presence

presence
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a bright and sunny day, and the two of them sat contently at the plaza’s center fountain. Tourists flitted about the area, simply passing through to get to other destinations, or stopping to take pictures of the landmarks. Victoria pointed out a lone man with a terrible ankle sock tan who was window shopping at the nearby souvenir stores. “Okay, what about him?”

Kyuhyun followed her focus and watched the man discreetly through his dark sunglasses before responding. “His name is Samuel, he’s 37 and currently having a midlife crisis. He’s run away to Europe to escape his loving but far-too-perfect family, on the assumption that he’s on a business trip.” He gestured towards the objects in the window, as Victoria hummed in amusement. “See? He’s looking at the souvenir shop because he wants to bring presents back home.” As the man disappeared into the shop Kyuhyun turned to Victoria with a smirk. 

However Victoria returned his gaze with a small pout. “That was boring. Nice try though,” she looked at Kyuhyun with a light smile and twinkle in her eye. “But a popular tourist location was a terrible place to play People Watching.” She stood up from the bench and began walking towards one of the side streets that led away from the popular plaza, and Kyuhyun weaved through the incoming crowd to catch up to her. 

“Victoria!” He called after her, trying as best he can to reach her without pushing the people around him. She looked over at him at the call of her name, and she gave him a bright smile before delving further into the opposing current of tourists. He groaned and all but gave up being polite to the sea of bodies surrounding him. Kyuhyun t

Please log in to read the full chapter