Coffee Shop

Oneshots and Drabbles

The rain was pouring down in Seoul. People were rushing to get out of the storm and soon the tiny coffee shop was full of cold, shaking people. It was far from comfortable, despite the shop's name and Yoongi soon found himself forced into the corner of the shop, trying his hardest not to bump into anyone. That said, he was glad that he was far from the door, away from the cold that swept in with every leaving or entering person. With the amount of people in the building, he wasn’t sure the door was able to close.

Adjusting the beanie lower over his head, he leant back against the wall and directed his attention to the phone in his hand. He had sent the message to his friend, saying he wasn’t able to make it to the meeting and now he tried to waste his time playing Klondike. But fate was out to get him as the screen went black, his battery finally dying. “Um… E-excuse me.” Yoongi looked up from the black screen and straight at the boy in front of him.

“What?” He didn’t mean to sound rude, but he wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

“You dropped this,” the boy held out a set of wet headphones. “I’ve been trying to reach you for the past fifteen minutes. Actually, I doubt they work anymore. It’s pretty heavy out there don’t you think?” The boy was met with silence. “Oh right, I’m babbling. My name is Park Jimin, what’s yours?” Yoongi gingerly took the headphones from the boy and spoke his name in a hushed tone. “Sorry, what was that?”

“Min Yoongi.” This time the boy smiled and nodded his head.

“Well, Min Yoongi, I don’t think the weather will clear up anytime soon. Any idea how you’re getting home?” Yoongi simply stared, somewhat confused by the question. “Oh, I don’t mean to be creepy. Just wanted to make sure you could get home safely.” Jimin flashed a smile as if it would assure the boy that he wasn’t a creep.  Why was this boy concerned about him?

Yoongi sighed, closing his eyes. “I don’t need to go home,” he murmured, “I needed to get to a meeting.”

“Oooh, me too,” Jimin replied, pushing a couple out of the way to that he could lean next to the boy. “I just got accepted into this big group, we haven’t worked out a name just yet, but we were supposed to be meeting and hour ago and now I’m stuck in here. I wonder if that will affect anything, I mean, I’m not technically official yet, they could still fire me and all and… I’m sorry, I’m babbling. I tend to do that when I’m nervous. What about you? What meeting are you heading to?”

Having tried to drown the boy out, Yoongi had his hands over his ears, but the younger boy simply took the gesture as him being cold. “I, uh… Have to go.” With that, Yoongi left the confused boy at the back of the restaurant and battled his way to the front door. Stepping out, he buried his face in his scarf, leaving only his eyes to bear against the weather and started towards his meeting. He felt bad leaving the boy like that, but he simply wasn’t good with conversations and the overly crowded area did nothing to help his anxiety.

“You know. The reason I asked was because I have an umbrella,” Jimin muttered, opening said umbrella and holding it over the both of them. Not realising that the boy had followed him, the older jumped, almost falling into a puddle as he did so. The boy simply laughed. “Oh come on. We’re headed in the same direction, so why not?” He had a point and finally the older gave in, huddling close to the boy so that he was protected from the rain.

Eventually the two reached their meeting, completely unaware of what fate had in stall for them when they opened the doors to the large building, dripping from the rain. Yoongi certainly hadn’t counted on seeing the boy again after they had parted ways in the lobby but when he opened the door to his meeting, he was met with Jimin’s beaming face and he couldn’t help but smile, it was contagious.