She/He loves me too...

Oppa & The Shorty

I was just sitting in my room staring at my ceiling. I cannot step out from this room. He is here today. I cannot look at him in the eye without blushing. I cannot talk to him without stuttering. I cannot look at his smile because I will end up melting. That is how horrible my feelings are towards him. Why does he have to be my brother’s best friend?

Flashback

I have known him since I was 10.  I was happy to have another brother who always doted on me. He is a kinder version of Jaehyung oppa but not as funny as my elder brother. Somehow and somewhere along the way as we grow up, my feelings towards him change. I became more sensitive to his teasing. When he pinches me, I would blush like a red tomato. When he tickles me, I would laugh and smile silly. When he broke my heart and bring me to reality, I couldn’t stop crying.

When I was 15, on my way home from school, I thought I saw him and Jae oppa walking with a girl. She looks lovely with nice long locks. I assume she must be Jae oppa’s girlfriend. I smile cheekily feeling excited to tell my oppa that I know he already has a girlfriend.

I was home soon enough and quickly went for a shower. While I was drying my hair, I could hear Jae oppa’s voice.  I quickly went down and was about to but was surprised to see him together with the girl I saw just know all sitting around the island top in the kitchen.

CY: Anyeong… (Chaeyoung greeted them.) Mianhe, I just came back from school and just taken my shower. I should have dressed more appropriately.

JAE: Chaeng don’t worry about that. Let me introduce you to Minhee. She is older than you so you can call her unnie.

CY: Anyeong Minhee unnie. (Chaeyoung greeted her and held out her hand for a handshake.) You look so pretty. I love your hair. (Chaeng squeal as she observes the beautiful girl in front of her.)

JD: Of course she is pretty… (Jongdae finally interrupted them.)

CY: Huh… (Chaeng exclaimed feeling a little confused.)

Jongdae then stood beside Minhee and put his arms around her shoulder.

JD: Of course she is pretty. She is after all my girlfriend.

CY: Ahh… Neh…. (That was all she could muster to say.)

Jaehyung came and stood beside his sister. He knew that once Chaeyoung find out about Jongdae, she would feel upset. Jaehyung is after all Chaeng’s biological brother. He knows that his sister has a huge crush on his best friend even though Chaeng finds Jongdae a little irritating sometimes. He quickly headlock his sister and asked her to help him buy something from a nearby mart. Chaeyoung agreed without hesitation.

She ran up to her room and closed the door. She was feeling a little lost for a moment. When reality sinks, she put on her jeans and shirt. She looks at the mirror and softly slapped her face.

‘Gwencana Chaeng, you’ll be fine!’

She came down only to find her brother in the kitchen while Jongdae and Minhee we seating together at the sofa. She looks at her brother not sure of what to say. Jaehyung could see that his sister looks like she was about to cry.

CY: Oppa, I will buy your stuffs on the way back. I am meeting my friends for a short while. (She finally managed to say.)

JAE: Ara. Don’t go back too late okay. (Jae advices her as he place his palm on his sister’s cheek.)

Jongdae who happened to turn at that moment was a little surprise to see Chaeyoung and Jaehyung affectionate moment. He wondered what happened. Before he could ask, Chaeng already turn and exit the house via the backdoor.

Chaeyoung walked and walked and walked. Her feet finally brought her to the Myoui house. She wasn’t sure if she should knock on the door. She eventually did. She was glad Mina was home. When Mina looked at the girl in front of her, she knew something must have happened. Mina’s immediate embrace brought tears to Chaeyoung eyes. Mina rubbed the girl’s back trying to sooth her tears.

Chaeyoung is now lying on Mina’s bed. She turned to look at her best friend.

CY: I didn’t know it would hurt this bad. I now understand why you cried buckets when Sehun oppa fall in love with your good friend.

MN: Let’s not talk about Sehun.

CY: I’m stupid right for falling in love with my brother’s best friend.

MN: Ani. Chaeng, we cannot stop our heart from liking who we like. It just happens.

CY: I guess you are right. Mina… I can get through this right?

MN: I honestly don’t know.

Chaeyoung went home around 8pm. She was thankful that Jongdae already left her house. As she entered her house, Jaehyung voice startled her.

JAE: You’re back.

CY: Neh, here is your milk pudding. (Chaeng said as she passed the plastic bag to her brother.) I’m going up first.

After a nice warm shower, Chaeng sat down in front of her mirror and took a good look at her face. A drop of tear trickled down her face and she quickly wipes it away. She heard a knock on the door.

JAE: Chaeng, are you asleep?

CY: About to oppa. I am a little tired today. Good night oppa. (She answered weakly hoping that her brother would not probe.)

Jae knew his sister is heartbroken. He can see it in her eyes. He can hear it in her voice. Technically Jongdae didn’t do anything wrong. He has the right to date anyone he wants to. On the other hand, Jae couldn’t help but pity his younger sister. He guesses the only best thing he could do is minimize their contact. That being said, it meant that Jongdae cannot really hang out at their place.

A few months had passed. As Jongdae packed his boxes, he unhooked a picture frame from the wall. It was a picture of him with Jae and Chaeng. Jongdae realized that it has been a while since he hangs out with Chaeng. He is always out with Jae but lately, they didn’t really hang out at Jae’s place. He placed the frame in the box and sealed it. Just in time, Jae appeared at the door.

JAE: Hey you’re all packed I see.

JD: Uhuh... Only left with the few clothes I will be packing in my luggage.

JAE: What do you want to do today?

JD: I thought I want to hang out at your house. It’s been quite some time since I saw Chaeng.

JAE: Hahaha you sure you want to meet that brat?

JD: I’m going to miss her. Does she even know I’m leaving for Seoul?

JAE: Like duh…

JD: Didn’t she say anything?

JAE: Say what? I think she will be glad that you will stop pulling her hair and calling her shorty.

It was awkward conversation. Jae doesn’t want to deny Jongdae request. It will be long till they meet again. The two boys settled for a movie rental. They decided to watch City of Bones. After getting some snacks and drinks, they finally head to Jae’s place.

Chaeng was sitting in the kitchen eating a bowl of mushroom chicken soup. She ate slowly as she scrolls down her twitter account. She didn’t turn when she heard the door opened.

CY: Oppa, I cooked mushroom chicken soup. Have you taken your lunch?

JD: Can I have some? (Jongdae whispered in her ears surprising the girl.)

CY: Jong oppa… You’re here.

JD: Miss me munchkin? (He as he pinched her cheeks.)

Chaeyoung carried her bowl to the sink and tried to sound normal.

CY: What are you guys doing home in the afternoon on a weekend? Don’t you guys have a life?

JAE: Remember I told you, this guy is leaving tomorrow. We thought of chilling and watching a movie. We bought snacks, drinks and ice-cream!

CY: Ahh I remember. (Her voice became softer.)

She placed her bowl on the racks before turning to face Jongdae with a smile.

CY: Have a safe trip Jong oppa. I am sure Seoul is a wonderful place. (She said before turning to head for her room.)

Jongdae felt strange. For some reason, his relationship with Chaeng turned awkward since the last few months. She no longer responds to his teasing or name calling. She also no longer joins him and Jae for any activities or outing any longer.

As Jae microwaved the popcorn, Jongdae turn to him.

JD: I’m going to get Chaeng to join us. I will make sure that brat won’t refuse.

Jae wanted to stop Jongdae but seeing his best friend already run up the stairs, he decided to let it be. Jong stood outside Chaeng’s door. He knocked softly but no one answered. He turned the door knob and saw Chaeng lying on the bed facing the window with a book in her hand. He crept behind her and starts tickling her but her only rise up and didn’t laugh.

CY: What do you want oppa?

JD: Come let’s watch the movie in the living room. (He invites her as he grabs her hand but Chaeng refused to move.)

CY: Go ahead oppa, I don’t feel like watching a movie.

JD: Chaeng… Did I do something wrong to you? (He asked with a frown and causes the girl to be very nervous.)

CY: Ani… Don’t think too much. I am just not feeling too good.

JD: You have changed. (He said softly.)

Chaeyoung let out a nervous laugh.

CY: Of course I have oppa…. I have put on weight. (She tried changing the topic.)

JD: I won’t force then. I thought we could spend some time together. Just the three of us since, I will be leaving tomorrow. (He answered in a disappointed tone before leaving her room.)

Chaeyoung felt bad. She didn’t mean to disappoint him. She just wants to minimize any contact with him. She wants to protect her fragile heart. However seeing him frown made her heart ache. She decided to join them since it will be a while till she sees him again. As she makes her way down the stairs the two boys on the sofa turn to look at her.

Jongdae smile as he saw Chaeng makes her way down. He patted the seat on his right. He wants her to sit in between him and Jae. She slumped onto the sofa and grabbed the popcorn bowl from Jong before turning her eyes to the television. Somewhere along the movie, Chaeng was already dozing off. She watched this movie a couple of times already therefore she finds it boring. Jae was just about to reach for his sister’s head when Jongdae beat him to it. Jong already pulled Chaeng’s head and let it rest on his shoulder. Jae wondered if only Jong knew how much Chaeng likes him.

When the movie ended, Chaeng was still sleeping while clinging on to Jong’s arm. Jong whispered for her to wake up but she whines like a baby.

JD: Wake up sleepy head!

CY: Let me sleep a little more oppa…

JD: You think I’m your personal pillow huh?

CY: Oppa… 5 minutes more okay.

JD: Arrasso… I know you are going to miss clinging on to me once I am no longer here.

Chaeyoung heart cracked when she heard those words. She knew that being separated from him is the best way to heal her broken heart. When her five minutes is up, she pretended to stretch her arm and yawn. She wanted to just head back to her room and hide but before she could take another step forward, Jong already grabbed her wrist startling the girl. He stood face to face to her, and lifted her chin.

JD: Chaeng, take care of yourself okay. Don’t skip any meals Arrasso! (He pinches her nose as he says those words.)

Chaeng only managed to nod and look away but once again was pulled closer by Jong.

JD: Ya, are you listening to me? Be good Arrasso!

CY: I will…See you when I see you oppa.

JD: Wei, aren’t you sending me off tomorrow? My family is leaving at 10 am.

CY: Ani… I don’t think I can make it. I have something on. (She lies only to see a frowning boy in front of her.)

JD: Wei…can’t you cancel your plans? (He asked softly.)

For a moment Chaeng almost said yes. They were both staring at each other in the eyes. Chaeng eventually find the courage to break away from looking at him. She cleared .

CY: Don’t be such a baby. Anyway take care oppa. I am sure Jae oppa will send you off tomorrow. (She responded in an upbeat tone trying to lighten up the atmosphere before returning to her room.)

When Chaeng finally entered the room, she immediately locked the door before throwing herself on her bed and cry. She lay awake until in bed waiting for every hour to past. She hopes to be in deep sleep when he leaves for good. And she did.

As years passed by, Chaeng wall able to move on with her life. Since his family moved to Seoul, Jong only came back once. Chaeng was thankful that she was having camp in her senior year in high school when he returned that time.

Big Girl

Chaeng is now a beautiful 19 year old girl. Her Beautiful long locks make her look extremely gorgeous. Her mole makes her look even more attractive. Sadly, she didn’t grow that much. She is still the tiny Chaeng that everyone knows. She has just completed her first semester at Ehwa University and now is on the way home to her hometown for Chusok celebrations.

She was glad that she was able to enrol in the same university as Mina. Sadly, Mina’s back in Japan for the holidays so it’s just her going home alone this time round. As she exits the train, she glanced around and ran towards her brother when she spotted him. He welcomes her with open arms.

CY: Bogoshipo oppa….

JAE: Me too shorty... (He teased his little sister.)

CY: Oppa! She pouts.

In the car, Chaeng couldn’t help smile as she looks at the shops that still looks the same.

CY: I miss our hometown… When did you arrive oppa?

JAE: Yesterday night. I will be leaving on Sunday. Want to go back together?

CY: Neh… Who else can I go back with? (She stuck out her tongue to her brother.)

JAE: Chaeng… Jong’s parents are in the US for a holiday. (He carefully broaches the subject.)

CY: Oh really, I didn’t know. (She answered calmly trying to appear nonchalant.)

JAE: So I invited him to join us for Chusok. He should arrive in the evening later. (He cautiously breaks the news to her as he observes her reaction.)

CY: Oh…

JAE: You are fine with that right?

CY: Why wouldn’t I be? Besides he is not a stranger to our family.

JAE: I guess… I’m sure you miss him right? You guys have not met each other for like what… 4 years?

CY: I don’t know. I don’t really care to count. (She answered bluntly making Jae realize that she still have feeling for Jong.)

After helping her mum prepare for the big feast that evening. Chaeng went up to her room. She took a nice warm shower before changing into a dress. She has grown to be a very beautiful lady and is more feminine than ever. After drying her hair, she sat on her bed and took out a huge box under her bed. The last she put in something in there was before she left for Seoul. She left every memory she has of Jong in that box. She was just about to open the box when she heard a car entering the driveway. She wanted to look out her window but decided not to. It’s not like she didn’t know who came. She put back the box under her bed and just lay under the duvet.

She shouldn’t be feeling like this. She should be over him. However as she heard his faint voice from the living room, she felt like melting. She remained silent until her dad called out for her to join them for dinner. She slowly walks out from her room and put on her poker face. As she walks down the stairs, she turned her eyes to the dining table trying to avoid Jong’s eyes.

Jong couldn’t believe what he is seeing. The Chaeng that he used to tease and play with now looks so beautiful. She is more elegant and she is in a dress. Chaeng make her way to the dining table only to be called by her dad.

DAD: Chaeng, don’t be rude. You have not met Jong for a few years already and you didn’t even greet him.

CY: Appa… (She grumbles at her dad.) Anyeong oppa!  (She greets and smiles at him.)

Jong wanted to reach out for a hug but for some reason it felt awkward. She is no longer the small kid that he knew. She is different.

MUM: Chaeng…. Your Jong oppa wanted to reach for a hug but you ignored him.

Chaeyoung had no choice but to turn and went in for an embrace. Jong tighten the hug as he ruffles her hair. It felt different. No doubt, she is a lady. He could feel her well-endowed front. He finally let her go when her family start moving to the dining table. Chaeng literally slap herself back into reality. However before she could do that, he already grabbed her hand and pull her to her seat.

The dinner went on with plenty of laughter. Chaeyoung didn’t really say much though. However, her eyes could not tear away from Jong’s plate. She saw him peel a number of prawns. Jong can see at the corner of his eyes that Chaeng her lips. He knew she wanted some. He turned to look at her who is cutely smiling at him with her cute dimples.

JD: Say please!

CY: For what?

JD: Say 'please oppa' and I will give you the prawns.

CY: Shiro…

JD: Arrasso…. Ommunim, you can have these prawns since Chaeng doesn’t want it. (He teases her again by offering the prawns to her mother.)

CY: Oppa! (She pouts cutely.)

JD: Ara… Don’t sulk. (He coaxed her as he placed the prawns on her plate.)

MUM: You both should just date. One love to tease. And the other love to sulk.

CY: Oma!

DAD: Speaking of date. Are you seeing anyone Jongdae?

JD: No, I’m not. I guess school has been keeping me busy.

JAE: Chaeng, you are also not seeing someone right?

CY: Ani… I am actually meeting someone. (She admits honestly.)

JAE: For real?

DAD: Uri daughter has a boyfriend?

CY: Ani… not yet. We are just getting to know one another.

Jae was a little taken aback when he heard his little sister’s confession. When he turned to look at Jongdae, he could see there is a sign of disappointment on his face.

That night as Jong lie on his plush mattress, he cannot help but tossed and turned. He looked at Jae who was already peacefully asleep. He thought maybe a glass of warm milk will help him fall asleep better. He tip toed his way out and almost screamed when he bumped into Chaeng.

CY: Oppa, why are you not asleep?

JD: I just can’t sleep. How about you?

CY: Err… I’m going to sleep now.

JD: Hey… let’s talk for a short while.

CY: It’s kind of late. We could catch up tomorrow okay.

JD: Chaeng… (He pouts as he called out her name.)

CY: Ara… (She finally gives in.)

He followed her like a choo-choo train. As he enters her room, he smiles at the nostalgic feelings it brought. He looked around for a picture of them together but couldn’t find one. He lies on her bed as she sat by her window with her book.

JD: Hey… we’re supposed to catch up you know. No reading, Chaeng! (He reminded her as he gestured for her to lie down beside her just like she used to when she was little.)

Chaeng paused for a moment before rolling her eye. She put her book beside he lamp and join him on the bed. She lied down nervously as she looks up at the ceiling. It was a moment of silence. They could hear each other’s breath. Plenty of thoughts were running through their head. Jong finally decided to break the deafening silence.

JD: What happened?

CY: What do you mean?

JD: We used to be very close. In fact 3 of us were inseparable. (He asked with a tinge of sadness in his voice.)

CY: I guess we grow up. (She tried to answer in the most politically correct answer she could imagine.)

JD: How come Jae didn’t change? How come you did?

CY: I am a girl after all oppa. I get more sensitive. I get more emotional…. Maybe after you broke my heart, I guess distancing from you is the best solution. (She said out softly not realizing she divulge too much information.)

JD: I broke your heart? (He asked feeling confused.)

CY: I meant, after going through a heart break, I distanced myself from guys. (She tried to save herself.)

Jongdae was not convinced. Somehow he felt that what she said was as honest a reply that could ever come from her. He turned his body facing her. She refused to look at him and continued staring up the ceiling.

JD: Chaeng….

CY: Uhmmm

JD: Look at oppa…

CY: Wei Gurei...  (She nervously replied still avoiding him.)

JD: Turn… Look at oppa….

Chaeyoung sigh as she turns. He was staring right into her eyes looking within her soul. He is trying to figure out what this girl is hiding from him. She gulps nervously before rising and asking him to leave the room because she wanted to rest. He did what she asked. He could feel the door is locked the moment he steps out of her room. As he rest his head on the pillow, all he could thing was the look in Chaeng’s eyes. Her eyes look so sad. It is as if he has hurt her feelings. He doesn’t know what to feel.

 

She Loves Me Too

The next morning, Jae and Jong went for a short run. Jong seems too distracted and his stamina is running low.

JAE: What’s wrong dude? You look like you are losing it.

JD: Can I ask you something, bro?

JAE: Ya... what’s with the formality? Just shoot.

JD: Why does Chaeng avoid me? Don’t try to hide it Jae. I know you can feel it too. (Jong ask his best friend who could not hide the fact that what he asked was true.)

JAE: Jong, I don’t think it is in my place to say anything. I might have some ideas but she has never once told me about it.

JD: Have I done something wrong to her? Why do I feel like I am being punished?

JAE: Jong… I don’t think it’s about that. (He put his hand on Jong’s shoulder.) You see, matter of the heart is very hard to phantom. You don’t have to worry. She will be fine.

JD: But Jae… It hurts. We grow up together. We played together, ate together, fought with each other and we even travelled together. But somehow somewhere everything change. I am sure she hates me.

JAE: Jong… you shouldn’t feel that way. First of all my sister will never hate you. She loves you too much to even hate you. (Jae tried to convince his best friend not realizing he shared too much.)

JD: She loves me?

JAE: Ani… Never mind, forget about what I just said. Let’s just head back home. (Jae wanted to avoid the topic.)

JD: Jae comes on bro! Be honest. She loves me? (He asked once again.)

JAE: I don’t know. It’s just my assumptions.

JD: Why does she avoid me when you think she loves me?

JAE: You remembered MInhee, the girl you dated many years back?

JD: You meant the girl I dated for a month?

JAE: Uhuh….

