Two

A demon's contract

 

Palace

 

Days of following the prince around was starting to get on his nerves. Top had tempted him with beauty, power, wealth (not that he needed it) and even ual gratification, none of it worked.

Daesung might as well be a monk.

The prince was more than happy to spend his days giving his care to poor people, studying and playing with his younger brother.

They are now sitting at the veranda in the massive palace garden. The prince had carried a huge load of studying materials, up and off not giving a crap to the demon who had turned up randomly every now and then.

"Enough with the studying. Tell me what you want already."

"Hmm~ There is one thing I really want though." Daesung looked up briefly from his scrolls and books to look at the demon, his forehead creased with a frown.

"A smaller nose? Cause you know, it's really gigantic." Top nodded his head. He was running out of ideas and he really wanted to have some fun, to torment the soul he had his eyes on.

"What?! Shut up! I'm fine with my nose. Proud of it, even." The prince took a deep breath to regain his composure and looked at Top sheepishly, "I want to us to be friends. I don't like to see you lonely."

Top scoffed at his notions. "Friends? I can't make a contract out of that!"

"Well, that's too bad. So, friends?"

"I'm after your soul if you hadn't forget."

"No, but I also know that you can't harm me physically. Besides, being my friend gives you an advantage, you can stay and find my weakness."

"Try making a friend out of me, nosey. I do as I please." Dang, that demon had a mean temper and a meaner mouth.

"Sure." Daesung shrugged and went back to his studies leaving the archdemon a little dumbfounded.

But really, who is the one doing as he pleases?

____

 

Underworld

 


He should make his move.

Top had been back a few times. Each time he seemed more irritated. He would take his whip and just beat up any souls in sight, even beating up a few of lesser demons. The whip swished and bit deep, being one of the recipients, G-dragon didn't dare to approach Top to tell him of his plans.

He had chosen a target. Someone who is close to Daesung. Someone who can be easily manipulated if he moved accordingly. 

The youngest prince, Seungri.

There was a person within the palace who practiced dark arts and could most likely be able to assist him. He shouldn't be wasting anymore time.

"Daesung, you better be prepared, for I'm going to take your precious brother!" He yelled into the endless land of sand and fire, laughing, celebrating a beginning to his ingenuous plan.

He did not see a figure sneak away from a rock behind him.

___

'Mortal world is so boring.' Top had thought as he walked through the gate to hell.

"Friends?" Laughing as he said the word. Yet, emptiness echoed in his laughter. "I, the powerful archdemon Top, have no need for such mundane ."

He held out his hand, a whip appeared in his hand. Satisfied by the leathery feel in his hand, he proceeds to the lowest level of the underworld, where the worst of sinners dwelled.

Time to let loose some steam.

With each smile of the prince that flashed across his mind, he put forth more force into the whip.

Why does that annoying boy gets to him so bad?

Damn it.

Damn the laws of the realms.

They are much like ghosts, body-less. If not, people will be bumping into them everywhere.

If only...

*Crack!*

He whips at the hoards of fallen souls.

*Crack! Crack! Crack!*

He could only imagine that face with his smile wiped off within the crowd...

He swings harder.

*Crack!*

That face screaming in pain....

*Crack!*

One day....

*Crack!*

_______

 

Heaven

 

Being a bystander, waiting for a chance to intervene, Sol is always on the alert should anything happens to Daesung.

However, a friend stood with him recently.

"I see you're here again." 

"I've been sent to keep an eye on the youngest prince. It seems like the demons have decided to make a move on him."

"How did you know, Dara?"

"Because I'm a half and half, remember? I go places that you can't."

Dara, the half angel and half demon was the result of a cruel experiment that one of the archdemon carried out hundreds of years ago. Unlike a fallen angel, Dara was kidnapped against the rules of the Game. Taking the heart of a demon, the archdemon fused it with that of an angel, Dara.

Originally created to infiltrate heaven, Dara's goodness had won over the evil inside. Not that it was easy, she was constantly in pain, a demon's heart was embedded with the fire of hell and the unbeating, fiery heart almost consumed her beating heart. Unlike the demon's heart, an angel has a beating heart, pumping fluid much like holy water throughout the body.

Sadly, her condition was irreversible. It was a lone battle Dara had to fight, mentally and physically.

The archdemon was locked away for a hundred years as a punishment.

There were times when her vision turns red, all she saw was red and all she felt was hate. She hated everything and everyone.
There were times when everything was alright again, she would pray and pray for forgiveness.

Her head hurts, her hearts hurt.

Eventually, she overcame the evil within even though they were unable to return her heart to normal but the fire and water had managed to adapt to the other, the fire kept in control by the holy liquid should it start to get out of control.

Despite protests from some angels, God took her back into heaven for she had not committed any sins against the heavens. From then she made good use of the demon heart given to her, Sneaking into the otherworld as only a demon would be granted access through the gates of hell.

"Dearest Dara, please take care not to get caught." Sol cautioned.

"Yes, Sol-nim."


___

 

Palace

 

"Are you there demon? I can sense you." She said, leisurely lighting up two candles, placing them on the floor, preparing for a ritual to summon the presence in the room.

Using a small knife, she cuts her own finger, drawing a summoming symbol on the floor. She chanted, lighting black incense used only in dark magic and stuck them in the incense pot between the candles.

Slowly, G-Dragon materialized in front of her.

"Yo, ahjumma."

"Who's an ahjumma?! Want to be burned by my magic?!"

As a witch, Chaerin had lived for a century absorbing one's youth using her dark magic to maintain her own. She moved from town to town, concealing her true identity. As a concubine in the palace, she used her powers to take bits of it from her many servants.

Fanning herself, she managed to keep her temper in check, worried about wrinkles which might form."What do you want, you ty demon?"

"I need your assistance, ahjumma."

"Stop with the 'ahjumma'! My name is Chaerin What is your name, ty demon?"

"I am G-Dragon. I have come to form a contract with the youngest prince but cannot summon me as he knows not of my existence."

"And my reward for lending assistance?" 

A corner of his lips lifted. What he offered would be irresistible to the witch. It would be a small price to pay, a small piece to a bigger picture.

Not even Top knows of the extent to his final plans.

"His youth. When I'm through with him"

"Done."

____

It was out of character for concubine Lee to visit him, he was never favored by her. In fact, they both detested each other.
It was new to hear the commander announce her arrival at his room.

Chaerin entered the room as if it were her own. "How uncouthly, not greeting a lady when she comes visiting."

Seungri really wanted to wipe that arrogant expression off her face. It was her intruding and yet she dared to show an attitude. No, he wasn't one to lose out.

"Hello, lady Lee. You do know that your rank is lower than that of a prince. Shouldn't you be the one showing proper manners?" He retorted while still seated.


'Pesky little thing.' She curtsied nonetheless. "I have tea and sweets. Since we are both not keen to be in each other's company, I will just leave them on the table."

____


Seungri was deeply asleep, seated on the chair and head resting on the table, as she returned to the room after some time. The tea and sweets had been laced with sleeping drug and the unsuspecting prince ate them.

Lady Lee daringly slaps the prince's face but the sleeping drug was strong. She pushed him so that he would fall off the chair, even then, he did not stir.

She smirked, satisfied, and took out the same knife she used for her rituals to make a cut on the prince's finger, collecting the red droplets into a small vial.

She had obtained the vital ingredient to complete her part of the deal.

____

Palace

 

The prince kept chattering away about his past, his likes and dislikes. He was happy to have company even if he was the only one talking.

Even if his companion wasn't human.

Daesung was drifting off, mumbling incoherently, while Top sat by his side on the bed.

After venting his rage in the underworld, he went back to Daesung's side. He doesn't quite understand this person still. Daesung had effectively rendered his rank as an archdemon useless and it angered him so. He was a feared being, yet this prince treated him without. Was Daesung belittling him?

But one thing he did know.

His obsession for the prince was becoming real.

 


 

This chapter isn't really good, I kinda rushed it. As some of you might know, my phone is broken into pieces and so are the drafts stored inside. I had to re write everything from scratch. Also, new characters! This is turning out way more complicated than I originally planned~

P.s I'm sorry about the random lame jokes, it was getting a little too serious for my liking.