In your Arms Chapter 3

In Your Arms

(Later that night- LE/Hyojin POV) 

Hyojin sat in complete darkness.  With her neck bent down and face buried in her arms and knees.  To her, there seemed to be no end to the vast space of black and despair around her.  She sat for hours it seemed, thinking and breathing.

"Hyojin a~ We've missed you." A petite young woman called.  Hyojin lifted her head tiredly and stared into the familiar face that said her name in a way that she had missed and longed for.  "Eomma...?" Hyojin whispered, with eyes beginning to brim with tears.  "Yes Hyojin it's eomma.. It's been hard right?  I'm sorry we had to leave you and Dae Hoon alone.  Our poor Hyojin.. You're turning into such a strong young lady." Hyojin's heart jumped.  "It can't be. They're dead. I'm sure of it.  I went to the funeral. This isn't real.  I know, this ISN'T REAL."  Even so, she couldn't resist the urge to believe everything she was seeing, for just a second.

At that moment, a man, with dark brown hair and deep chocolate eyes appeared with a bittersweet smile that crinkled at his eyes and forehead.  "We're so proud of you Hyojin." He turned and bent down to her hair with a loving sigh. "Appa...?"  "Mmhmm.. Appa is here too.. How is his little girl doing?" 

Hearing her father's voice again broke Hyojin down, causing her to produce sob wholeheartedly and unrelentlessly.  

"Ah... Don't cry.. Hyojin.... We have to go now honey...  But we'll always be watching over you and your brother okay?" He tried to hide the fact that he was crying as well, but his voice cracked, revealing everything.  His figure then began to fall apart, piece by piece. Hyojin ran forward to hug her father, only to have her thin arms grasp nothingness. "No.. No. Please.  You can't leave like this again. Please..." Hyojin uttered the last word, which was barely audible. She turned around to face her mother, who was also dissipating into tiny specks of light, similar to how Hyojin's father was. "Goodbye Hyojin. We'll see each other again someday...But until then.. Please be strong for Dae Hoon..." 

Hyojin stood still and watched, unable to do anything but nod at her mother, who was still fading at an alarmingly fast rate. "Eomma...." She stuttered.

"I love y-" Hyojin's mother was cut off as the last shred of her being crumbled and all that was left was the blank world, which had begun to spiral around Hyojin.  Once again, she crouched down, and made her frail little body seem even smaller.  Sobs shook Hyojin's entirety until she felt like the universe around her was spinning and she was stuck in a continous, neverending loop of darkness. 

 

Dae Hoon (Hyojin's brother) POV

I awoke to feel someone's arm limply slap my back. "Whattttttt....." I grumbled, still half asleep.  No reply. What time is it? It's still completely dark outside except for small bits of moonlight streaming in...So...... I don't have to wake up for school just yet.  I think.  Whatever.  I'm going back to sleep.  Another weak whack hit me, this time striking the back of my head. "Hyojinnnn what are you doing noonaaaaaaa.... I'm trying to...." I trailed off as I rolled over to see tear streaks stain Hyojin's dimly moonlit pale face.  She whimpered in her sleep and seemed to try to grab something.  "Eomma..!" She called out in her sleep. "Appa...." 

As I sat up, I rubbed my eyes sleepily while another lone tear rolled down Hyojins cheek.  Noona.... You used to never cry... We were so happy... Ah.. What should I do??? I shouldn't wake her up right? Uh.... What to do... What to do..... I mulled over my options until I remembered. 

Gently, I touched her forehead with my index finger, to see if she would wake up. Nothing.  Carefully, I laid one finger down after another, and tried her hair, just like our mother used to do.  Used to do. Almost instantly, the beautiful memories of our past flooded in.  Warm memories of us together. As a.. a... family. But just as quickly as they came, my reminiscing thoughts were gone.  A cold gust of wind blew through the open window, bringing me back to the harsh reality and I shivered as I continued to pet noona's head.  Silently, I crept up, inch by inch, as quietly as I could, first getting onto my knees, then slowly extending my body until I was finally standing up.  With each step I took towards the window that was slightly ajar, the old musty floorboards creaked low groans, and with each squeak, Hyojin seemed to become more and more restless.  Delicately, I shifted my weight on each foot until I got to the wall and closed the window.  Leaving the toasty blankets caused my body to release another shudder, and I scampered back to the safety and warmth of the bed. 

Once again, noona's hand was subconsciously searching for something, and she tightly clutched my arm as soon as she found it.  Still letting out tiny tears and mewls intermittently, Hyojin slept while I kept patting her.  "Noona."  I whispered, checking if she was awake one last time.  She may have been crying, but she really slept like the dead.  "Noona.." I continued,  "You don't have to go through all of this by yourself you know.  I know I'm younger than you but.. I can be strong too.  I'll take care of you.  We'll take care of each other."   I promise. Before I knew it, my eyes fluttered, and I was barely able to stay awake.  I laid down into a more comfortable position, and let the slow lull of my repetetive movements rock me to sleep.  
 

Sorry sorry I've been busier than I thought and this chapter is really short but enjoy c: -BootyMeister23