PILOT

The Five Steps Between Our Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun climbed up the metal stairs to the second level of the apartment building. The stairs were creaking due to Baekhyun’s weight, which caused him to shudder all the way to the top. He was carrying a bulgy backpack on his shoulders and a heavy box therefore he was unable to hold onto the banister which made him even more antsy. The weather was not helping him at all, the sun managed to be in its hottest temperature that day.

He exhaled in contentment after finally reaching the second floor, then he went straight to unit number 25. His new apartment he bought with his savings, he used to live together with his best friend Kim Junmyeon in the apartment near their college’s building but now that they had graduated school, Baekhyun decided to start a new chapter by independently searching for apartment and live on his own.

His breath was a little shaky when he entered the key and turned it to unlock the door. He was nervous, it was going to be the first time in his life to live alone.

 

His apartment was small, but it was decent and comfortable for Baekhyun to live alone.

There was only one room, the small living room and the kitchen island were divided merely by two collumns of tiles but it was enough for Baekhyun and the cost was reasonable.

He had called the moving service a day before to move his furniture from Junmyeon’s apartment, but after finally having his own space he realized he didn’t own much.

A rusty couch for two occupants, A small television which had always sat on the corner of Junmyeon’s apartment living room because they used Junmyeon’s TV instead and  an old fluffy carpet that they had always used in the living room.

Baekhyun had realized a week before moving in that he didn’t have a bed of his own. They both had always been sleeping together in Junmyeon’s bed, because of various reasons : 1) the room was cramped enough with Junmyeon’s full sized bed and 2) Junmyeon’s bed is the best.

Knowing that his friend didn’t own a bed, Junmyeon had insisted to buy him one even though Baekhyun had rejected it. This morning before Baekhyun really leaving Junmyeon’s apartment, Junmyeon announced that he had had the bed sent to Baekhyun’s new apartment.

He had kicked Junmyeon’s for not listening to him, but was still grateful for Junmyeon’s kind gesture of sending him off to live alone.

“what do you mean sending you off? I’m not going to just disappear from your life just because you moved out of our apartment.” Junmyeon had said when Baekhyun thanked him earlier. Junmyeon always said that it was their apartment but Baekhyun couldn’t quite consider it that way since he had always paid only a quarter part of the apartment’s cost..

 

Baekhyun went to the bedroom and found Junmyeon’s given bed there, it was a twin sized bed and almost occupied the entir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter