final

Love Me

Seokmin quickened his pace to meet Soonyoung who had awaited him for more than an hour from the time that they had agreed upon earlier. He panted between his steps and occasionally fixed his bag robe that slinging on his shoulder. Once Seokmin arrived at the campus garden, he saw Soonyoung had made an annoying face as he drummed his fingers against the wooden table which established there. He rubbed his nape awkwardly.

“It’s been a long time.” He giggled.

“Huh?” Soonyoung’s eyes glared some savage expression as if he wanted to pounce Seokmin.

“You, it’s been like a long time for us to meet,” said Seokmin as he placed his on the wooden chair.

He opened his mouth again since the latter did not react, only gazing at him. “Due to our schedule..” He was about to blabber anything but Soonyoung blew a hand to stop it.

“Go to the point, Lee Seokmin.” He directly stared at Seokmin without stopping his finger to drum the notes.

“I miss you, that’s all.” Seokmin beamed.

Soonyoung squinted. “That’s it?” The taller man nodded cheerfully.

Soonyoung sighed heavily. “You should know, Mr. Lee, i have just skipped one class because of you. I broke my record.” He fussed. Soonyoung was type of diligent colleagues in the campus.

Seokmin looked so down. “Sorry.” He muttered. “Do you miss us?” Seokmin lifted up his head to lock his eyes with Soonyoung. He missed to see his eyes everyday, usually when they were still together, Seokmin and Soonyoung would glance at each other.

Soonyoung chuckled. “Actually no since you’ve dumped me away since you cheated with Yuju behind me.” He raised one of his eyebrows. It was misunderstanding after all but Soonyoung was erse enough to hold his own opinion and ignore Seokmin’s explanation. Soon young was blind of love until his jealousy gnawed him when Seokmin was hanging out with Yuju once the transferred student arrived at the Seokmin’s department. 

The light brownish-haired man attempted to grab his finger but quickly Soonyoung put his hand on his jacket pocket.

“I’m sorry.” He uttered. Soonyoung shook his head.

“No sorry. Since your relationship with her is quite good, i don’t mind at all.” He rose from his seat and slung his bag on his shoulder.

“Sorry, I need to repay my absence in the next class. Bye you.” Immediately he took a leave and headed to his department building before anything worse occurred, the possible one led him into another heartbroken. Seokmin, who was left only spaced out into another sea of thoughts. He shed a tear.

A tapped on his shoulder knocked him out from his own reverie. Yuju smiled and sat beside him.

“It works?” She asked. Seokmin shook his head no. “No it’s not, Yuju.”

The girl frowned. She felt regret after all, she was only wanting to befriend with Seokmin but people sorted her as Seokmin’s fangirl. And Seokmin was gentlemen after all, he occasionally protected her from the fangirl and told them to let her alone. Now because of his gentlemen act, Soonyoung misunderstood of Seokmin and dodged him except Seokmin put some urgent message just as an excuse to meet him like before. “Sorry about that, Seokmin.” She apologised.

Seokmin drew a small smile on his face. “Yeah, that’s okay, I’m so dumb anyway. It’s honestly hard to get back his faith on me.” He shrugged but he was startling out of sudden because the dark aura he sensed behind him.

Two persons cleared out their throat behind Yuju and Seokmin which literally made them sat in straight position. “You kiddo, of course it’s hard to trust the same person who made a terrible mistake.” Someone said in heavy tone while another one giggled. They instantly turned their backs and pouted.
“Jeonghan hyung, Jisoo hyung.” Seokmin sulked. While the girl shocked. “Sunbae…”

“Make sure to get him back in the festive, Seokmin.” Jeonghan warned him as he petted Yuju’s hair sweetly.

“I will help you.” Jisoo smiled at him. In one blow Jeonghan stopped Yuju’s hair and slapped Jisoo’s arm slightly. “Jisoo, can you stop helping people?”

The latter rubbed his arm and made a face to Jeonghan. “I like to help him, also I want to make special song of someone.” He grinned. Jeonghan squinted his eyes. “Who’s that?” Jisoo squinted back. “You’ll know who.” Yuju rolled her eyes and stood up from her seat.“Sunbae…stop lovey-dovey, just make out already.”

Jisoo and Jeonghan instantly stopped then locking their gaze on the girl. “Yuju, we are not a couple.” They said synchronically. Seokmin remained silent.

Yuju frowned and slid her hand around Seokmin. “Yeah, whatever. Let’s go Seokmin, let’s find my boyfriend.” She dragged him along to find the single boy inside the campus who had interest at him.

Jeonghan gripped his fist just because the spoiled kid was literally a girl, not a boy. He could not punch her anyway, so he only did yelling,“YAK KIDDO!”

Jisoo grabbed his shoulder as he gave a slight massage to Jeonghan’s stiff shoulder. “Yoon Jeonghan, be patient.” He comforted him. The latter just hissed.

“It’s you who did it first, what you hide from me?” He fussed. Jisoo merely giggled around.

“It’s..” He was about to whisper more if only Seungcheol did not interrupt with his wide smile while pulling the small guy in his embrace in sulking look. “Jeonghan and Jisoo.” His free hand waved enthusiastically until Seungcheol stood before them.

“Choi Seungcheol, could you stop dragging me, I need to finish my business.” The small guy insisted to let his finger out from Seungcheol’s grip, once it released, his tiny body was hugged by Jeonghan.

“Lee Jihoon!” He screamed out as he patted the small guy named Jihoon. He puffed his cheek. “Told ya to stop dragging me here.” He sulked. Seungcheol drew a slight smile. “Girl usually follows her boyfriend anywhere.” His slight smiled widened. Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“I’m a man not a girl, it’s you who so girly, Seungcheol.” He gave a death look.

Seungcheol instantly pursued one’s lips and pretended sulking around. “You break my heart.” Jihoon did not bother himself to fight back and started his quarrel with his boyfriend since he always protected Seungcheol’s heart to not fight over something.

Jeonghan tightened his grip on Jihoon until made him suffocating. “Oh my squishy Jihoon.”

“Jisoo hyung, could you drag your boyfriend to..” Jihoon was panting while speaking up his mind to release himself, and luckily Jeonghan released him to take a break also giving a stare.

“He is not my boyfriend.” Jeonghan backed off.

Seungcheol whistled. “Someone break someone’s heart.” Directly Jisoo nudged his stomach slightly and glared at him. “Your mouth Choi Seungcheol.” Jeonghan narrowed his eyes again and found it weird.

 

Right in another corner of the campus, in different building, Soonyoung stepped his foot quickly and reached the same spot as usual he spent his break there. He threw his bad onto the table. The people at his favourite spot surprised at his sudden act. “Soonyoung!” They yelled in the same times.
Won woo gave a hands up and high five just like a swag greeting once they did like a habit during the short course in New York. “What’s up bro.”
Soonyoung curled a smile. “So bad, so fine, i dunno.” He shrugged. Wonwoo narrowed his eyes.

“Tell us what happen.”

He took a long breath before spilling out the scene. “Seokmin talked to me again.”

Mingyu choked after sipping his mango juice.“That’s cool.” He reclaimed which instantly made his boyfriend gave a dark look. “Kim Mingyu, zip your mouth please.” Mingyu nodded like an obeying kid. “So?” Wonwoo raised his eyebrow.

Soonyoung became nervous, he was always being like that just because of Seokmin. No matter how much he hate Seokmin, he always became nervous of him. No matter how much painful his heart saw that person, on the other side he always missed him like he needed him by his side. “He is with Yuju. But…” He looked so gloomy and he dodged Wonwoo’s eyes that tried to read his expression by looking at his watch and grabbing his bag again. Soon young raised from the seat. “I need to go, I have a class. Bye guys.” He immediately left them dumbfounding, Wonwoo and Mingyu exchanged glance.

“Do you think he still has a feeling toward Seokmin?” Mingyu uttered as he started the topic while they kept watching Soonyoung’s back that getting far from them. Won woo shrugged.

“I guess so. He is a bit timid to admit it.”

Mingyu bobbed his head. “Yeah.”

“Perhaps he just can’t forgive him until now.” Mingyu immediately pivoted his eyes on Wonwoo who staring blank at the building. “Just like me.” Won woo blurted out.

Mingyu widened his eyes. “You?!” He shocked.

Wonwoo chuckled. “Yes I am, Kim Mingyu.” The latter raised up. Mingyu gave a confused face to him. “Sorry.”

Won woo shook his head as a sign that he was still unable to forgive his boyfriend. “Can’t help. I want to meet Jisoo hyung first. Meet ya later, Mingyu.” He waved as he took his laptop and his phone away from the table before heading to another building for his business.

“Babe, wait.” Mingyu was late, his lover had gone to do his duty while he ended up being so emo, the flower boy was in gloomy mode and blaming himself.  “You are so helpless, Mingyu.”


 

A few days after that Seokmin and Jisoo were in the music room. They needed to check some musical instruments due to Jihoon’s instruction as a part of music club then they would be preparing themselves for the performance for the festive for mid-spring in their university. Once they practiced for their performance, Seokmin suddenly changed the music into the gloomy tune while Jisoo stringed some acoustic tune into his guitar. “Hyung, help me.” Seokmin whined as he scattered the paper to the floor.

Lucky, Jihoon was not there or he would be so mad because he was keeping music sheets and lyric papers for himself, for the good reasons because Seokmin would unintentionally put it somewhere and lose it due to his short-term memory. Jisoo put back his guitar to the bag. “What’s that?” He asked concernedly as he stood up and drew closer to Seokmin.

“Help me to do the confession.” He pouted and looked like so helpless yet not, it was because he was lack of any idea to get back his hamster boy to his embrace. Jisoo tilted his head to the side and pulled out his phone from his pocket. Seokmin looked at him with tons of questions inside his brain as Jisoo typed his finger swiftly on the screen. A melody was heard, it was a sweet tune from guitar with some beats and melodies of flute accompanying. Totally was sweet and unique but something catches Seokmin’s ear was the song. Jisoo stopped it. Seokmin squinted his eyes as he needed to ask furthermore at Jisoo about that song.

“I have a mix-acoustic arrangements. I made it last night.” He glimpsed at the screen. Seokmin gaped at how fast the pretty notes came out from Hong Jisoo, the noble of his department. The role of good brother and student in their university.

“Cool, how you do it?” Seokmin clapped his hand and praised too much.

“I was bored last night, so I made it.” Jisoo smiled shyly while dragging his guitar again along with the chair to seat on. Jisoo replayed the tune. Seokmin jammed at the melody.

“Did you finish your assignment?” He asked out of sudden. Jisoo nodded.

“I did it. I have uploaded it too.” Seokmin shook his head unbelievingly at the fact when smart person became bored and did productive thing like him. Then they continued to practice with new melody and arrangement.

 

-
Right at the day, the festive day, whole campus came into the auditorium and took their reservation seat there. Soonyoung, the one who avoided that day since he heard from his classmate, Seungkwan that Seokmin would perform. But the reason that made him agreeing the offer was Hong Jisoo. None would reject the offer by Jisoo. If only Jisoo did not say he planning about do a confession, Soonyoung would not come.

 

Now he was sitting at the soft feather-skin seat along with Wonwoo and Jeonghan by his side. He never knew what would happen next so he just sat calmly and watched the performance. One by one, the performance got better this year than last year where Soonyoung had to decide out from the yearly committee because of the worst performance. Only Jisoo saved the day last year. Now it was Jihoon’s turn to save the performance under his command. Soon young’s eyes trailed as he questioned where Seokmin was. But once the melody by guitar string and a light on him, he stunned. He heard Seokmin’s voice filling up the room. Slowly his heartthrob went crazy, even he could not handle his own breath. He needed to get out from the room as soon as possible, he did not want the same feeling coming again and killing him softly. But in a second, Seokmin was there, among the audience and standing in the row where Soonyoung seated. He kept singing along with Jisoo as taking a role as backup singer.

