Love Yourself

Love Yourself: Jung Hoseok

Its been almost half a year since I got my dream job. I work as an interior designer at an international firm in Seoul. I handle projects in different locations in South Korea and I'm about to have a big break. I got an email from a hollywood celebrity and this is my biggest break ever!

"Congratulations baby! I knew you could do it!" J-Hope said as we made a toast.

"Thanks, Hobi! I am so happy! It's finally my big break!" I replied

"Oh, by the way Jagi.. I got you tickets for our concert. It was so hard to purchase the VIP tickets." he stated

Oh no.. the concert.. I forgot about that..

"Oh. When was the concert again?" I asked smiling. He gave me a frown

"Jagiya, please dont tell me you forgot!" he pouted

"Baby.. I'm sorry.. It slipped off my mind.. I was so busy with work.. I didn't mean to baby.." I purred making him smile

"It's okay baby! Since its the first time I'm gonna forgive you! Oh and the concert is on the 18th next month! Please leave the rest of the afternoon open okay?" he chirped happily as he munched on his food.

Oh .. that's the same date that I have to present my final design.. I can't possibly cancel that or postpone that. I want to make a good impression...

"Oh, baby about that.. - " I stopped and looked at him. he was humming and his face was beaming with happiness. he looked up at me and asked why.

"Oh, nothing Hobi.. I just wanted to thank you for celebrating with me...." I said as I smiled sweetly. I can't say that. At least not now.. I don't want to upset him. I'm just gonna tell him some other time.

---

"Please tell me you're done with the draft? I handed it to you a week ago and you haven't even started!?" I shouted at my assistant. "Just leave! I don't want to see your face!" I said as I motioned her to leave. She turned her back on me and I heard her sobbing. J-Hope went in, when my assistant walked out the door

"Whoa baby! Don't frown... you're gonna get wrinkles!" he joked as he pulled me into a hug. I smiled but it didn't last long.

"What are you doing here Hobi? Aren't you supposed to be at the studio practicing?" I asked while looking at him. He just smiled and hugged me again.

"well, today is our date night and I came to tell you that you should get off work earlier because I'm gonna cook something today. I asked Jin-hyung to teach me and I think I mastered it already! I want you to be the first one to taste it Jagi!" he said excitedly. I laughed and poked his dimple.

"Alright Mr. Sunshine, I'll be home before 9. okay?" I said as I caressed his face giving him a kiss. I love how he calms me down when I'm on my beast mode. He smiled and hugged me tight and said goodbye. He said he's off to the supermarket to buy the ingredients.

After he left I went back to work.

Time Skip

"Finally! That's one off the list." I said as I put an X on my daily planner. I stretched and rubbed my neck when I caught sight of the clock on my table 9:45 PM

OH ! I forgot about J-Hope!

I quickly took my phone out my bag, no wonder I wasn't receiving any messages. It was off! I opened it and my eyes grew wide. 20 missed calls / 25 messages.

I dialed his number but he wasn't answering.

I hope he isn't mad..

I quickly fixed my things and left my office. I was the only one left! I pressed the button to the elevator hoping it would come faster. I could've taken the stairs but working on the 19th floor isn't a joke. I got on as soon as it opened. I got out the building and thankfully there was a taxi by the door. I quickly got on and made my way home. I arrived at home but it was already 10:15 PM. The lights were off. I looked at the living room but he wasn't there. I went to the bedroom and he wasn't there either. my shoulder slumped and I walked lazily to the kitchen thinking he probably left. I walked into the kitchen to find him sleeping. The food was neatly prepared on the table. There was a candle in the middle and a bottle of wine too. My heart felt heavy. I can't believe I forgot about him.. I walked close to him and hugged him. I started his head. He shuffled and he looked at me and smiled, showing his dimples. It broke my heart even more. After what I've done how can he still smile at me like that with such sincerity? Isn't he supposed to be mad at me?

"Jagi... you're home.. I was so worried.. you didn't even leave me a message or even call me.. now the food is cold and the wine too.." he sounded upset but his eyes gleamed in pure happiness

"I'm sorry, Jagi.. I was so busy.. my phone was off and I didn't even realized.. I'll make it up to you okay? I'm really sorry. I love you so much Hoseok" I said as I pulled him for a kiss which he gladly accepted.

"I love you too, jagi. Don't worry.. I understand. Come on, take a seat. I'll heat the food up." he said cheerfully as he got up

I sat down and waited for him to finish, watching him as he did a goofy dance around the table. When it was done, he watched me as I took my first bite.

"Hobi-ah! this is delicious!!" I squealed. It really was. I saw him with a triumphant smile

"Of course! I am J-Hope! the Golden Hyung of BTS!" he claimed. I shook my head and motioned him to eat as well.

TIME SKIP: 2 days before concert
J-Hope Pov

"Hyung? Come on. We need to practice." Jungkook called.

"I'll be right there, just give me a minute" I said as I fumbled with my phone.

I tried calling her probably for the 30th time now but still, she doesn't pick up. I left her a bunch of messages too, still no reply. Is she that busy? Eversince she got accepted she rarely has time for me. Its not that I'm not happy about her finally landing her dream job, but I'm starting to feel like she's starting to drift away from me.. I remember she always used to be excited everytime it was our date night. Now she works until late night and I always end up waiting for her.

I sigh as I put my phone back to my bag. She still didn't pick up. To be honest, I'm hurting.. a lot. I tried talking to her about it once and she just snapped at me. Saying she's tired from work and that she doesn't want to deal with my immaturity. I was left dumbfounded. But thinking that she was just stressed out, I apologized even though I wasn't at fault. It was the first time something like that happened. I went back and joined the others. I need to focus because our concert is just 2 days away. I hope she calls me soon. I just want to hear her voice. She's the only one who can calm me down when I'm a total wreck.

---

I'm finally done with the meeting. I didn't expect it to be this long. I quickly searched for my phone, I put it on silent mode so I won't be distracted. There's a lot of missed calls and message from J-Hope again. I really feel bad, but I know he understands. I quickly made my way to my office. As soon as I shut the door behind me, I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" he said with a raspy voice

"Hey, Hobi~~" I hummed hoping to get him to cheer up

"Jagiyaaa~~" he chirped

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer any of your calls. I was in a meeting and I didn't expect that it would be this long. I'm really sorry baby..." I said.

"Hmm... apology not accepted." I could imagine him faking a frown.

"I'll make it up to you... since I don't have any more schedule, I'm basically done for the day. What if I go to the studio and wait for you and we can go have dinner in your favorite restaurant? what do you say?"

"Sounds good to me.." he chuckled. I said goodbye and decided to fix my things. I hailed a cab and went to their studio.

They were still practicing when I got there. I waited patiently and watched as my boyfriend danced and rapped. They were given 3 hours rest, but they have to go back because they will have rehearsals in the venue where there concert will be held. We made our way to the restaurant and ate til our hearts content. I need to tell him about the meeting on the 18th. This is my last chance.

"Jagiya.. why are you looking at me like that? Are you falling in love with me more?? hmmm??" he stated as he made a cute face. Earning looks from the couple next to our table

"Hobi-ah.. please stop.. everyone is looking at us.." I giggled. It's not like I want him to stop.

"So what? I know you're enjoying it~~~"

I just laughed at him because its true. I was eating silently when I noticed that he was staring at me. I looked at him and asked why.

"I'm just happy that you came to our practice, Jagi.. you don't know how much I wanted to see you eversince practice started. I'm a wreck and seeing you watching me dance and sing just brings out the best in me. And with you in the concert, I know I will do better. Saranghae, Jagi.." he cooed

OH NO. I totally just lost the guts to tell him about me probably arriving late in the concert.. I will make it, just probably late. But I'm sure he'll understand..better late than never right? I just have to deal with the presentation smoothly and make sure everything is well prepared.

That's what I thought.

It was finally the 18th and J-Hope called me at least 6 times reminding me not to be late. I still didn't have the guts to tell him. I didn't want to let him down. I'm currently starting to feel pissed off. Our meeting was supposed to start at 11, but it wasn't until an hour and a half when our client went online. I showed her the design and explained everything to her. I thought she understood but when I finished my presentation, she said she didn't understand a thing because of my heavy accent. She could've told me so I wouldn't have wasted my time explaining. I went over again and this time she understood. But she had a lot of objections and questions. She even made me draw another draft on the spot because she wanted me to include her ideas and it was definitely time consuming. I looked at my watch and it was already 3PM the concert starts at 5 and I only have two more hours to go. She's still going through my design which I sent to her. She suggested that I make another one. I wanted to protest but I didn't want to bring my team down so I did the best I could. I looked at my watch and it was already 6PM. I cursed mentally. I worked hard until she finally came to a decision - She didn't liked my designs. After all the preparation and wasted time I can't believe it was all for nothing. I slumped on my chair. I was speechless and furious. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already half past 6. I dismissed my team and told them they can leave early, as for me I'll go see my boyfriend although I'm not sure if I'll make it in time. I reached the venue at half past 7. Thanks to the rush hour. The concert was already over. I tried calling Hobi, but he wasn't picking up. I decided to go home and just rest. They were probably celebrating. I arrived at my place after 30minutes to find Hobi waiting for me in the living room. His expression was dark.

