I Will Catch You

I Will Catch You

 

 

"Come on, go out with me!"

 

 

 

Seulgi flopped onto the sofa sitting in the living room, voice loud enough for Irene to hear from the laundry area in their dormitory. 

 

 

 

Off days are hard to come by and Seulgi just couldn't understand why her leader chooses to spend almost all of them at home, doing the same old thing repeatedly.

 

 

 

It was as if there was no end to the laundry doings.

 

 

 

"It's so hot out there, I don't want to perspire."

 

 

 

Irene reasoned back. 

 

 

 

"We can go to the mall."

 

 

 

"It's the same old things at the mall."

 

 

 

"How about ice skating? You said you wanted to learn!"

 

 

 

Seulgi dragged herself lazily to where Irene was at, pouting at her leader. With every moment that passed, her pout got more evident. There was a slight hesitation before Irene nodded her agreement. 

 

 

 

"I knew you can't resist my cute face!"

 

 

 

"You are a silly bear you know, Seul?"

 

 

 

Irene walked away to prepare herself, but not without a smile plastered on her face.

 

 

Seulgi wasn't wrong to say that. The younger girl indeed has ways to melt her heart and they both know it. 

 

 

 

They weren't expecting crowd, not when it was still schooling time and not to mention, examination period. Despite their mild effort in trying to stay low profile, it was hard to not be identified by the workers during the rental of skates. 

 

 

 

Irene merely watched her member entertained the staff with the friendly smile she always wears, off or on stage after they both left their signatures. Since she is inexperienced, she left everything to Seulgi's hands. 

 

 

 

"You need to leave the house and see more of the beauty in this world, Hyunnie."

 

 

 

Technically, Seulgi shouldn't be speaking informally to Irene especially in public, but it had always been their thing to drop the formalities.

 

 

 

It made them feel closer. 

 

 

 

"I live in a house with four beauties, isn't that enough?"

 

 

 

Seulgi chuckled at the words. "Music bank hosting really did wonder to you."

 

 

 

As soon as she spoke, she regretted.

 

 

 

It was the first Friday in more than a year that Irene wasn't at KBS broadcasting station but there, jobless and empty.

 

 

 

Every member could tell how much their eldest missed her job even before leaving. 

 

 

 

"And also, it's five beauties, okay?" 

 

 

 

"What five?" 

 

 

 

"You are the prettiest of us, give yourself more credit please."

 

 

 

The pinch of sadness that Irene was sporting just seconds ago vanished, replaced by patches of red on her cheeks upon the compliment.

 

 

 

Seulgi is always generous in praising her ever since their trainee days and people would think she had gotten used to it but truth to be told, those words from the human bear never once failed to tickle her on the inside; the good kind of tickle

 

 

 

"Am I going to fall a lot?"

 

 

 

Irene fiddled with her skates, her brows creased. Seulgi bent down instead, half kneeling to fix the sports wear. 

 

 

 

"I don't know but I will catch you." 

 

 

 

Maybe it was mindless, but it also represented Seulgi's subconscious of meaning her words.

 

 

 

Irene only hummed her respond, quietly watching her companion secured her shoes on her behalf, her lips curving against gravity unknowingly. 

 

 

 

She ruffled the hair as a form of expressing her gratitude, which in return was a semi-failed wink.

 

 

 

Nevertheless, her heart still skipped a beat. Seulgi offered her hand to the latter, pacing themselves slowly as they inched closer to the rink. 

 

 

 

Irene's body tensed when they entered the slippery ground, free hand glued to the railing as if her life was dependent on it. Even with a mask on, Seulgi could tell that Irene was biting her lips out of fear of falling. 

 

 

 

Playfully, Seulgi jerked their joint hands, to which Irene let out a muffled yelp. Giggles resounded through their area before they were overtaken by whining.

 

 

 

"Kang Seulgi!"

 

 

"Okay okay I will stop, I promise! Just relax and enjoy yourself."

 

 

 

"Don't let me fall.." 

 

 

 

Seulgi's eyes curved into crescents. She had always love it when the elder one depended greatly on her.

 

 

It made her felt wanted, needed.

 

 

 

"I will try, don't let go of my hand."

 

 

 

Slowly but surely, they were taking small steps around the perimeter of the rink. Seulgi should be bored by then, given that she is a fairly good skater, but her patience never seems to run out when it comes to her leader. 

 

 

 

"Hyunnie, look over here."

 

 

 

Affectionately, she called out to get attention from the girl who was putting all her attention on coordinating her steps. 

 

 

 

"Are you filming me?" Seulgi nodded. "Seul, I look stupid!"

 

 

 

"No you don't, you look adorable." 

 

 

 

Seulgi skated a little further away, filming a well concentrating Irene. Eventually, she focused on their intertwined hands, heart engulfed by warmness.

 

 

 

Through the screen, she studied how their palms fit so perfectly, as if their hands were mould to accuracy. 

 

 

 

The way the gaps between their fingers were sealed convinced Seulgi even further that she likes holding onto the petite girl. It was never really her part to initiate skinship with Irene but she would be the one who prolongs the moments.  

 

 

 

"Am I doing it right?"

 

 

 

"You are doing great, let's move a little quicker now okay?" 

 

 

 

They were barely minutes into picking up their speed when Irene almost slipped twice. Her startled expressions were too comical for Seulgi to resist her laughter, despite being protested at.

 

 

 

Reflexively, her free hand reached out to tap the sharp nose.

 

 

 

"You are too cute for this world!"

 

 

 

Irene made a face at her, though not without shyness. They stood face to face on the rather empty rink as Irene finally plucked up enough courage to let go of the rail, transferring her hold onto Seulgi's shoulder instead. 

 

 

 

"Hold me Seul! Hold me!"

 

 

 

Her shrieks cracked her member up and she gripped the shoulder tighter, leaning forward, almost into the embrace for support.

 

 

 

A scent lingered around, one not too familiar. Not so subtly, she sniffed harder through the mask.

 

 

 

"Do I smell nice?"

 

 

 

"Is this a new perfume?"

 

 

 

"As expected, our leader is so sensitive to scent." Their faces inches apart. "It's the one you said you liked the previous time we went shopping at the mall." 

 

 

 

"Didn't you say you prefer the other one?"

 

 

 

Seulgi took the lead to skate themselves around at a moderate speed, one that Irene had accustomed to and more relaxed about. 

 

 

 

"But you liked this one."

 

 

 

Irene's heart may or may not be blooming with joy after knowing that Seulgi valued her liking more than self preference. Seulgi knew her words made an effect on Irene, half smirking at the latter who quietened down while the face turned pinkish.

 

 

 

"So... Do you still like it?"

 

 

 

A head bobbed its nod to show approval of the new scent Seulgi was wearing, and she cranked up her smirk to a full grin.

 

 

 

She extended her hands, putting a good distance apart between them as she began to skate backwards, sight never leaving Irene who was beginning to find fun in the sports. 

 

 

 

Irene's laughter was like music to Seulgi's ears and they maintained their momentum through the rounds they took around the place, fully indulged in nothing but each other's company. 

 

 

 

"I'm getting tired…”

 

 

 

Seulgi decelerated at the middle of the field before she tugged Irene straight into her embrace, hands protectively around the tiny waist.

 

 

 

The arms that eventually s around her own body saved her faltering smile when she thought she wasn't getting a reciprocation. 

 

 

 

"We should come back again with the girls. I'm pretty sure Joy and Yerim will fill this place with their bloodcurdling, satanic laughter while Wendy will fall on her bum so often she will get bruises after."

 

 

 

Irene smiled fondly at the conjuring of the five of them having fun together, which Seulgi mirrored. 

 

 

 

"But Wendy is Olaf, so maybe ice skating would be her thing."

 

 

 

"Then maybe I will be the one getting bruises from all the falling instead."

 

 

 

Seulgi skated them back to the entrance, hopping over the latch before helping Irene to cross over. 

 

 

 

"No you wouldn't." 

 

 

 

As usual, she half kneeled before Irene to remove the skates, then looked at her leader.

 

 

 

"I will catch you, remember?" 

 

 

 

***

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

To hard to resist not writing a quick one; my SeulRene heart is happy ;')

I hope yours is too! 💖💛

Comments would be appreciated, but you (readers) enjoying it matters most!

Fastest I have ever written so I hope it's up to standard!

PS. I will update She Knew soon! 

想问一下,这里有中饭吗? 如果我把文翻成中文,有人想读吗?