JD: What has it got to do with her?

JAE: Well, honestly I realized that since Chaeng found out you were dating Minhee, I could sense that it was the reason she avoided you all these years. That was just my assumption. I only realized that after that she never asked me about you anymore.

JD: Chaeng loved me for so many years? (He sighed out loud.) Why didn’t you tell me any of these?

JAE: It’s not in my place Jong. Yes she is my sister but you are my best friend. I thought it is best if she could forget about you slowly.

JD: So did she?

JAE: Did she what?

JD: Did she forget about me?

JAE: I guess… I mean… for her to be meeting other guys in college is a good sign that she is over you right?

JD: You want to know something….

JAE: What?

JD: You want to know why Minhee broke up with me.

JAE: I thought you said she said you are not romantic enough.

JD: That wasn’t the entire truth.

JAE: Then what was the main reason?

JD: She said I talk too much about Chaeng when I am with her. She said that I should just date Chaeng if I cannot stop thinking about your sister.

JAE: WTF? Why didn’t you say something?

JD: What was I supposed to say? Chaeng was 15 at that time! What do you expect me to do?

JAE: Do you?

JD: Do I what?

JAE: Do you even like my sister?

JD: I have loved her since God knows when. (He finally confesses to Jae.)

JAE: OMFG… Shouldn’t you at least try to find an opportunity to talk to her?

JD: I don’t think she is even keen to look at me what more talk to me.

JAE: Don’t worry, I have a good idea. (Jae turned to his best friend with a mischievous smirk.) You’d better thank me for this.  (He reminded his best friend.)

Thank Me

That evening after dinner, Jae pretended that he has to return to his campus urgently. He quickly packs his bags before saying goodbye to his family.

JAE: Mianhe Chaeng… I couldn’t send you back to your dorm.

CY: Don’t worry oppa; I will just take the train.

JAE: What rubbish! Jong, do me a favour. Could you go back to Seoul with Chaeng tomorrow?

JD: Oh... that shouldn’t be a problem. (He answered calmly trying to hide his excitement.)

CY: You don’t have too Jong oppa, I can go back myself. (She rejected his offer.)

MUM: Don’t be stubborn young lady. Jong, you don’t mind sending Chaeng back to her dorm tomorrow don’t you?

JD: I’ll gladly do anything for her Ommunim. (He answered confidently causing the girl to turn and look at him weirdly.)

Jae managed to wink at his best friend before driving off.

The next afternoon, Chaeng dread the day because she cannot avoid seating in the same car as Jong. After putting her small luggage in the boot, she took the small bag of tangerines and mineral water that her mum help packed for her as snacks as she returns to Seoul.

MUM: Jong drive safely Arrasso.

JD: Neh Ommunim… Don’t worry.

Chaeng hugged her parents once again before finally seating in the car. The first few minutes after they drove off was engulfed in silence. Then suddenly, Jong pointed out to the playground that they used to play at when they were little.

JD: Remember when you fell when you were like 11 or 12?

CY: Uhuh…

JD: You were crying so badly that I had to carry you.

CY: Is it? I can’t remember. (She lied.)

Jongdae tried to laugh it off. Her response kind of hurt his feelings. As he continues to drive, Chaeng realized that they are not heading to Seoul.

CY: Oppa, where are we heading?

Jong refused to answer. He finally stops the car near the dam. He stepped out and leaned on the driver’s door. Chaeng initially refused to get out. In the end she has no choice. She walked out from the car and walk to Jong. When she finally stands in front of him, she started the ball rolling.

CY: Oppa, what is wrong with you?

JD: Why do you think there is something wrong with me?

CY: If I’d known the reason, I wouldn’t be asking you that question. (She snaps at him.)

JD: Chaeng…. (He calls out her name softly.)

CY: What?

JD: You remembered Minhee? (He asked as he observes for her reactions.)

CY: I don’t remember. (She lies horribly.)

JD: I dated her once.

CY: So? (She replied feeling annoyed. She doesn’t want to hear any sappy story.)

JD: I dated her for a month.

CY: What has that got to do with me?

JD: You want to know the reason why we broke up?

CY: Oppa… I am not interested. Can we leave, we should not delay anymore. (She exclaims as she turns around.)

Jongdae managed to grab her wrist.

JD: She said that I talk about you all the time when I am with her. (He finally explains.)

Chaeyoung swallowed her saliva feeling nervous about what else she was about to hear.

JD: She said that every single conversation we had will end up with me talking about you. She finally had the last straw when I bought you a birthday gift instead of our one month anniversary.

CY: Oppa… I don’t want to hear anymore.

Jongdae refused to budge.

JD: She said if I love you so much, why the hell was I dating her? (He paused.)

Chaeng is feeling a little confused. She yanked her arms away and returned to the car. Jong had no choice but to continue the drive back to Seoul. Occasionally, he will steal glances at Chaeng. He was disappointed not to see a smile on her face. After an hour of drive, she could see that he needed a rest but she didn’t see any rest stop until the next 20km away. She decided to peel the tangerine that her mother packed for her. She held a piece in front of his mouth. Jong smiled as he took it in his mouth. The ride continued to be a silent one. Both barely talking to each other. It is still about 2 more hours to Seoul. They finally arrived at the rest stop. Jong went to the toilet to wash his face. When he stepped out of the toilet, he saw her on her phone. He wondered if it’s a boy who called her. After a cup of coffee, they continue their way back. Jong braved himself and asked Chaeng something.

JD: Who called?

CY: A friend.

JD: Was it the guy you are getting to know?

CY: Uhuh… (She didn’t lie.)

JD: Do you like him?

CY: I don’t know. (She answered curtly.)

JD: Are you telling me there is no chance for me and you? (He asked her honestly no longer beating around the bush.)

Chaeng was surprised by his remarks and question. She turned and looked at Jong who was frowning as he drives.

‘Is he saying he likes me?’

‘Should I believe what he said about what Minhee unnie told him years ago?’

She looks at him as he continues his drive. She could see the visible frown that is hard to ignore. Without realizing, she reaches out her palm as she touches his face. Jong immediate held her hand and kiss it. She wanted to pull her hand away but he is holding it close until he placed her hands on his thigh because he needs to change the gear. Chaeng quickly pulled her hand away and looked out the window. She looks like a tomato now. Her cheeks flushed in red.

Throughout the remaining part of the journey home, Jong occasionally will hold Chaeng’s hand and kiss it. They didn’t discuss anything. They didn’t talk about being in a relationship. They just continue to enjoy the moment with each other in silence.

When they finally arrived at the dorm, Jong helped to take her luggage out from the trunk. He pulled the luggage and finally stood next to her who was leaning on the car. She wanted to reach for the luggage handle but Jong was faster. He reaches for her hand and held it tight as both continued leaning on the car as they looked up at the sky.

CY: You know you have to let go of my hand soon.

JD: A while more please… You don’t know how many years I waited to do this. (He confessed truthfully making Chaeng blush.)

CY: Let me look into your eyes to see if you are lying. (She demands of him.)

Jong moved and faced Chaeng. She cupped his face and pulled it closed to her. The height difference is so adorable. Chaeng continued to stare him in the eyes trying to search for some kind of sincerity from him. Actually she could already feel his sincerity. She just continued to cup his face just because she can’t believe the man that she loved all this while is in love with her too.

As she continues to stare at him, he naturally leaned forward and kissed her lips. For some reason, Chaeng accepted his kiss. She wrapped his arms around his neck and Jong had to lift her up. With her legs wrapped around his waist, he carried her and sat her on his car. When they finally pulled away, he .

JD: Chaeng, why didn’t you grow taller?

His laughter earned him a playful slap on the arms. She finally rested her head on his chest tightening the hug between them.

CY: Oppa… I love you

JD: I love you too baby girl… I love you then…. And I still love you now…. And I will continue to love you in the future.

CY: Me too….

Jong planted a kiss on her forehead as they continue to embrace each other.

Sometimes, the one we love has always been there all along.