9INE.

9INE.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1NE

One would be elated to know the news, especially since everyone knew how badly the couple had wanted a child ever since they had gotten married. Only to be told that it would be highly impossible due to his wife’s poor health. But miracles do happen and their love proved science wrong. Lee Byunghun ran out of the bathroom with a pregnancy kit in his hands before prancing onto the unsuspecting Lee Chanhee who was calmly reading his book, waving the stick in his face. The latter looked up with a frown, annoyed to have been rudely interrupted by a certain flying chicken. But that frown soon turned into a myriad of expressions all at the same time, embracing his beloved wife into a tight hug before placing a gentle kiss on Byunghun’s forehead. Both of them were soon tangled in each other’s arms, exchanging hushed tones of “I love you so much.” with tears in their eyes from the joy of being able to soon have little feet pattering around the house. 
The pregnancy kit abandoned on the table clearly showing two straight lines. 

Positive.

2WO
The second month was hell for Byunghun. Instead of morning sickness, Byunghun felt more like he was suffering from all day sickness. The only two things he managed to do from dawn to dusk was to hide himself under layer and layers of his blankets and kneel in front of the toilet bowl to retch his guts out even though he didn’t eat anything. It got so bad to the extent that Chanhee had no other choice but to force Byunghun to admit himself into the hospital, much to Byunghun’s reluctance, to be on drip so that he would have enough fluid and nutrients inside of him for himself and the baby after a fainting incident. Chanhee returned home after work one day to find his wife sprawled lifelessly on the floor which gave him the shock of his life. Turns out Byunghun fainted from exhaustion and malnutrition. 
In the end they made it, Byunghun managed to tide through the second month without any more fainting spells. His baby safe in his slowly growing tummy. 

3HREE
Three scoops of strawberry ice cream, that was what the couple was sharing in the sweltering heat. Byunghun kept stuffing one spoonful after another after another continuously into his small mouth. Chanhee just sighs as he just watched on seeing his wife stuffing his face endlessly as tears started to fall from Byunghun’s almond eyes. Unconsciously, Chanhee finds himself crying together with his wife. Earlier that day, Chanhee had brought Byunghun for his monthly prenatal checkup and regretfully the doctor had advised the boy to abort the baby. Byunghun had been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy which makes his pregnancy a high risked one. By keeping the child Byunghun would be putting his life on the line. Ever since they left the doctor’s office, Byunghun has been looking out of sorts but when Chanhee broaches the subject of abortion Byunghun wordlessly ignores his pleas. The only thing that finally came out of his mouth was that he was craving for strawberry ice cream. 

4OUR
Four times. Chanhee had tried persuading Byunghun to abort their child four times. He was about to open his mouth to start on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter