1/1

Ghosts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I'm being haunted…?” The words fell out of Jinhwan’s mouth dubiously his eyes darting between his two best friends, one looking obviously terrified while the other looked half part mortified and the other part curious- “You actually expect me to believe that I'm being haunted?”

Bobby, the one who looked as if he couldn't just stay with one emotion, slammed his hand against the table they were huddled by catching almost everyone's attention in the small café. “Come on, flickering lights, tapping sounds, footsteps, voices! Those are all signs of a haunting hyung!”

Well excuse him for being skeptical. He didn't believe in stuff like that, didn't feel the need to either- he was too busy trying not to flunk out of University (or possibly die from lack of sleep or lack of eating)- he didn't care about the supernatural.

He wanted it out of his apartment!

Hanbin, his other best friend who’s complexion was turning a alarming pale quickly, sipped at his tea before clearing his throat and inputting “I know someone” Both Bobby and him shot Hanbin an almost disgusted look (though Jinhwan was sure it was probably for different reasons) but Hanbin rushed on “He's the real deal, I'm serious!”

“You know people like that- oh God, don't the ghosts follow you when you hang around whoever this is?” Bobby hissed edging away from Hanbin, and the table, like the coward he was. Jinhwan rolled his eyes and folded his hands neatly atop the table before he questioned “I didn't know you even believed in stuff like this Hanbin”

Hanbin shrugged and replied “I don't talk about it because I don't want to get involved in it, those things scare the life out of me” Bobby was still giving Hanbin a side look which only further added on to the irritation he had towards his friend’s immaturity, but he didn't let it lapse him from his thoughts “So this person…”

Hanbin perked up and quickly added on “A lot of kids go to him when they think their dorms are haunted and such, they say that he can see and talk to them” “Oh my God!” Bobby screeched his face petrified catching everyone attention again, this time grumbles started to come out of every ones mouth and Bobbt quickly began to mumble out apologies.

“And you know this kid?” “Well…no, but Yunhyeong does and so does Donghyuk and Junhoe- that's their best friend” And Jinhwan didn't know this kid? How was that possible? He was good friends with all three of them, but he's never noticed anyone hanging around them. “He's a freshman hyung” Hanbin added causing doubts to resurface in Jinhwan almost immediately.

“I'll think about it Binni, I got class” A flush rose on Hanbin’s cheeks at the nickname and he grinned as he walked out of the café listening to Hanbin’s public cry of outrage “Stop calling me that, hyung- I'm not a kid anymore!”

He can handle the ghost, he can live with it (if it was even real)- he wasn't going to let no snot nose brat into his apartment (very expensive apartment) that he worked his off for.

After all if anyone was actually best friends with Junhoe, than obviously their personalities had to be similar.


~

Or so he though it would be that easy. But returning from a long day of hard work the last thing he expected was to find his house practically askew, all his papers were scattered onto the floor and his books were out of his book shelf. His clothes were hanging off of lamps and the little bit of pictures he added here and there were now on the floor.

All in all it was a mess and a whole bunch of profanity spilled from his mouth as he let out a screech of anger. He wanted to sleep, he wanted to shower, he wanted to eat- he wanted to do things everyone else was doing right now but he couldn't-

Because an actual ghost was haunting his damn apartment!

Stomping over towards the kitchen where he received the best reception for his phone he immediately dialed Hanbin’s number and waited impatiently for his friend to wake up and when Hanbin did answer he didn't even wait for a coherent response before he bulldozed on “I'm going to need the kid- I've had enough, and this better not be a joke Kim Hanbin!”

“W-what, er, sure hyung” Hanbin slurred still delirious with sleep, Jinhwan pulled away his phone from his ear with a look of annoyance and hung up tossing it to the side and turning back around. It was probably his biggest mistake because when he did turn around he saw a flash of something and he jumped a foot in the air before practically scrambling to get out of his home in time without hopefully breaking an ankle, his heart pounding so hard in chest he was sure it was going to pop out.

A ghostly giggle followed him out.

~

When he had returned, after forcing himself into Bobby’s dorm and still his bed like the rude hyung he was, he was startled to see a totem pole standing right out side his door.

It took Jinhwan a moment, and a full on squint of his eyes, to see that the totem pole dressed completely in black was an actual person towering to at least 6’0, making Jinhwan rub the back of his neck and murmur a small curse under his breath “What is with everyone being tall?”

The person, obviously hearing him, spun around making the both of them freeze in their steps, each taking the time to analyze each other properly. The first thing Jinhwan registered was the eyes, a gawking wide brown eyed gaze that seemed as if it were able to see through anyone's soul, the next thing was the face- it was babyish and yet it held a mature feature to it that Jinhwan couldn't help but admire.

Besides the towering height the kid had, because he did look like a kid, there was dark circles under his eyes and his skin was tinted an abnormal color- all in all the kid looked as if he were ready to fall straight on his face in a quick second and a sense of worry grew in his chest. “Uh…who are you? Are you ok?”

The kid blinked almost owlishly before glancing back the door and then returning his gaze forward and replying “Are you Jinhwan-ssi? I'm Jung Chanwoo, I'm here for the…uh, haunting problem” Jinhwan blinked. And then blinked again. Before he pointed a single indecorous finger towards Chanwoo and exhaled dumbly “Your the one who can see ghosts?”

Chanwoo winced and glanced around immediately letting out a relieved sigh and nodding “Yeah that's me…the one who hasn't slept properly in years” Jinhwan let out his own grimace at the bitterness that emitted from the boys tone and he let out an involuntary “Sorry” before motioning with his hands for Chanwoo to step aside.

When they both stepped in Jinhwan’s cheeks flushed from mortification at the mess that was his home glancing at Chanwoo for his reaction, but the boy wasn't even paying attention to any of that, his eyes quickly roaming every part of the house as if he were trying to memorize it.

“…So, do you get paid for this?” Jinhwan asked conversationally, awkwardly, while Chanwoo moved around all his papers, when he attempted to pick it up Chanwoo had waved him away and told him not to do th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter