1/1

Of Reunions and Awkward Confessions

Baekhyun isn't always this lame, in his defense. Sure, they haven't seen in each other in a good three years but that does not make it okay that he's smiling like an idiot and fidgeting as if he's nervous. He's not nervous. Baekhyun has never been nervous.

Has he? He's pretty confident he hadn't.

Until, of course, on the way to the train station he had bumped into a tall, lanky guy way above his height and all he could say was a repetitive of "sorry"s. It stopped when their eyes met and Baekhyun realized he had looked into those brown pair of eyes so many times in both his high school and college years.

Oh, how Sehun has grown. He's no longer wearing the glasses that used to perch on the bridge of his nose, instead adorning a cap and a fashion sense Baekhyun never knew he had. Has Sehun ever looked this good back then? Baekhyun couldn't remember exactly. They'd been friends but never close enough to exchange a thousand words.

The first eye to eye is awkward, as most would be for two people who weren't joined at the hips and had never met for the past three years. Baekhyun does wonder for a brief moment how he gets here, why he's even here, until he remembers that he's waiting for the next train, a massive backpack slowing him down with no particular place to go.

Sehun looks about the same.

At least he doesn't look as ridiculous as Baekhyun is.

They sit next to each other on the only empty bench left in a rather crowded train station, slowly falling into a comfort of conversation and catching up with what they have been doing after graduation. Rejected job interviews even with an excellent degree, a huge amount of times spent under their parents' roof while either mother of father nags on about not finding a job. In the end, Baekhyun feels as though he had been talking to another version of himself ( taller, more handsome version ).

And now they're both headed to the city. No place in mind to reach, just the big city.

No plans made at all, the two still growing men find themselves entering the train together and stopping at the same place. They walked and talked and ate and by sun down, there's a place downtown enough for two.

So they rented it.

Baekhyun doesn't remember how it got to this moment, really. He knows they've spent an awful lot of time with each other — accompanying each other for more job interviews, dinner, lunch, 3am cravings, falling asleep on the couch after a round of movies. He likes spending time with Sehun and from the looks of it, the feeling is mutual. Or so he thinks. He definitely hopes so.

He squeals in delight, certainly, when Sehun not so straightforwardly asked him out. A normal dinner, with a rather special air around them. And then Sehun had kissed him. Sehun had kissed him! The moment isn't too perfect — Sehun stuttered and got a little pissy at himself, but the kiss makes up for it (so did the kisses that followed back in their shared apartment).

So ask Baekhyun again how he met Sehun, and he wouldn't talk about being schoolmates in high school or sharing multiple classes in college. He would start with the moment they locked eyes at the train station, and how funny fate is to end them up here today.