"Hi Hobi~~ I didn't know you were here. You should have told me I could've --" he cut me off

"Where were you?! Why didn't you come to the concert?! If you didn't plan on going in the first place you should've told me so I wouldn't have wasted a huge amount of money on someone who would bail on me!!" He shouted which caught me off guard.

"I meant to tell you but I didn't have the heart to.. I'm sorry Hobi-- I.."

"So you thought it was better to keep my hopes up than tell the ing truth!? I called you a lot of times today!! You should've taken that opportunity to tell me!!!! I am so ing mad at you right now!!!" He growled.

"Who ing cares about your ing concert anyway!? I have my own life!! I have my own job!! I have my own problems!! And who told you to buy me tickets anyway if you think it was just a waste of money!? I can pay you back double if you want!!!!" I was over the edge as well. I looked at him and suddenly felt a pang of guilt. His eyes was full of hurt and there were tears starting to build up in his eyes.. He looked at me in disbelief

"Are you being serious right now? So are you telling me you don't care about me? Am I not allowed to feel pain? Am I not allowed to be hurt? I waited for you.. I searched for you in the VIP section.. did you forget that seeing you during a performance makes me feel better? Did you know how many times I ed up today? All I wanted was to see you..." His tears were now rolling down his face

"You're not the only one who's been through a lot today. You don't know how much I went through today.. you're being selfish right now Hobi..." I started to cry as well.. my eyes were blurry from the tears building

"I'm selfish?? I should be the one saying that. Do you even know what you've done? I tried my best to keep quiet. But ever since you landed your dream job you never made anymore time for me. It was always me. Waiting for you until late night. Waiting for your calls and messages, sometimes you'd even forget about me. I put up with that because I love you.. I even told you about the concert earlier so you could make time for me.. I never asked you for anything you know that.. you never even asked me how I was doing with work anymore. It was always about you. You couldn't even tell that I was hurting.." He trailed of. He was now sitting on the sofa running his hands on his hair.

I couldn't speak. I didn't have any clue of what he was going through.. he's right.. I'm the selfish one.. I sat beside him and tried to put my hands around him, but he pushed my hands away and got up.

"Despite my busy schedule I made sure to make time for you. Even if I just had 2 or 3 hours of sleep I would still come for you. I sacrificed my days off and sleep for you. I can't believe you can't even sacrifice a little bit of your time for me.. You don't know how much it meant for me to see you there. I'm sorry to be the one saying this, it hurts me to do this.. but I think its time we go our separate ways.. I love you but I can't take it anymore.. the pain is too much for me to handle now.. I gave you everything I could.. but you still took me for granted.. now I know my place.. I really loved you, you know that.. but it looks like you love yourself more.. I hope you find someone better.. someone who will understand you and love you more than I ever could... I'm sorry..." He said.

He pulled me into a hug and gave me one last kiss on my forehead before he turned away from me without even looking back. Tears started to fall as soon as he shut the door. I fell on the floor and started crying uncontrolably

What have I done? Why didn't I notice? I was so focused on my job, I started to take him for granted.. My ray of sunshine, my strength and my hope is gone.. I hurt him because of how selfish I was.. and now I'm paying the price.. I lost him forever..

I dragged myself to my room and in the night stand beside my bed I saw a picture of him. His eyes formed a crescent, his dimples showing and his cheerful smile which always put a smile on my face was the first thing I see.. I will never get the chance to see that precious smile of his now, nor will I get to poke his cute dimples every time he smiles at me..

I wish I could turn back time.. but I know its too late now.. The love of my life is gone.. He left me all alone to pick up the pieces.

This pain and memory will always remain with me. A feeling of emptiness and dark days caused by none other than - Jung Hoseok

•••