Wedding Day

He Used To...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look beautiful Chaerin!" Bom gasped.

"You think so unnie?"

"Of course! Yongguk is going to be speechless when he sees you!" Dara encouraged.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and inspected every little detail. With a nervous smile I contented myself with how I looked and hoped that this was the best it could get. I'm getting married today to the love of my life, I want to at least be presentable for him when he sees me for the first time today. Our relationship has been one hell of a ride, but a ride that is totally worth it nonetheless. I still remember the night he proposed...

---FLASHBACK---

"Where are we going Yongguk?" I chuckled as he held his hands over my eyes and led me on a path to God knows where. "Be patient love, you'll find out soon enough." I could hear the gummy smile in his voice as we continued to walk forward. It was our fifth anniversary that night and he had planned a whole day for us then. It began with an early start with some breakfast in bed, then a trip to the mall where we caught a movie and did a little bit of shopping and some lunch. As the day was coming to an end, it was finally time for Yongguk's "big surprise" as he had put it that morning. After about five more minutes of walking we finally came to a stop, "Watch your step baby-girl...Ready?", I nodded and he uncovered my eyes, The first thing that caught my eye were the black stones that lined a path that lead to cherry blossom trees, organized in a circle making a small clearing area. In the trees were little lights that gave off dull light and a relaxing aura. I was in utter awe, "Yongguk this is beautiful..." I looked at him with a smile and was met with that gummy smile I love so much. "I'm glad you think so. C'mon, let's go inside." He took me hand and nodded towards the area inside the trees. Walking inside was another big surprise as we were met with some of our close friends, "Surprise! Happy anniversary!"

"Hi everyone!" I chuckled. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I invited everyone for the second occasion, I hope you don't mind." Yongguk said.

"No, not at all. Though what's the second occasion? Is it not only our anniversary...? Oh my gosh did I forget something?!" 

Yongguk and everyone else chuckled, "No Chaerin you didn't forget anything, and I highly doubt you'll forget this once it happens." 

I looked at him with questioning eyes, wondering what he was talking about. Yongguk took a deep breath while pulling something out of his pants pocket... and then got on one knee. OH. MY. GOD. My eyes widened as soon as I realized what was happening. Yongguk took another deep breath and smiled, "Chaerin, it's been seven years since the day I first met you. Six years since I declared you my best friend, and five years since I asked you to be my girlfriend. Though, after these crazy wonderful five years of being my girl, I think it's time to finally ask you to be my everything. So... Lee Chaerin, baddest female Seoul city ever had, love of my life, would you do me the immensely massive honor of becoming my Mrs. Bang?" And with that being said he opened the black velvet box to reveal the most gorgeous ring. 

"Yes!" I exclaimed and nodded my head non stop while trying to hold in the tears forming in my eyes.

"Really?!"

"Yes! Of course 'Yes', a million times YES!" I laughed.

His smile became even bigger as he took the ring form it's box and slid it onto my finger. Everyone cheered and clapped as he stood, lifted me into the air and kissed me. Yongguk twirled me around and hugged me, settling me back on my feet. "Happy aniversay baby." he whispered. I smiled and rested my forehead on his, "Happy anniversary." I whispered back.

---END OF FLASHBACK---

"Where's her veil Bommie?" Dara asked as she scrambled around the room littered with bridal accessories.

"Is it not in the box Dara?" 

"What box? Oh no did we not grab it from the car?!" Dara started to pace in a panic.

"Unnie don't panic, the wedding doesn't start till another half an hour. We have time." I chuckled, assuring her that she didn't need to be anxious.

"Really? Oh we'll go grab it now, c'mon Bom!" The two of them raced out of the room, car keys in hand. I chuckled and shook my head at their excitement. It was probably going to be a while till they got back so I fiddled with my dress some more while looking in the mirror, tucking the loose strands of hair back into place as well.

---KNOCK KNOCK---

Wondering who that could possibly be I walked over to the door and opened it. To my utter surprise, it was Nari... Yongguk's ex-girlfriend. I knew she was invited to the wedding but I didn't expect her to come see me before the ceremony. She had a distasteful look on her face as she looked me up and down, the vibes coming from her weren't pleasant at all. Brushing it off I greeted her anyway, "Hi Nari, what a pleasant surprise. What could I do for you?" Totally ignoring me she pushed past me and into my dressing r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter