Final

Dress To Impress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     

 

Yoongi stares at Hoseok incredulously as he blinks his eyes a couple of times, wondering if he’s heard right.

“You what???”

The other grins widely at the blonde’s annoyed tone and ruffles his hair as the other grumbles in protest.

It’s the day before Yoongi’s birthday and Hoseok has decided to tell him that he ordered a certain mascot to hang out with Yoongi and the rest of Bangtan for the day. More specifically, Kumamon.

Yoongi sighs in annoyance, but he knows Hoseok can see through his faux persona of irritation. Getting up from his bed, he shoves Hoseok through the door before Hoseok can protest, and locks the door on his dormmate.

Yoongi smiles as he hears Hoseok’s muffled wailing through the door, and he can imagine right now the pouting face that Hoseok has put on.

As Hoseok continues to cry about where he is supposed to sleep, Yoongi’s drawling voice floats from under the door and Hoseok pouts at the answer he is given.

“Shouldn’t have told me your idea right before we were going to bed. Go find Jin hyung to get you a pillow and a blanket. If you’re lucky, maybe Taehyung will let you sleep in his and Jimin’s.”

The answer is so Yoongi.

Silence ensues for a couple of seconds before he hears his hyung’s cackling from inside the room and Hoseok can’t help himself as he smiles at his hyung’s childish antics.

He is about to turn and knock on Jimin and Taehyung’s room, but the door opens quickly before he can, and he see’s Taehyung’s head poke out of the entrance.

“I heard what happened hyung. Have fun and good luck!”

Taehyung grins his box-shaped smile and before Hoseok can register what is happening, a pillow is thrown at his face and the door is slammed shut. He hears the click of the lock and then the two boys laughing from inside.

He sends a sarcastic ‘thanks’ to the door and decides to check on the youngest for a room to share with.

He refuses to go into Jin and Namjoon’s room. That would be awkward, and he doesn’t want a repeat of what happened the last time he wandered in without knocking. He shudders as an image of Namjoon’s enters his head and he shoves it away immediately.

Nope. Definitely not Jin and Namjoon’s. Never again.

As he knocks on the youngest’s door, Jungkook opens it up smiling his bunny-toothed smile as he asks what his hyung needs. As Hoseok explains his predicament to the younger, Jungkook nods his head along, but to Hoseok’s disappointment, still shakes his head when he asks to share the room.

As Hoseok asks why, a red blush runs up the younger’s neck as he stutters,

“Sorry Hoseok hyung, It’s just your… errr… sleeping habits… you know… I can’t really… yeah...”

The maknae’s word trail off and Hoseok realizes he shouldn’t have asked the boy as he thinks of his own sleeping habits in his head. They may be a little too adult for the youngest member of their group.

This time, at least Jungkook is nice enough to grab a blanket and hand it to Hoseok instead of throwing it at his face. As Hoseok wanders through their dorm, he ends up deciding to sleep on the couch.

As he closes his eyes and waits for sleep to come to him, he hopes tomorrow doesn’t go wrong…

 

~~~~

 

The next morning, Yoongi wakes up and reckons it’s the best sleep he’s had in awhile. It’s probably because today is a day he knows will be relaxing.

As he looks beside him to find an empty bed, he is confused for a second, before the events from last night replay in his head and he chuckles out loud to himself.

Yoongi takes back his previous thought. It’s probably because his noisy roommate isn’t with him.

Stretching his back in a cat-like arch, Yoongi lets out a loud yawn into the empty space and gets up quietly. Slipping on his (as Hoseok calls them) Grandpa-slippers, he makes his way to the door and opens it, heading out to the open area.

As he meanders his way into the kitchen, he is greeted by the eldest-hyung cooking something delicious smelling behind the stove. Sitting down by the counter he grabs a coffee the other hands him and puts his face in his hands.

“Good morning Yoongi-ah. Half of forty-eight today.”

An annoyingly deep voice rings from behind him as another chuckles. Yoongi knows immediately who the voice’s belong to and groans at the other’s who just laugh.

“Shut up Tae, you’re half of forty-two and you sound like an eighty year-old.”

That manages to quiet the other and he hears Jimin’s high pitched laughter at the shutdown of the other.

“Ooh Tae, you got roasted by the birthday boy”.

Another voice enters the kitchen, and Yoongi looks toward the source, spotting a yawning Namjoon entering along with their youngest member. The other grabs a spot beside Yoongi and gets a coffee for himself just as Jin turns around to serve the steaming dish.

Samgyeopsal and Galbi cooked to it’s finest wafts inside Yoongi’s nose and he inhales the scent of glorious, glorious meat, his mouth watering from the smell.

“Isn’t that too unhealthy for a breakfast meal hyung?”

Yoongi looks behind him to see Taehyung looking at him with raised eyebrows, but he can tell how much Taehyung actually wants the meat by the way the younger is staring at the meat and his chops.

Smirking, Yoongi looks at his dongsaeng and decides to torture the younger as he takes his chopsticks and replies to the younger.

“Nope, not at all. It’s my birthday and I’m eating this all by myself”.

Just as he is about to dig in, Yoongi realizes someone is amiss and hesitates on his bite of the steaming pork.

“Where’s Hoseok-ah?”

The room goes eerily silent as the other members all look down at the floor unable to give him an answer. Finally, Jungkook looks up and says in a whisper,

“I’m sorry Yoongi hyung. I guess Hoseok hyung. didn’t tell you. He has a meeting at the studio today until the end of the day so he won’t be able to celebrate with us. That’s why he ordered Kumamon. I’m really sorry hyung.”

Yoongi stays silent as he let’s the words settle in his mind, and suddenly he isn’t hungry. Getting up from the counter he lets his ears grow deaf to the other member’s questions and he enters his room, locking the door behind him.

“Yoongi, are you alright?”

He hears the older softly knocking but knows he will leave him be soon, so he chooses to stay silent. A few seconds go by, and Yoongi hear’s the sound of his hyung’s footsteps padding away. As he lies in his bed, Yoongi realizes the extent of his feeling’s towards Hoseok and groans into his pillow at his over reaction because of it.

So yeah, his feeling towards Hoseok are more than platonic, he has to admit that. But really, all the drama that comes with open romance, Yoongi isn't ready for that. As he groans into his pillow, he closes his eyes and tries to think of how he fell in love with the idiot.

‘Maybe it’s the way he smiles, that charming smile of his with two set dimples in his cheeks and the way his eyes curve up into half-moon crescents. The way his luscious lips spread over those pretty teeth-’

Yoongi groans into his pillow as he cuts out of his thoughts.

Dear God, he’s smitten.

And all he thinks of before he sleeps is

‘Oh lord...Wake me up when it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter