Final

Warm on a Cold Night

There was a reason why Seulgi and Yeri never shared a room with each other. Everyone knew the two had a tendency to sleep in and they were very hard to wake up in the morning. So when the girls were sorting out the room arrangements they were shocked to see that the two were paired up with each other. Irene, Wendy, and Joy were hesitant to let the bear and the blonde dorm with each other, dreading the mess the two will make. Yet in the end, it all seemed to work out in the end.

 

                                                                                                                         ~~

 

It was a relatively chilly night and Yeri was shivering in bed. Winter was fast approaching and the many blankets did nothing to help block out of the cold. She looked over at Seulgi on the other side of the room and sighed frustratedly. 

 

How can that bear even sleep through this cold? she thought bitterly. The blonde tried burying herself further into her bed in hopes of getting warmer but failed. She gave up and let out a groan. 

 

"Yeri?" came a groggy voice. Yeri's head snapped over to the silhouette of her roommate before replying. 

 

"Yes?" 

 

Why are you still up?" 

 

"I can't sleep. It's too cold," the blonde said lamely, her cheeks burning in embarrassment. 

 

Seulgi sat up in bed and faced the younger. She saw a bundled form shivering in the dim moonlight. The bear moved around on her bed, creating space next to her and called out to Yeri. "You can sleep over here, if you want. I'll keep you warm." 

 

Yeri's cheeks burned even hotter, but not because of embarrassment. "O-Okay," she said and quickly hopped into her bed. Seulgi immediately wrapped her in the blanket and wrapped her arms around the girl, pulling her in closer. The close proximity of Seulgi's face to Yeri's made her heart flutter. The younger buried her head into the crook of the older's neck trying to hide her burning face. 

 

"Better?" Seulgi asked. Yeri could only nod her head in response. Seulgi smiled to herself and pulled the girl in closer. 

 

This continued on, every night Seulgi offered Yeri a spot on her bed with the younger immediately agreeing. It came to the point where the older didn't even have to ask. Some nights the two would stay up a bit longer and talk about anything on their minds. Seulgi would sometimes play music and the two would listen to it peacefully. Other nights, they would just stare off into space, just enjoying the others company.

 

Somewhere in the middle of this, the two grew closer and closer to one another. Unsaid feelings and emotions became clear as the two stared into the other's eyes. With tangled limbs and their arms wrapped around each other, they soon found themselves caught in a kiss. The two never really knew anything when it came to love, for they had never experienced it before. They were certain on one thing though, Seulgi is always going to be there to keep Yeri warm on a cold night, and many other nights.