers. This time, he was the one to tug at her hand. He laced their fingers as he slowly pulled her closer, engulfing her in his other arm.

 

Joy closed her eyes as warmth spread through her. It felt so right to be back. Back in his arms. “Mmmm.”

 

 

-

 

Sungjae felt himself smile. His arms tightened around her, pulling her closer. Having her here felt right. Having her back in his arms, being able to smell her hair, to bury his head at the crook of her neck. It’s the most right thing he felt doing ever since they parted. Being with her was the only right thing he knew.

 

He pulled away and eyed her. “I guess I have to thank Changsub-hyung for this?”

 

Joy laughed lightly as she reached out a hand to sweep away his bangs. Her hands going back to his waist. “Did you miss me?”

 

He didn’t need to answer her. His lips did. His hand reached out to gently pull her closer, stopping his mouth a few inches from hers. Joy’s giggle was drowned against his lips. “I did.”

 

His lips hovered on her ear as he whispered, “That reminds me. Seeing you again after missing you so much. Do you have any idea how much of what you were wearing made it hard for me? Or how much you were not wearing.”

 

-

 

Joy giggled as she pulled away and looked at him, she brought her hands to squish his face. “You’re cute, Oppa.”

 

“I’m serious,” Sungjae spoke through squished lips, making him appear anything but serious.

 

He was too cute and Joy had to give him a peck one last time before wrapping her arms around his neck. Sungjae also s his arms on her waist, smiling contentedly.

 

-

 

Sungjae her hair, securing her to him. She was his most precious. He buried his face on her hair. “I missed having you in my arms, Sooyoung-ah.”

 

It was perfect. They were perfect.

 

A perfect fit. They fit each other right. In a place they felt most right. Back in each other’s arms.

 


AN: Hope this one was enjoyed. Gosh, I miss them. Pls. show me your love hihi 'Til next time!

Also, please watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg9UyO1Shcw