Final

Strawberry Scented
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was about 4:50 in the morning and Jongin woke up cold, Kyungsoo not curled up asleep against his side like he normally was. Rubbing the sleepy out of his eyes, Jongin slowly sat up and looked around. It didn't look like Kyungsoo was in the room and his side of the bed, the covers were back.

Was he just in the bathroom?

Yawning slightly, Jongin turned and hung his legs over the side of the bed, turning his head to glance at the bathroom. The door was closed. Jongin pushed himself out of bed and walked toward the bathroom.

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin called quietly, fist knocking on the door twice. "Are you okay?"

At first, there was no response, but listening closer, Jongin could hear sounds coming from behind the door.

"I'm coming in, okay?" Jongin asked as he reached out to take the doorknob. When he didn't hear Kyungsoo respond, Jongin was quick to open the door, glad that it wasn't locked. Peeking inside, Jongin's eyes widened when he saw Kyungsoo kneeling in front of the toilet, hanging over it as he threw up.

Jongin basically flew over to Kyungsoo, dropping to his knees and putting a hand on Kyungsoo's back, starting to rub little circles. Kyungsoo's shirt was soaked with sweat, surprising Jongin enough for him to pull his hand away.

"Soo, you're burning up." Jongin gasped, feeling his forehead which was also dripping with sweat. "Why didn't you wake me up? I would've been with you."

Kyungsoo only gave a small and tired smile, the smile fading from his lips almost instantly however.

"You looked so peaceful sleeping." Kyungsoo managed to say, voice sounding weak. "I didn't want to wake you up."

Jongin shook his head and frowned.

"Baby, no." he whispered, watching Kyungsoo sadly. "Always wake me up when you need me."

Kyungsoo whimpered softly.

"I'm sorry."

Jongin sighed softly and ran his fingers through Kyungsoo's damp hair, forcing himself to smile.

"You don't have to apologize, Soo." he murmured. "How long have you been throwing up?"

Kyungsoo gave a small shrug in response, closing his eyes as he rested his head against the toilet seat.

"Food poisoning?" Jongin asked, tilting his head. As expected, Kyungsoo just shrugged again and let out a sad, pathetic whine.

Jongin bit his lip, eyes not leaving Kyungsoo. He looked so pale and miserable. Jongin felt terrible that he wasn't with Kyungsoo earlier when he was feeling bad. Jongin didn't even know how long Kyungsoo had been sick for. What if he needed to go to the hospital? He hated hospitals. Kyungsoo would rather die than to think about even stepping foot inside of a hospital.

Standing, Jongin was about to turn and go to the sink but his wrist was grabbed.

"Don't leave me." Kyungsoo breathed, tear filled eyes looking up at Jongin pitifully.

Jongin stared. Just the look from Kyungsoo was enough to make his heart hurt.

"No, no. I'm not leaving." Jongin said softly, prying Kyungsoo's fingers from around his wrist. "I'm just getting a wash cloth."

Crouching in front of the sink counter, Jongin opened the drawer, looking around for a wash cloth. It was in the back of the drawer, a little light blue one. The cloth felt soft to the touch. Standing, Jongin ran the cloth under the faucet, making it damp with cool water.

"Here." Jongin whispered as he sat back down next to Kyungsoo, wrapping an arm around him as he dabbed at his forehead with his other hand. "How does that feel?"

To Jongin's surprise, Kyungsoo smiled a little and nodded.

"Nice."

A little while passed and all was silent in the bathroom until Kyungsoo began throwing up again, head practically stuck in the toilet with how sick he was. It wasn't pleasant to hear someone throwing up and it made Jongin feel a bit grossed out, but he didn't want to just leave Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo needed him and he wanted to stay right by his side until he felt better. Jongin quietly watched Kyungsoo, sad frown on his lips. He had no idea why Kyungsoo was sick but it was really upsetting.

When Kyungsoo seemed to get a break, not throwing up for a little while Jongin tried seeing if he was strong enough to leave the bathroom and go back in bed to rest but he could barely stand on his own. Jongin knew Kyungsoo needed to take it easy and rest some, so he gathered a few towels and spread them out on the floor in front of the toilet for Kyungsoo to lay down. Kyungsoo was hesitant at first, too sore to lay down, but with some gentle coaxing, he eventually did.

Please log in to read the full chapter