prologue

Beastly [ 이천 마녀 ]

Current Title: Icheon Witch
Author(s): JustAnotherYear
Updated: Jun 29, 2016
Published: Jun 29, 2016
Status: On-going, Length: Chaptered(15), 
Tags: drama, mystery, schoollife, paranormal, angst

 

The beast looked longingly to the foreign land, a sigh weighing heavily on her heart. She watched the elegant creatures, the majestic beings dancing on two legs. She watched as their fur, sitting atop their head, danced gently in the wind, cascading down the beautiful beings back, caressing their faces and flowing in the breeze. Oh how she longed to be with them, dance with them, sing with them... be them...


But as she looked on, her horrid appearance became more and more grotesque. Her body covered in fur, her snout protruding from her ill shaped face. She hated her appearance, hated what she was.


The sound of purring reached her in time for her to notice the tiger coming up behind her. She wasn't afraid, the monster was her friend. The other made her way to the beast and the beast saw her own longing mirrored in the others face. She drew her attention back to the strongly beautiful creatures.


'One day bear, one day soon, I will be among them and they will fall to their knees at my beauty... One day I will walk among them and they, will long for me.'


The beasts heart lurched, her friend was always the most curious of the two, the most courageous. But she still couldn't believe what she was saying. Walk among them? They will long for her? What did it even mean?
There was only one place for the two monsters and that was the dark.


But oh how she longed to have those words be true. How she wished there was any possible way she could be amongst the stars and shine just as bright. Her friend rose and turned her back on the beautiful sight her tail raised high in the air. And something about her confidence had the beast hesitating her doubt. Her friend had never been one to talk for the sake of hearing her own voice. The tiger was loyal, her words holding the truth bound by life. As the bear took one last glance at the creatures she rose and followed, knowing that the next time she saw them she would be one of them.