Final

Good Day Bad Day

"Today is such a bad day", Yoongi groaned.

 

Yoongi just wanted to work in peace. Peace, that's all he could ask for. He already had limited patience due to the multiple (unnecessary) interruptions beforehand and he just wants to ing. Finish. His work. 

 

His song was already almost completed. Yoongi could just taste the satisfaction (he dedicated hours into this one- Hours that he could've spent sleeping away) on the tip of his tongue but something was missing. Something was always missing, and it would drive Yoongi to the brink of frustration every time. He repeated the same track 18 times (18! That's twice as more as he usually would), getting frustrated at nearly every one because something was ing missing and he didn't know what. Therefore he needed peace and quiet to revel in his misery as well as trying to complete the (stupid) track. But then...

 

Then the door creaked open. If he weren't so frustrated that every single noise grated his ears, Yoongi wouldn't have even noticed the sound. But alas, Yoongi was gumpy and irritable (especially since he was so SO close to finishing but also so SO far away) and he heard the door open. Meaning that someone didn't see the ing note he left on the door.

 

Meaning that someone was going to die.

 

Yoongi swirled in his chair and outright glared at the (admittedly cute) head that popped in.

 

And he ripped the newbie a new one--

 

"Are you ing blind kid? There's a note taped RIGHT THERE at the door that SPECIFICALLY said this room was occupied. What are you, a kindergartner who can't read? I booked this room 2 weeks ago and I don't ing care about what assignments you have or whatever, this is MY time to use this ing studio so leave me be. Seriously, do you guys not know the meaning of "Do not enter"? It's basic ing common sense and-"

 

And Yoongi would have continued. He'd like to actually, but the other's doe eyes that blinked of confusion and hurt halted him in his tracks. His frustration inflated like a balloon when the other pushes the door in to look at the--

 

The bare door.

 

"Um... There's no n-note..." The boy faintly stuttered. "Um.."

 

And Yoongi immideately slapped his forehead. His mind rewind to the day's beginning where he and his sunshine-of-a-bestfriend were walking into the studio. He ended up forgetting to put a note today because Hoseok was distracting him as always. This... This explained so many things.

 

How kids keep coming in. Yoongi just shoos them away ("Studio's occupied, go somewhere else"), not irritated enough to bring about the note into the conversation but just simply telling the kids to get out.

 

How his professor also dropped in and looked surprised to see the rapper there. Yoongi thought it was because he was in the studio and not at normal classes, but now, it might have been the fact that there was no note in the first place so the teacher was shocked at seeing someone in.

 

"Oh "

 

Oh shiiit

 

Yoongi prided himself in his self-restraint (His bestfriend is usually annoying on a good day so his limit is pretty big) but he had basically attacked a kid without any real reason and now the kid looks like he's about to cry.

 

"- kid, I'm sorry", Yoongi grimached. The kid, big doe eyes and fluffy black hair, looked stricken and flustered. He glanced back and forth at the door and at Yoongi, awkwardly standing there and not knowing what to do- Should he leave? Should he stay? What does one do in this situation?? 

 

Unbeknowst to the fretting freshman, Yoongi took notice of his facial expression and suddenly wants to laugh. The kid was cute. Definitely cute. In a shy and awkward way that makes Yoongi want to give him a hug and protect him from the cruel world. Yoongi tilted his head and couldn't resist asking.

 

"Hey kid, what's your name?"

 

Now the kid looks even more confused- His eyes getting bigger and cuter. "J-jungkook. Jeon Jungkook", the kid- Jungkook coughed. "Y-you're Min Yoongi-shi right?"

 

The mentioning of his name got Yoongi's attention. "Oh, and how do you know that?", his smile curve into something akin of a fox.

 

"You're famous!" Jungkook blurted out. "Your face is all over the college news, your name all over the awards you've won for the school, and your mixtapes are popular. You hang out with actual K-idols, Jackson and Kidoh, and people speak of your name all the time. How- How could I NOT know your name?"

 

"I only hang out with them because Namjoon and Jin are close to them", Yoongi snorted. "But thanks for the ego boost kid. Now if only I could use it to finish this damn song"

 

Jungkook's head perked up at the song mention. He shifted in place, looking uncomfortable yet interested. "C-can I hear it?"

 

Yoongi blinked. He motioned for the chair beside him (which Namjoon usually sat at) and nodded. "Close the door and have a seat kid. I need fresh ears anyways"

 

Jungkook did as told, with a bit of struggle because he's still in shock about many things. He sat down and stiffly looked at the computer.

 

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. " kid I'm not going to rage at you again so you can relax. Here come closer so you can see better", Yoongi said as he pulled Jungkook's chair closer to his.

 

Jungkook may or may not have inwardly squeeked. And have an internal meltdown because-

 

Holy he's sitting next to Min Yoongi. THE Min Yoongi, the rapper who inspired Jungkook into following his dreams. If it weren't for his old mixtapes, Jungkook would have obeyed his parent's dream of being a doctor and he would've been miserable. Yoongi changed him for the better, and having said person so close, was doing something to Jungkook's rapid heartbeat. He also can't believe he's about to listen to an infinished track by THE Min Yoongi- like what, what. When has Jungkook ever been this lucky? (Actually he has lady luck by his side ever since he was born- They don't call him the Golden Maknae for nothing, you know)

 

Yoongi, either oblivious or ignorant to Jungkook's inner meltdown, pressed play for the track. 

 

Slow but heavy beats and catcy melodies entered through Jungkook's ears in a way that sent shivers to his spine. The track played for exactly 2 minutes and 56 seconds. Jungkook loved every moment of it. After the track place, a comforting silence falls onto the two.

 

"Well, whaddaya think?" Yoongi looked at him with an expectant glance.

 

"What do I think? It's amazing!" Jungkook bursted. "Wow... wow"

 

Yoongi felt his ears burn red but his face stayed indifferent. It felt like a geniune compliment, not one of those 'it's good' sort of kind comment that people just throw out when they have nothing else to say but an 'I have listened properly and I loved every bit of the song' kind of compliment. "Thanks", Yoongi coughed. "But-"

 

"But something's missing" Jungkook blurted out. His expression turned into one of horror and Yoongi can just imagine Jungkook slapping himself in his own mind. He sniggered, this kid.

 

"Yeah, glad you caught on. I just don't know what is", Yoong hovered his mouse over the layout of the track. "It's somewhere here I think"

 

Jungkook made a faint sound at the back of his throat. He looked away for a bit, contemplating whether to put his suggestion out or have Yoongi figure it out (Because it was Yoongi's track after all) Unfortunately for Jungkook, his squeek earned him Yoongi's attention.

 

"Well? You look like you have something in mind" Yoongi raised an eyebrow. "Go on"

 

"Umm..." Jungkook stalled, but then took a big sigh. "I don't want to offend or anything, and you totally don't have to do whatever I say but..."

 

"Spit it out kid", Yoongi snapped when Jungkook kept him hanging.

 

"Have you considered adding in another piano arrangement for the bridge? One that's more harmonic in the background. It would increase the dramatic aspect of the while being more pleasurable to the ears" Jungkook said in one breath. "Plus adding in another one would make it more complex, which is extra credit for the right teachers"

 

Yoongi was silent for a few minutes, considering the idea. He then payed full attention to his track. He started playing around with the brigde, adding in instruments and moving melodies around. He was pulled into his own musical world, everything else around him disappear and the only thing he could see was his finished track.

 

Jungkook pushed away slightly when Yoongi started hammering down on his track. He took the time to fully scruintinize Yoongi and take notice of the feautures that were prominent in the other's face. 

 

Yoongi- Yoongi was beautiful, Jungkook concluded. He was handsome and charming all in one smooth package. The man's skin was fair and his eyes droopy but in a smoltering yet sharp kind of way. His cheeks were curved and jawline sharp to perfection. It was unfair how his fluffy mint hair looked really good on him too. 

 

Jungkook gulped, no, he's been over this. He thought he was over this measely crush on the mint haired rapper. He thought he'd already move on but this- This was unfair. On a whole new level, Yoongi had successfully relit the fire in Jungkook's heart in a matter of minutes. All Jungkook's months of hard work, shattered by one gummy smile.

 

He didn't realize Yoongi's finished until he's face to face with the rapper. "It worked", Yoongi smiled gleefully, gums and everything (Jungkook can feel himself dying). "It's done, finished, completed! Thank you so much kid, you really helped" 

 

Jungkook flushed at the compliment. "It's not really... You could have done it by yourself"

 

"You're being too modest", Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I would have finished it, sure, but in another week or so because I never focus much on the bridges. And by that time I would've already lose too much hair and rest- I'll practically be one with a raccoon"

 

Jungkook laughed at the imagery, and Yoongi was suddenly striken with feelings at the sound (Like bell chimes- Yoongi could write melodies just on that laugh). Jungkook slowly stopped when Yoongi didn't make any movement. He became slightly uncomfortable. Did he say something wrong?

 

As if he heard the younger man's thoughts, Yoongi shook his head. "We- We should get coffee. Or ice-cream. There's also this new lamb kabab place down the street, a ten minute walk from university that we could go to. How's that sound? 

 

"Um" Jungkook said faintly. What was happening?

 

"Actually we can do that later. I still need to finalize the copy for this track and send it to my teacher. Afterwards, we'll go wherever you want"

 

"I- Sure?" Jungkook tilted his head. 

 

"Oh but before anything, how old are you kid? I need to know if I can harbor these feelings for you without feeling lic", Yoongi hummed while clicking the computer files.

 

"I'm nineteen, old enough" Jungkook defended himself. "Wait that's not the point. Feelings? Going out? Are you- Are you asking me on a date?"

 

"Was that not obvious enough kid?", Yoongi said exasporately as he rolls his eyes. "I could kiss you right now- For the song and that cute bunny look"

 

Jungkook turned away. Before Yoongi could feel rejected, a blush steadily rose in the other's face (This captured Yoongi's interest). Instead of being akward about it, Jungkook was flustered. He cleared his throat, glancing at Yoongi and away.

 

"I... I don't typically kiss until the third date", Jungkook muttered shyly.

 

That was all the comfirmation Yoongi needed. He smiled his gummy smile again, and Jungkook actually smiled back, instead of shying away. 

 

(Yoongi was hit with a full blown bunny smile. He could barely notice  the kid's overbite over himself dying - That smile was way too cute and illegal)

 

Safe to say, Yoongi got a phone number and complete song at the end of the day. Plus he now has to plan for an extra two dates in order to get that kiss. Though that's the least of his worries.  

 

"Today was a good day", Yoongi smiled to himself as he held hands with Jungkook.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Extra - 

He got that kiss earlier than planned, on the second date actually. Gdragon really does wonders, as Jungkook immideately smack him in the lips when shown the signed album (Courtesy of Namjoon's bestfriend Jackson who has a boat load of connections. Yoongi may or may not have threatened it out of the Chinese man, but no one needs to know that)

 

The End. 

 


 

A/N: 

 

Sorry it's short and lacking detail! I wrote it on my phone and really wanted to publish it. I wrote this in like a day lol opps

Anyways, maybe when my laptop's all fixed I can revamp this story and add in more drama or two?

But for now, have a sweet sugarcookie to brighten your day!

Thanks for those who subscribe, comment, and upvote~~

Love, Min