Eight: Her Birthday

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday

3.30 pm

Park Chanyeol couldn’t wait until he finally got home and could throw himself onto the bed and sleep all night long without disturbance after a long hour of unplanned afternoon class due to his professor’s decision to move his morning class to afternoon. The said professor didn’t even tell the students since morning causing the kids to wait for him for hours, only to find a text twenty minutes before the dismissal time from the said professor that said he couldn’t come due to personal issues and that the class was moved to afternoon.

So Chanyeol was deadass exhausted. He didn’t even bring a car and took a bus instead. He finally reached home after a long walk from the bus stop and was ready to greet his bed he didn’t even care where his two friends had dissapeared since morning.

Opening the door to his room, he could only sigh as he saw his room was already occupied by the two dissapearing friends. Baekhyun was occupying the large sofa beside the bed, his legs were held up, leaning against his study table, playing what appeared to be a psp. Sooyoung was occupying the most comfortable place in the world that was his bed, lying on her stomach, reading a book, probably a novel. She was not the type to read a textbook during free time.

Hearing Chanyeol’s loud sigh, they turned their heads to the source of voice and found Chanyeol. “You’re here,” Sooyoung stated, eyes on the book again. Chanyeol dropped his bag and walked to his bed.

He pushed Sooyoung’s body so she would be lying straight to give himself more space. He plopped himself beside her and sleepiness immediately took over his body. Sooyoung seemed unperturbed. “Don’t you need to change first?”

“I don't want to.”

Sooyoung continued her reading again. She sometimes didn’t change at all when she felt too tired and went to sleep right away, and everyone could relate so she let him. He was asleep almost immediately. His breath was steady and they could hear him snoring softly.

“Aaah his snore is making me sleepy. And why are my eyes so heavy? I thought I drank coffee on the way home. At this point, I won’t be able finish this today,” she blabbered to herself. She looked at Baekhyun and he himself was already asleep, mouth hang open. “Oh God.”

She went back to her novel. The sky was starting to get darker and she was too far from the light switch and she was caged between the wall and Chanyeol’s sleeping form. Sooyoung forced herself to read in the dim light of afternoon sunlight that shone through the window. It didn’t take long until Sooyoung finally fell asleep too, book totally abandoned.

Sooyoung woke up due to hunger since she hadn’t fed her stomach since hours ago, though she kept her eyes closed. She touched her hungry stomach, groaning. “Ugh. So hungry...” She mumbled.

She tried to roll over so that she wouldn’t lie on her stomach and make it more upset. But she could feel her space was limited as her side collided with someone’s body. Her bed was quite big for as long as she remembered. Extending her hand, she tried to touch the spot next to her but slapped a face instead.

“Ouch.” She heard him groaned. The girl opened her eyes curiously and saw none other than the giant Park Chanyeol’s closed eye next to her and a hand on his cheek, probably unconsciously rubbing it after getting a slap.

“Why is he here? Doesn’t he have his own bed jeez?” She asked shamelessly to none when it was actually her who had been sleeping on someone else’s bed. Her stomach growled once again, screaming hard for a food.

“Boi I’m so hungry,” she muttered, “but so sleepy, damn it.” She rolled over once again and closed her eyes to continue sleeping. But of course her stomach wouldn’t listen and its growl only grew louder. “Aish! Shut up!” Her stomach suffered not only hunger but also a scold.

“Why are you so noisy?” Chanyeol managed to mumble before rolling over so he lied on his side, facing her. He was about to fall into sweet slumber once again when he heard her talking probably to herself again. “I’ll feed you after I take a nap, okay?”

So he opened his eyes to see what she was doing. Eyes fully opened, all he could see was Sooyoung’s face inches away, her closed eyes and clasped hands under her cheek. He nearly yelped. “God, Sooyoung, you surprised me.” Knowing that she would likely to get back to sleep again, he tried to wake her up.

“Yah don’t sleep again. Go home. You have your own bed.”

“But i’ve never felt warmer in my life. Is your bedroom usually this warm? How do you even manage to wake up in the morning with this level of comfort?” Thankfully, she managed to open her eyes, though they were so heavy that they threatened to close again at anytime.

“Maybe because I’m next to you? Come on. Get up, will you? It’s 8-ish in the evening.”

“Maybe,” she responded shortly before trying to get some more sleep when her eyes shot open in a milisecond. “EIGHT?!”

“Damn it Sooyoung don’t shout at my face.”

“Isn’t it four-ish or five?”

“That was before you fell asleep.”

Sooyoung let out a sigh. The bed seemed to have some magnetic force on her body. It even had some strange effect that she always had a dreamless sleep there. “Yah how about we exchange our room for a day? You sleep in my room and I sleep in yours?” She stared at him with expectant eyes. Sooyoung was really, really lazy.

“No.”

Damn it. She forced herself to get up into a sitting position, collecting her senses. But As soon as she was up, her body dropped itself again onto the mattress beside his, her hand wrapping itself around Chanyeol’s neck it nearly choked him. He ended up coughing, as he tried prying her hand open so he could breath again. “GAH Sooyoung!” ‘Can I even sleep peacefully?’ He thought sadly.

“Damn it you are trying to kill me.” It wasn’t even a question since he was aware she was doing it in purpose to annoy the out of him. “Noooo I’m showing you my affection.” She smiled affectionately with her eyes still closed.

They continued making noises that it was amazing Baekhyun wasn’t even affected by their bicker.

“God please let me sleep,” he pleaded loudly for her to hear. “Why do you love to sleep here so much anyways?” He asked to none since he knew Sooyoung wouldn’t give a logical answer. Thankfully she loosened her hand and he could breath. Chanyeol opened his eyes and saw her beside him facing him, hand still wrapping his neck, was about to fall asleep again and he couldn’t let her.

“Yah Sooyoung!” He tried to wake her up once more. “Should I bring a bucket of water?” He asked to himself after hearing no response. Hearing him, the girl tightened the ‘hug’ again and he almost caughed again. “I’ll kill you if you do that.”

Sooyoung finally gave up and positioned herself again so she was sitting. “Move,” she commanded. Chanyeol moved to Sooyoung’s side to give her way. She crawled her way past Chanyeol’s long legs and finally set her feet on the floor and looked at the sleeping form of Baekhyun’s on the sofa. She stood up then tried to wake him up by kicking his leg. “Get up! Let’s go home.”

“Noooooo...” He responded after the second kick. Sooyoung ended up dragging Baekhyun down half awake to his house.

When she finally reached home and she had thrown herself onto her own bed, the sleepiness didn’t come at all and she was wide awake until past midnight. She wondered why.

Little did she know that Chanyeol had not been able to sleep too after she woke him up with her ‘choke’. The only one who was asleep safe and sound was Baekhyun.

 

***

Wednesday

2.00 pm

The cafeteria seemed quite crowded when the three stepped their feet on its floor. They crane their necks to have a better look of the place’s situation, looking for empty seats. They usually wouldn’t bother to eat there if it was crowded but they were too hungyr to find another eating place. It was past lunch hour but it looked like almost all students were gathering there.

“Ugh why are people out here having lunch in this very place?!” She complained to particularly none. “Why are you?” Chanyeol asked back. “Well, we don’t eat here everyday, do we?”

“There. There. Only one guy is occupying that table.” Chanyeol pointed at the corner then grabbed her hand, practically dragging her to the pointed table. “Is that—”

“Sehun. Yes.”

“Excuse me,” Sooyoung greeted, “is it okay if we take a seat he—” Sehun looked up from his drink to her. “Noona.” And she was caught off guard by him calling her noona. Chanyeol set his tray calmly while Sooyoung dropped hers a little too harshly. “Yes please, I’m just saving a seat for someone.” Sooyoung let out a smile. “Okay.”

Sooyoung took a seat next to the hoobae—so she was on his right side, while Chanyeol got the one in front of her. As her stomach had been screaming at her internally, Sooyoung began eating her foods. Chanyeol was right after her since he was just as hungry. Not minding Baekhyun that had been suddenly lost somewhere when they were searching for table.

They were halfway in finishing their foods when Baekhyun showed up with his own full trays. Everyone was on their pig mode. “Ah here you are!” He immediately noticed someone else’s presence that was Oh Sehun. “Oh hello there Sehun!” Sehun gave the senior a polite nod when another two familiar faces showed up.

“Sooyoung!” One of them whom she knew as Jessica called out to her asthe said girl was making her way to a seat next to Sehun—so he was in between Jessica and Sooyoung. It was Jessica whom Sehun was probably waiting for, she noted. Sooyoung immediately noticed the other one who came with Jessica as she took a seat next Chanyeol. “Hey Jess!” Sooyoung greeted back but her eyes shifted to Chanyeol’s as quick as a thunder. He quite couldn’t read her but he tried to anyways. “Ah! I think I’ll sit next to Sooyoung,” he said a little too dramatically that Sooyoung glared at him. The girl beside him that was Kim Taeyeon looked at Chanyeol, confused.

Chanyeol took the seat on Sooyoung’s right side so that the four chairs on one side were full, not giving Baekhyun any chance to sit faraway from Taeyeon, though it still looked weird that at one side there w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter