Final

Can I Have a Chance at This, Please?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun looks at a sleepy Kyungsoo with a wide grin. He took in the sight of his adorable best friend (and soon to be boyfriend, if Baekhyun isn't such a coward). Kyungsoo is rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand and fighting a yawn from escaping his plump lips. Baekhyun almost cooed at him and trap the guy in an embrace, but seeing the glare from Kyungsoo made him stop and value his life.

 

“What do you want, Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo's voice is a little rougher than normal because of sleep and it makes Baekhyun's insides tingle.

 

“Let's go for a ride?” Baekhyun asks, smile still intact which is a real contrast from the scowl on Kyungsoo's lips. People often wondered why a bright and happy kid like Baekhyun would rather stick with a grumpy kid like Kyungsoo. Well, they can wonder all they want, Baekhyun thinks, but I am glad I am the one who gets to see how amazing and beautiful Kyungsoo is.

 

“A ride?” Kyungsoo repeats and Baekhyun lets himself flinch a bit. Maybe this is a bad idea after all. “It's 10 p.m., I'm already asleep and I am planning to enjoy it because this is the first time in weeks that I managed to get into bed early, so what the ?”

 

“I'm sorry, Soo. I just... never mind. I'll just go and never bother you again.” Baekhyun says, fidgeting from where he is standing. “I mean, I can go by myself anyways. I can use the pillow fort I prepared at the back of my pickup by myself. I can enjoy stargazing by myself. Do fun things by myself. No biggie.”

 

Kyungsoo groans and rubbed his face with his two (cute, Baekhyun might add) hands. “Why. are. you. such. a. drama. queen?”

 

“I am not being a drama queen. I can seriously do all these things by myself. Sorry I even bothered you.”

 

“Fine, fine! I'll come with you. Stop whining and pouting like a kicked puppy! Honestly! ” Kyungsoo finally relents and Baekhyun did an embarrassing celebratory dance on Kyungsoo's front steps. “Wait for me here. I'll put on some decent clothes.” or don't put anything at all because I will surely appreciate that more, Baekhyun says inside his head.

 

----

 

Kyungsoo slammed the pickup's door. Baekhyun rolls his eyes and starts the engine. Who’s the drama queen now?

 

“Where are you taking me?” Kyungsoo asks and it was almost a snarl that Baekhyun almost feared for his life.

 

“Somewhere wonderful.” not as wonderful as you but, you know?, Baekhyun adds in his thoughts.

 

“This better be worth it.” Kyungsoo replies in a 'or else I will kill you' tone. Baekhyun relaxes, though, after Kyungsoo sighs and turns on the radio. Baekhyun loves these kinds of moments wherein they listen to some songs that will randomly play on the radio and they would sing. Baekhyun was once super confident with the beauty of his voice but when he heard Kyungsoo for the first time, Baekhyun thought that even angels would stop whatever they are doing just to watch and listen to his Kyungsoo (only he's not yet Baekhyun's but who knows... he might be, in the future). Their close friends loved the way their voices sound together, too. Chanyeol, being the one who knows about Baekhyun's love for Kyungsoo, joked that they are really meant to be and the only proof everyone needs is their voices singing love songs.

 

“So, why are you bringing me to 'somewhere wonderful'?” Kyungsoo asks after some time.

 

“I don't know. I feel like you're sad and tired. It is my job to keep you sane and make sure you're happy.” Baekhyun explains with a shrug.

 

“But who gave you that job? And why would you do this all for someone like me?” Kyungsoo replies softly and Baekhyun almost missed it. There he goes again, thinking that he's less than amazing. It makes Baekhyun sad and angry.

 

“In case you haven't noticed, I employed myself. I am your bestest friend in the world and that's enough reason for me to do these stuff.” Baekhyun huffs, his voice rising at every word.

 

“Bestest isn’t a word, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo informs his best friend,  “You didn't have to though. People hates the fact that you're friends with me. People hates me.” He squirms on his sit, uncomfortable. He sees Baekhyuns lips form a thin line and the grip he has on the steering wheel is too tight that Baekhyun's knuckles are almost white.

 

“Soo. Stop this. We came here to have fun, right? Stop this, okay? Maybe those people thinks bad about you but they don't know you. But I do. And guess what, our friends do too. I mean, have you forgotten Jongin who practically attached himself on you?  And Sehun may be the sassiest kid in town aside from me and Jongdae but he adores you, Soo. Everyone who knows you loves you. It's really hard not to.” Baekhyun tells Kyungsoo, heat travelling his cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo stayed quiet but Baekhyun knows he's probably questioning everything at once, thinking too much into things. It's a good thing they are finally on the place where they need to be. Baekhyun parks the car with a distance from others that will ensure some privacy.

 

“We're here, Soo. It's an open ground where people usually go to do some stargazing. I heard it from Chanyeol last week so I thought I will bring you here.” Baekhyun says as Kyungsoo opens the car door.

 

“It's nice.” Kyungsoo offers a small smile.

 

“Come on, let's go to the pillow fort at the back! Let's also take pictures to make the kids jealous.” Baekhyun jumps excitedly, grabbing Kyungsoo's hand. Baekhyun went up first and he offers his hands for Kyungsoo to take. The back of the pickup was usually empty but now, it's covered in Baekhyun's pastel blue blankets and his pillows. Kyungsoo thinks that it was so inviting so he proceeds to lie down and snuggle with the blankets and pillows.

 

“Is that the plushie you got from the arcade twelve years ago?” Kyungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter