End

You Don't Understand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am not normal. My brain works differently. People like you don't understand because only I can hear my thoughts hammering my head with useless things. I was born in a normal family, a father, a mother, a younger brother and a younger sister but why am I the only one like this? I haven't experienced something traumatic where I have to witness my parents fight and divorce or anything like that.

No, it's something different; I experienced a different childhood. My heart is filled with hatred yet I don't understand why. What I experienced was not a big problem to others but it was so unfair. I hate it so much that I feel something like this; hatred, anger, resentment and negative feelings.

I once told my younger sister that I would die when I reach 30. She looked at me with pitiful eyes and kept asking me why. The reason was simple; because there is no reason for me to live. I simply live my life so my parents do not have to worry, acting like the son they perceive me to be. The normal kid that is like everyone else, even though my brain works like a broken artificial intelligence.

 

"Jimin, before I take a chair and throw it at your face, eat your damn pizza," Taehyung called out to his best friend. Jimin groaned and got up from his couch, lazily walking to the table and sat down. He took a slice and ate it, chewing slowly with his eyes drooping.

"Taehyung, why did you order like, five extra large pizzas? We are never gonna finish it!" Jimin threw his hands in the air as he finished his slice and took another one, taking one big bite.

"Is that a challenge?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows and pointed at Jimin. "Is that a challenge?" He smirked before he pointed to the wall clock hanging above the fridge. "In forty-five minutes we will finish everything, with me pretty much eating everything."

 

"Taehyung, what the hell you ate everything! I didn't eat !" Jimin propped his elbow on the table and rested his cheek on his hand. His face frowned as he saw his closest friend eat the last slice in one bite. "It's only been thirty minutes!"

"I never back down from a challenge!" Taehyung laughed as he his hands cleaned, giving the messy haired boy a thumbs up. Jimin rolled his eyes and called his domestic helper to clean up the table. The bespectacled boy smiled and took out a stack of papers.

"I'm gonna go to the mental hospital, wanna come?"

"Errr."

"My GPA is 3.35 but I'm way smarter than that so I'm doing the IQ test so I can show to whatever university I want to get into that I'm smarter than whatever shows."

"I wanna know how smart I am too." Jimin took out his wallet and took out a few fifty dollar notes.

"You think this is enough to pay for the test or do I need more?"

"Rich bastard.... The full report thing is like eight hundred bucks." Taehyung adjusted his spectacles and looked grudgingly as Jimin took out, even more, fifty dollar notes.

 

"So I'm 210 and you are 234. Nice number." Taehyung looked at the report with his best friend beside him. The seat underneath them was uncomfortable, to say the least. It was scorching hot as the sun shone brightly on the shiny metal surface that was finally covered by the two.

The entire world seemed to be in place. There were families walking around the park, the water fountain looked as pretty as ever, and there was an ice-cream parlour within sight. However, inside a certain brain, there was chaos, there was insanity, there was...

A pigeon!

The distracted boy walked to the harmless bird and stomped his right foot a meter away from the bird. The unaware bird, in fear, flapped its wings and flew towards the elderly couple sitting by the tree. They were shocked and chased the pigeon away with their frail and wrinkly hands.

"Taehyung what are you doing?" A deadpanned voice asked.

"I just felt like it." He shrugged.

Taehyung walked back to sit on the blazing hot, metal bench and took the results from Jimin's hands. "They said I could have gotten a higher grade but because of my ADHD, my IQ score became 210."

Jimin nodded at the information and yawned, patting his stomach. "I'm hungry."

"Looks like today is a sunny day," Taehyung smiled and kept the results in his bag, "ice cream?"

 

"I am just happy to be alive this year."

"So what do you wish for next year?" My dad asked as we sat in a circle in the living room. Our family tradition.

"I wish to be alive," I answered calmly.

"And well?" My sister chirped as she looked at me with bright, innocent eyes.

"No Maeyoung, I will never wish for it to be well."

"Why?" She looked like she was about to cry. The youngest child, the one who experienced many, many things I wanted to experience when I was her age.

"Because in my life, there's no such thing as well. I'm just glad I'm still breathing."

"Taehyung!" My mother harshly whispered to me, "don't say things like that!"

My mother is someone I can never get along with. She doesn't understand the slightest of my feelings.

 

Taehyung was walking to the bus stop like any other day. He was third in line in the queue. The bus came thirty minutes later, already having a long line behind him. Taehyung walked up the stairs only to have a huge, fat middle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter