2AM

OUR STORIES

2:00AM

It’s already 2AM, everyone was fell asleep and has entered into each dream world. But not for Jinyoung.

His plan to sleep earlier was failed whereas he already on his favorite nightgown,striped shirt and white pajamas trousers. He also had switched off his bedroom light and just only leave light sleeper which have penguin-shaped.

Since the school holidays Jinyoung has irregular sleep schedule and it will continue for a month.

“GOSH, i just need to sleep.” Jinyoung said while wiping his face harshly. This can not be tolerated, next week he had back to school. He always trying to closing his eyes but it can’t. He begin to frustrated but suddenly....

Tok....tok....

Jinyoung frozen for a few moments. But that noise reappear again.

Tok...tok...

After a few moments,he finally realized that it was the sound of a window being tapped. He hurried go to his window and opened it...

“Mark-eu?”,Jinyoung got shoked.

The boy who has the name just wave and smile brightly in the outside.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy? It’s already.....” Jinyoung stopped talk and saw his clock which stayed near his cute light sleeper “WHAT? IT’S ALREADY 2AM?”

“shhh, you gonna makes all people awake because of your voice?”, Mark talked while his forefinger in his mouth give a cue to don’t be noisy. “I’m going to ask you out.”

“At this time?”, Jinyoung asked to Mark.

“Of course, didn’t you see me? I’m ready, I already bring this and this”,Mark talked while showed his skateboard and...kneepad? Why mark must bring kneepad, Is he great to play it? “Let’s go  Jinyoungie.”

.

.

.

.

“Used this.” Mark gived his kneepad to Jinyoung. Can not be denied, even though they had been friends from childhood Jinyoung will be got heart flutter when Mark  treated Jinyoung like this.

“Why are you just stay there?” Mark confused because Jinyoung just stayed in his spot before without moving “Ah I know, are you didn’t understand to use this?  Come here I will put it for you.”

Jinyoung still didn’t move from his spot before, Mark got tired with his bestfriend seem like Jinyoung didn’t hear what all he says. At last Mark comes to Jinyoung try to put kneepads on Jinyoung’s knees.

.

.

.

.

“I’m scared Markeu”,Jinyoung begins he talked after being quiet for several time. Now they’re on their skateboard. Ah no, I means Jinyoung on Mark’s skateboard and how about Mark? He just walk to make sure that Jinyoung wouldn’t fell.

“Why you scared? You already use kneepad. If you fall you wouldn’t in pain. Don’t be spoilt.”, Mark replied curtly.

“HEY! Did you think I’m scared just because of this ugly board?...”Jinyoung answer crossly. “I’m just....” Jinyoung cut it and makes Mark stare at him curiously. “I’m just scared of...” “Scared of ghost.”

Mark couldn’t resist again, he felt and laugh so loudly.

“Shhhh, you can make their wake up.”, Jinyoung panicked, he afraid that their neighbour will wake up from their sleep because of Mark’s laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA, why are you so cute jinyoungie.”,Mark smiled while pinch Jinyoung’s cheek. “Let’s hurry up before we got arrest by ghost!!!.” Mark run and leave Jinyoung.

“WAIT ME MARKEU-AH.”

.

.

.

.

They decided to continue their night journey. Now, Mark walked beside Jinyoung while hold Jinyoung waist because Jinyoung felt before when Jinyoung tried to followed mark who is running fastly, Mark afraid if his bestfriend will fell again.

“Take me rest.”,Jinyoung said when he saw there’s a white bench.

Mark take her to the bench.

“The craziest night ever HAHAHAHA”, Mark talked proudly give a cue that his plans’d success.

“Crazy my .”, Jinyoung talked curtly and continued his talk again “Are you always like this? Skateboarding in the middle of night?”

“No.”, Mark talked without seeing Jinyoung.

“And then why you do this and ask me to join you?”

“I just want to.”

“HEY IT’S NOT THE ANSWER.”

“If you don’t like my answer so don’t ask me.”

If there’ve a knive, Jinyoung will be the first who stab Mark. Jinyoung tired with the Mark’s answer, he prefers to not talk than he must get the bad answer like that. And correctly, they don’t talk to each other for a while.

“I’m just...” Mark started their conversation again, it make Jinyoung turn to get Mark and tried to listen him well “I’m just can’t sleep.” Mark cutted it

“And I know you can’t sleep too, so.....that’s the reason why I ask you out.” Mark continued it.

Jinyoung get little bit suprised. From where’s Mark know than Jinyoung can’t sleep too?

“Hey Mr. Know-it-all, from where you know that i can’t sleep too?”, Jinyoung aked.

“Just my feelings.” That word successfully makes Jinyoung heart flutter again. “And here you go, my feelings is always true.” Mark continued it.

Jinyoung knows that Mark always true if Mark was asked to guess. He can guess everything, from the smallest things until the bigest. In exam too, he never studied,he just guess the answer and fortunately he got the best score. Is Mark spectacular?

“Can we doing like this again in the next night?”,Jinyoung asked to Mark while he saw the star in the night sky.

“Of course! But I don’t want to if...”

“If what?” Jinyoung asked curiously.

“If you wear short pants.” Mark didn’t know why he answer like this.

“Why? Usually I always use this when i want to sleep.”

“Just dont.”

“WHY?”

“hhhh okey okey I answered. It’s just....cold?” Jinyoung feels dissapointed with Mark’s answer. Are Jinyoung hope that Mark will answer more than that?

“What did you say.” Jinyoung rolled his eyes

.

.

.

.

“Markeu-ah. Do you ever feels like what I feel”, Jinyoung asked Mark,

“What did you feel now? I don’t know it.”

“mmm...feels like you want to tell something but you can’t?”

“About Yugyeomie?” Mark knows that Yugyeom is Jinyoung’s another bestfriend besides him.

“NO,about others”

“Sure? Hmm I don’t have any idea.”

“Just used your “guess” skill.”

“My skill can’t showed up if I don’t want to use them. Just tell them I promised to not tell to others”

“It’s about me and....”

“And?” Mark curious about this. Why? Because Jinyoung is one of his bestfriend who never tell his story. Is Mark type of can’t keep their secret that everyone don’t want to tell their secret to Mark?

“And you.”, Jinyoung continued without any doubt.

“Me?”

“Yes, you know...ummm....I’ve been....I’ve been like you since we are in Junior high school.”, Jinyoung closed his eyes worried about Mark’s reaction.

“I know.” Mark answered shortly

“WHAT? DID YOU KNOW? OMYGOD WHAT SHOUL I DO.” Jinyoung panic.

“Can you not to not shout beside my ear?”

“Ah sorry but....”

“Listen Jinyoungie, I’ve already think that. Think how if we date. Think if me and you always celebrate our anniversary but.... I think it will be awkward for me and you.”

Jinyoung shocked with Mark’s answer. Was Mark rejecting Jinyoung?

“Ah I know, Just me who’s like you and you don’t give a about me. HUH it’s only makes me embarrassed. I wanna go home. Bye” Jinyoung tried to not cry in this situation. If he cry he will do that not in front of Mark.

 

He go back to home alone in the dark night.

“I don’t cry. I don’t cry. I don’t cry. I don’t cry. I don’t cry.” Jinyoung said it repeatly while hoping not to cry in this situation but he was wrong, he burst of being cry.

“Ouch ouch is still pain.” Jinyoung cried.

“Wait it’s my knee not my heart.” Jinyoung still cried while hold his knee.

“BUT MY HEART IN PAIN TOO HUHUHU” Jinyoung cried louder than before.

Jinyoung walk further it makes him didn’t notice that someone who smiled at what his doing.

*

“Should I following him?” Mark asked to himself.

Mark immediately got up from his seat and quickly to followed Jinyoung.

“Ouch ouch is still pain.” Jinyoung cried.

“Wait it’s my knee not my heart.” Jinyoung still cried while hold his knee.

“BUT MY HEART IN PAIN TOO HUHUHU” Jinyoung cried louder than before.

Mark pay attention to his bestfriend from a distance and smiled when he saw what Jinyoung has doing.

“That’s brat, How can he cried like that”

*

“hey” Now Mark already beside Jinyoung.

Jinyoung wiped his tears “Why do you come here? Did you feel guilty now?”

“No”, Mark answered curtly while trying not too smile hardly “I want to take mine”

Jinyoung confused what did Mark said? Mine? Is Mark’s talking about Jinyoung?

“Not you. But that’s” Mark pointed to his lovely kneepad which still put on Jinyoung knees.

Jinyoung feels like Mark had playing with him. “AH I DON’T NEED THIS” Jinyoung said while throw off Mark’s kneepad and walk away without seeing Mark.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA” now Mark can’t resist, he laugh while following Jinyoung.

.

.

.

.

“Hey, need a ride?” Mark asked Jinyoung but Jinyoung didn’t want to felt again in Mark’s trap. Jinyoung still walked away without seeing Mark. Listen Mark’s voice can make Jinyoung want to destroy everything around his.

Mark relize that what he do is can’t be tolerated.

“HEY”, Mark trying to call Jinyoung

“HEY”, He’d called twice but Jinyoung still don not care.

“Jinyoungie.”,Mark ran to get Jinyoung and pulled his hand and hold him with Mark’s hug

In Jinyoung’s thought,he feels like he want to push Mark away. But Jinyoung heart said don’t and keep stay to a while. His heart and his mind now were not friendly.

“I’m sorry”,Mark said

“I know what I do is wrong”

Mark move a little, so he could see Jinyoung’s face.

“Stupid. How can you go back home in tears?” Mark wiped Jinyoung’s cheek.

“huh I should start from where? Listen Jinyoungie, Why I said like that? Try tou think clearly.” Mark talked to Jinyoung but Jinyoung just shooked his head give a cue that he didn’t know what’s Mark said.

“I said ‘ I’ve already think that. Think how if we date. Think if me and you always celebrate our anniversary but I think it will be awkward for me and you’ it just because I’ve already think about that firstly before you. I mean let me think about it alone. You don’t. What you have to do is just quiet, don’t move let me trying alone to get you.” Mark said strickly.

Heard what Mark’s said makes Jinyoung want to blame himself why he being so foolish.

“Do you understand now? I think morning will come up, lets go home.”, Mark smiled to Jinyoung

.

.

.

.

Along the way nobody dared to started the conversation first, only the crickets which fill their loneliness along the way.

“ah here you go, your house.” Mark give a cue that they’ve already arrived at Jinyoung’s home.

Jinyoung walked to entered his home but...

“Markeu-ah” Jinyoung turn around to get Mark. Mark still in there, not moving before Jinyoung entered heis home.

“You rite, I think we should just like this... Just friend? I don’t want feel awkward.” Jinyoung continued it.

“AHAHAHAHAHA I know, back to your house quickly before your parents get up.If you need me you can call me,i’ll always be there for you.” Mark said with smile bright.

“ I’m in embarrassed.”