My Vow To You

My Vow To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin? Are you okay?!” Sehun ran up to his husband.

Jongin as Sehun called him looked around confused “Wh-What? Where am I?” Sehun’s eyes widened.

He got down on his knees in front of him cupping his face “Baby.” He said softly.

Jongin stared at Sehun “Who are you?! Why are you calling me baby?!” he shouted backing away from Sehun scared.

“Jongin! It’s me, Sehun! Your husband!” he shouted reaching out towards Jongin.

Jongin’s eyes went wide “Hu-Husband?!” he shouted utterly confused.

“Do… Do you not remember me…?” Sehun asked slowly looking at Jongin.

Jongin stared at Sehun. He knew who Sehun was. They were friends growing up, right? He was sure that he knew who Sehun was. But what had happened to him? “Wh-What happened?”

“You were hit by a motorcyclist this morning. We’re back at home now. The doctor said you’d be fine after some sleep.” Sehun explained.

Jongin looked around, he was in a living room of a very nice looking house he was sure. But, was this their home? Did he live here? He’s never been here before. At least he didn’t remember anything.

“What’s the last thing you remember?” Sehun then asked bringing Jongin’s attention back to him.

 

Jongin stayed quiet thinking, what was the last thing he remembered? “I-I remember us walking into school together. It…. It was the first day of the new semester….” He whispered recalling the images playing like a movie in his mind “You… You were so excited to see everyone again…”

Sehun felt his tears…. He remembered that too. It was their senior year in high school. They were eighteen years old and had less than four months before graduation. That was nine almost ten years ago…

“That’s the last thing you remember?” he asked softly.

Jongin saw the tears in Sehun’s eyes, he felt his heart breaking at the sight of Sehun crying.. but why? Sehun never cried… he’s never seen Sehun cry before this.

“Wh-Why are you crying?”

Sehun broke into sobs “Your last memory, it’s of our senior year in high school. Nine years ago Jongin…”

Jongin’s eyes became wide as his eye sockets would allow. Nine years ago…? “Wh-What?”

“You’re turning twenty seven in three weeks Jongin.” Sehun whispered “Jongin, if that’s the last thing you remember… you’ve forgotten the last nine years of your life…” Sehun couldn’t even bear it anymore. He got up and ran up the stairs disappearing down the hallway leaving Jongin alone in their large living room.

Jongin stared after Sehun for quite some time. He hated seeing Sehun like this. His heart ached. He felt broken seeing Sehun like this. It hurt so much.

Looking around, Jongin slowly rose to his feet, holding the back of the couch for support at first. This was their living room, he felt like it was. He walked straight to the fireplace where he could see picture frames placed. The biggest one in the middle catching his attention.

A wedding picture. It was his and Sehun’s. so he really was married to Sehun? But how? Sehun was his best friend, that was it. Right? Everything was so confusing.

There were pictures lined up on either side of their wedding picture. Jongin felt like he knew the people in the pictures, but he couldn't remember anything about them, not their names, nothing. One caught his attention most. It stood right next to their wedding picture. Jongin stood with Sehun at his side and Sehun had a little girl resting on his hip. She was beautiful. She had Sehun's ivory skin and his deep chocolate eyes, she was absolutely beautiful.

"Daddy?" Jongin turned around.

The little girl in the picture stood before him. But she was older, her hair longer, she was taller too. He stared at her... Daddy?

She frowned "Daddy? Are you okay? Why is papa crying?" She asked, her voice filled with confusion.

Jongin didn't know what to say. Was this girl his daughter? His and Sehun's daughter?

"Daddy? What's wrong?" She asked even more worried walking up to him holding his hands.

"I... I don't remember anything..." He said softly.

"What do you mean you don't remember anything? What did you forget?" She asked.

"Mari, come here, give daddy some space for a little bit okay?" Sehun's voice filled the living room and the father and daughter looked at him as he came downstairs.

"Okay papa." She said running over to Sehun who leaned down and kissed her hair.

"Moonyoung's dad called me this morning, would you like to go over and play at her house for a while?" Jongin watched as Mari's face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Really?! Can I please?!"

Sehun chuckled "Of course baby, go get ready and I'll drop you off."

"Okay!" And she disappeared up the stairs.

Sehun looked at Jongin who had watched his daughter go upstairs. He walked up to Jongin and took his hand into his own catching all of Jongin's attention "Do you want to come with?" He asked softly.

Jongin frowned but nodded. He wanted to do whatever he could to remember.

To Sehun on the other hand though, it made no sense... The doctor's had said he would be completely fine with some rest and Jongin didn't get hit that hard from what he was told. So how? How did he end up with amnesia? It made no sense at all.

"Papa I'm ready!" Mari came back downstairs and right up to her parents. "Daddy are you coming too?"

Jongin smiled a little and nodded "I am." He said softly.

"Good!" She smiled.

 

"She's seven years old." Sehun started as they sat in the car in the empty parkinglot by the Han River. "She was born the year after we got married."

"I... I only remember up until our senior year, that morning, and you said that was nine years ago."

"You confessed to me the week before we graduated." Jongin watched as Sehun smiled softly "During that summer we were even more inseperable than before, it was a summer of a lot of firsts for both of us. I stayed in Busan for college, but you moved to Seoul for college."

Jongin tried to recall anything that Sehun talked about, but.... nothing came. He couldn't remember.

"You came home to visit during Christmas, we spent a lot of time together during Christmas break and with out families. And you came home during summer break too, but that summer is one that I will never ever forget."

"Why?" Jongin asked looking at Sehun.

Sehun turned to look at him and then held Jongin's hand. His left hand. "Because," He smiled softly "That was the summer you asked me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter