Bestfriends

Lost Without You

As Seungcheol was walking by the hallway carrying his books and hardly seeing the way, he bumps to a boy, a boy who is known as a misfit.

 

“Seungcheol, watch where you're going!” the misfit said, his chin held up high and with pride. Glaring at Seungcheol who was collecting his books that were scattered on the floor.

 

“I'm so sorry Jeonghan. I didn't see you.” Seungcheol bowed and fixed his glasses and smiled at Jeonghan. The other just scoffed and continued walking by the hallway. “Hyung! Are you alright? Did Jeonghan hurt you or anything?” One of Seungcheol's friends checked him for bruises around his body.

 

“I'm alright, Wonwoo. Nothing to worry about.” Seungcheol gave his friend a sincere smile. Right after then the bell rang, “Section A-7 please return to your classroom now.” an announcement was heard over the PA.

 

“Hyung I need to go, it's math class and you know how grumpy Mr. Song is.” Wonwoo laughed and waved goodbye to his friend and went back to his classroom.

 

Seungcheol then waited for Wonwoo to arrive in his room before he decided to use his 1-hour spare time by the school garden. Which was quite far.

 

By the time he entered the gates of the garden, he saw a girl who was hugging her legs and was crying, “Noona?” Seungcheol walked to the bench where the girl was sitting and sat beside her.

 

“I'm not a noona!” The girl, which turned out to be a boy, wiped his cheeks and faced Seungcheol. “Oh, it's you Jeonghan. Why are you crying?” Seungcheol said as he looked at Jeonghan in the eyes. “It's none of your business, Mr. President.” but Seungcheol insisted. “As *quote fingers* Mr. President *quote fingers* I want you to tell me why are you crying.” Seungcheol pat Jeonghan's back sympathetically.

 

“Don't you get it? I look weak. I look fragile. I am not who people think I am. I'm a fake. A failure.”

 

Seungcheol, knowing that what Jeonghan said wasn't quite the answer he expected, unknowingly hugged Jeonghan. Jeonghan was just quiet. He knew that whatever he did, Seungcheol wouldn't let go of his hug.

 

“Why are you so nice to me?” Jeonghan asked him, “No matter how much I'm so mean and cruel to you, how are you still so considerate of me?”

 

“Because I know.” Seungcheol let go of the hug and stared at the clear blue sky, “You won't be that cruel if you are not going through something hard in your life. You won't be so inconsiderate and disrespectful if no one is being disrespectful to you. I know that there's something inside of you that you shouldn't hide. And I'm here to listen.”

 

That answer made Jeonghan speechless. He never thought that someone was kind enough to think deeper and understand his situation.

 

Seungcheol smiled at him and closed his eyes to sleep, but before he was able to be in peace,

 

“So.. the Class President and Mr. Misfit are caught dating. Huh. Interesting.”