But in another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

That boy offered a hand. Jeonghan and Wonwoo elbowed him to get up immediately and took his hand before the music stopped. Not further ado, not wanting to shame himself more, he just obeyed his friend’s suggestion. With those guts, with those self-control, Soonyoung let Seokmin intertwining their hand as they downed the stairs heading to the stage where Jisoo had stood by there with his beloved guitar. The music stopped, the whole room confused, yet another melody came out from piano. Jisoo and Seokmin sang again but in different position since Jisoo was strumming his guitar while Seokmin holding Soonyoung’s hand eyes then spilling out his heart by the song.

Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you, I love you

Unconditional, unconditionally
I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally


The audience cooed them. It was too sweet when Seokmin daringly pecked Soonyoung’s temple in front of them and letting the latter stunned in many question and scenario in his mind. Seokmin’s sweet and intoxicated voice now made Soonyoung dived into another fairytale. The taller one leaned closer to his ear. “I still love you.” He said.

That four words literally made him blushing and could not breathe properly. His munching cheek puffed as he fixed his eyes on Seokmin who sang the song with appreciation. It was another song, it was like a medley for this year’s performance.

So now, I don't negotiate with insecurities
They're gonna have to take a back seat
I know I have to love myself, the way I want you to...

...love me,
No more second guessing
No, there’s no more questioning
I’ll be the one defining who I'm gonna be
No concealing feelings, or changing seasonally
I’m gonna love myself, the way I want you to love me

 

Seokmin hit the highest note. Once the music stopped and Jisoo offered the floor for Seokmin and Soonyoung to give a last bow. The audience gave a standing applause at them. But it was not finished. Seungkwan arrived with a bouquet of roses. Everyone was about cooing again but Seungkwan signalled them to be quiet. He put his mic before his lips.

“So, it’s dedication song i guess? You both are fans of Katy Perry hm?” Seungkwan interviewed them. Jisoo giggled, also with Seokmin.

“We like the music and Jisoo hyung made the arrangements so yeah it turned out like this.” Everyone clapped their hands again.

“Any words since you brought someone on the stage?” Seokmin nodded swiftly and kneeled down in one second. His hand held Soonyoung’s hand.

“In the end, I could reach you. It need two lifetime or more to have you by my side. Please forgive me for all I did. For all the mistake. I can’t live without you. Please give me a chance, please love me again, not in the same way but love me like you don’t wanna lose me anymore.”

Soon young was speechless. He never felt this before. He still stunned at the moment where Seokmin asking him as if he was proposing him for their future. A tear ran down on his chubby cheek which literally made Seokmin standing up and wiping it out. Soon young hugged him suddenly.

“Please don’t break my heart anymore.” He bursted in tears as Seokmin caressed his back and smiled in relief. Everyone was happy to see them. Seokmin would always find his way to get him back no matter what, even though Soonyoung forgot his past lifetime where he always let Seokmin go out from his life but now, their happiness was when they were inseparable.

“But now, let hear from another side.” Seungkwan put another view where Jisoo was about to leave the stage. Jisoo stopped the pace. He grimaced.

“Do you want to say something?” Seungkwan asked. Jisoo hesitantly rolled his eyes and winked but failed. “This song was for you, Hannie.” Jisoo immediately left to the backstage while everyone instantly found the Hannie person while Jeonghan covered his shocking face where the person he meant before was himself. Jeonghan was very lucky to have a shy gentlemen that shared the mutual feeling with him.

 

It was the end where love would find the way to get back to the place it supposed to be. Just need a time and more effort to make it stay with you.

 


the songs are :
- the one that got away

- unconditionally

-love me

all from katy perry

so please drop your comment below readernim, if you like it please click the upvote