Talk to Me

So Goodbye (One Shot)

I need to talk to him. It has been a while since we've talked. I've seen him around and he's avoiding me. It's my fault though. I started avoiding him as soon as I found out he liked someone. They had become closer. I felt as far away from him than ever.

 

I waited by the stairs by his class. I need to talk to him. I want to talk it out.

 

I saw the door flew open and students were coming out. I stood up quickly and fixed my posture. I saw him and some of his friends walk out. My heart was pounding really fast. There he was. I don't know what to do. I should go. I don't need to talk to him.

 

"Hey, Hani," Mino smiled.

 

"Oh hi," I turned back around.

 

"Were you waiting for someone?" Taehyun asked.

 

"Uh. Well yeah. Seunghoon. Can I please talk to you. If you can't that's fine. I have other things to do,"I said quickly.

 

"Yeah. Sure," he smiled.

 

"Thanks. Let's go outside then. If that's okay," I said.

 

He nodded. 

 

I led him to the outside of the building tp a place where there wasn't anyone. There we could talk in peace. I didn't think this would happen. I thought I would chicken out and not be able to tell him.

 

"I want to talk... about our friendship."

 

"I don't think there's anything to talk about."

 

"I think that there is."

 

"Like what?"

 

"I don't know, but-"

 

"But what?"

 

"Please look at me in the eyes and tell me what's wrong," I said.

 

"No," he said.

 

"So it's going to be like this huh? Fine. Avoid me all you want. Keep doing it. I won't care anymore. I'm so sorry for trying to be your friend and I'm so sorry for trying to keep our friendship."

 

"It doesn't seem like it."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You know. It's obvious that you like me. Just stop dreaming."

 

"Stop dreaming? You're the one that needs to stop dreaming. She doesn't even like you! Me, stop dreaming? You make me laugh."

 

"You make me laugh. You honestly think I'll go running to you because she doesn't like me? Think again. She hasn't even told me."

 

"Well she has told everyone. To my understanding, you guys are just friends. The other day we were in the library and she told me she found this guy cute enough to date and it wasn't you."

 

"Shut up! You don't even belong in our group. You're a nobody without us. You just blend in the background and no one acknowledges you. Go away. Leave."

 

"You don't think already knew that? I honestly thought you guys were my real friends, but I was so wrong. I can't believe it took me this long to realize. Through all this hurt, I lost everything to be with you guys. If that's what you want then fine. I'll leave."

 

Tears started forming in my eyes. 

 

"Well thanks for letting me know. I really did need to open my eyes soon."

 

I turned around. Goodbye and good ridance. My tears started flowing down my face.

 

"Wait. Hani, wait!"

 

I walked as fast as I could. It was to the point I started running. I ran until his voice has a background noise behind me. I don't need people like this. I need to let go. I stopped running. Don't run away from things. Just let go.

 

 

He will no longer a main character in my life story but just a cameo. Cameo that directs me to the person I will become. The others will become extras that won't bother me.

 

I am the main character in my story and I will make the choices to be happy. After all the hurt there is happiness and I will get there.


Hey guys. This is a little short I wrote a few months ago and kept to myself. It's just a little short I wrote to tell myself and other that those who hurt you have no power over you once you decide to let go of them and to let go of that negativity in your life.