Prologue: Downpour

Null Hypothesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the rain pounding the bus soothed me. For the past few days have been hard on me; I was ridiculed by school, relationships… if you could call it that, and anxiety-- it all came down like a downpour and it felt like I was drowning. It was 8:23pm and I was waiting for the bus to leave campus so I could go home and meet my death, school work.

 

“It’s raining hard isn’t it?” I glanced over to see a boy who was drenched by the rain. Mildly annoyed that I got wet because of him and unsure of what to do, I nodded in response. A laugh escaped from his end along with an apology, but it was unheard. I froze upon hearing his laugh because it reminded me of him. Was I hallucinating? Maybe I’ve been going around finding bits and pieces of him in other people.

 

I let out a heavy sigh and rested my head against the window, I don’t want to keep thinking about him, but no matter where I went or what I did, I was haunted by him. When I closed my eyes, I saw his left dimple and lopsided smile. No matter what song I was listening to, I would find myself tuning it out and hearing his annoying laugh.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bother you,” the drenched boy said.

 

“It’s not you don’t worry,” I muttered.

 

“Long day?” he asked.

 

“More like a long month,” I said glancing over at his face.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll get through this. I may not know you but I believe in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter